PDA

View Full Version : Expectant PPL's!

tiger burn
4th Sep 2001, 20:54
Can anyone advise me on flying restrictions for pregnant PPL's. I appreciate most of the contributors may be male & I hate to embarrass you, but I'd be grateful for any advice.
Many thanks!

autothrottle
4th Sep 2001, 21:20
Not totally sure but for a class 1 medical,as soon as you know you are pregnant you must inform the CAA.I believe this is the same for all classes of medical,and may mean restrictions or grounding.
You may get an accurate answer if you post on medical though!

Skylark4
4th Sep 2001, 21:48
Congratulations Tiger. I am not embarrassed in the least.
I have a feeling you are grounded, if so, just accept it and think about flying instead. Make sure you produce a healthy baby pilot to carry on the crusade.

Regards,

MikeW.

tiger burn
4th Sep 2001, 22:09
Thank you! I had a feeling it would be a case of feet on terra firma for a while. I'll check with the CAA in the morning. Its all (ahem) happened rather quickly! :)

Skylark4
4th Sep 2001, 22:21
Yes, it usually does but don`t worry,most of us men get better with practice and advancing years.

Mike W.

tiger burn
4th Sep 2001, 23:53
Teee hee! getting wheels up is proving to be quite addictive too......him in doors (did I say that!) has enrolled for the PPL groundschool course at Guildhall........so all being well,the young Tigger will be genetically modified for flying! Fingers crossed.