PDA

View Full Version : Log Book

bcfc
16th Jul 2001, 17:34
I've just checked my log book and noticed I made a mistake in the addition back on page 2 (i.e. a little while back). I've also made loads of corrections and, well, its all a bit messy.

I know its a legal document but does anyone know if I'm allowed to get a new one and start afresh? (getting it right this time :rolleyes: )

It'll (hopefully) be going into the CAA soon so I don't want to screw things up.

Cheers

Aussie Andy
16th Jul 2001, 17:38
Your CFI will have to endorse it before it goes off to CAA - so best to check with him/her first. I think it would not matter. Personally, I left mine ultra-messy and it wasn't a problem.

Andy

You want it when?
16th Jul 2001, 17:39
I thought you could re-write it and re-start it as often as you need to - without changing the hours / log details. However if you've got signatures etc. then you need to either get them repeated (no forging) or keep the original photocopy.

Cahlibahn
16th Jul 2001, 18:30
If it hasn't got any signatures in it then I guess you could start afresh.

After your first signature then you are a bit stuck so I would just leave a blank line, enter a correcting line (with explanation) and leave another blank line after the correction before resuming normal operations.

[ 16 July 2001: Message edited by: Cahlibahn ]

bcfc
16th Jul 2001, 18:42
Thanks all. No signatures in it yet so I think I'll get myself a new one and start over.

I tried to be neat but ever since the advent of email, my handwriting has regressed to that of a 6-year old. Anyone else found this or am I the only dufuss? :D

Code Blue
16th Jul 2001, 19:09
my handwriting has regressed to that of a 6-year old

Transport Canada exams require only that you can shade in a circle with a pencil. It's easier than attempting to decipher handwriting.

I was keen to have a tidy log book way back when and having no signatures &c I rewrote a new one. Since then I use calibahn's technique as I haven't got any neater.

FNG
16th Jul 2001, 19:30
My handwriting is appalling (and has become worse since I starting using computers) owing to being mixed up with my elder brother at birth (he is a doctor but writes very neatly, so clearly I was supposed to be him and he me). As a result my log book looks frightful, especially around the entry for first solo: I knew that this must, by time-honoured tradition, be written in red and used a splodgy red map pen which had adverse effects on the surrounding pages. One of my instructors told me off for the state of the logbook late in the course, pointing out that the CAA might quibble with entries that they couldn't read, but in the event they nodded it through. Nowadays I try to keep it a bit neater, and instead get in trouble for horrid scrawl on our aircraft's fiendishly complex tech log, which usually takes a period of time greater than the max fuel endurance to fill in.

I have control
17th Jul 2001, 22:00
There was a post on pprune a while ago giving deatils of an on-line logbook, where anyone could leave a copy of their log (for their own use & for others to see). I lost the link to the logbook can anyone help me with it?

Sensible
17th Jul 2001, 23:59
Try this one, it contains the log of a certain rich and very famous person! :D http://www.e-logbooks.co.uk/ if you have trouble navigating the site, try this link http://millen.test.uk.concentric.com/pilots/log_book.asp?pilot=PPRuNe

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: Sensible ]

I have control
19th Jul 2001, 03:55
Thanks - that's the one I was looking for! :)

kala87
22nd Jul 2001, 13:15
I remember a certain Rufus Heald telling me that he would be highly suspicious of any logbook that didn't contain lots of corrections and re-calculations!

Buffeting
22nd Jul 2001, 15:57
Just a quick question:
Does anybody know if you are allowed to use white-out to fix up a mistake?
Ta

skydriller
22nd Jul 2001, 17:00
I certainly hope white-out is OK, you should see the state of one page of my logbook!! :eek:

Whirlybird
22nd Jul 2001, 18:17
I seem to have acquired a PPL(A) and a PPL(H), despite bad handwriting, crossings out, whiteout etc etc.

Hopefully in a few months I'll know if I can get a CPL(H) with all that lot plus lots of irrelevant comments in the remarks column.