PDA

View Full Version : New Web Site

gapilot
29th Aug 2001, 12:58
I am the webmaster of a new site aimed at the private pilot. I know there are a lot of sites out there but I want to make this one different and I need the help of interested parties such as your good self.
Please visit the site and make use of the facilites there and please use the feedback page to suggest other areas that could be included or areas that could be improved
General Aviation Pilot (http://www.gapilot.co.uk) ;)

WeatherJinx
3rd Sep 2001, 16:45
GAPilot

I liked the content, but if you don't mind my saying so it all looked a bit basic visually (culling clip art from the Web is fine as far as it goes and shows resourcefulness, but usually means you don't end up showing your content in its best light).

I work in the professional graphics/multimedia arena, and would be more than happy to help a fellow pilot out with a few ideas for a logo/identity and layout.

Email me if you like (address in profile).

WxJx :cool:

[ 03 September 2001: Message edited by: WeatherJinx ]

Dragger of Tail
3rd Sep 2001, 17:40
oh I see now. I thought your screen name was pronounced gay pilot.

WeatherJinx
8th Sep 2001, 12:28
John

I 've been working on a template for your site. I cannot reach the URL for some reason (seems to be a server issue?). Your mailserver also appears to be down. Do you have a locally-cached 'index.html' file you could email to me?

Regards
Philip

foxmoth
8th Sep 2001, 16:07
The site seems to have gone "offline" for some reason for the last couple of days.

gapilot
9th Sep 2001, 12:05
Hi,
Thanks for all of your support for the new site which has suffered due to the server having problems.

The site is back up, mostly, however Frontpage extensions are still down so some of the functionality is still not there. :mad:

gapilot
9th Sep 2001, 12:09
Weatherjinx,
Index page is on the way, thanks. :)