PDA

View Full Version : Soloed (Taildragger)

kabz
14th Jul 2001, 03:13
Woo-Hoo. Thanks to anyone that told me to stick at it. I am just fresh/sweaty from the deserted pattern of Houston Southwest, where I took to the air solo in a powered plane for the first time.

Coupla and tngs, and a final landing to a fullstop and taxi back. Cool. It was fun having the instructor standing by the side of the runway rather than behind me, and nice to know that it was all my own work to get that Citabria nicely back on the runway a few times, and keep it glued to the centerline.

Woo-hoo.

Kermit 180
14th Jul 2001, 11:17
Congats Kabz!! ;)

Bet all that glider flying came in handy for getting your feet working hard in the Citabria. Well done mate.

Kermie :D

AerBabe
14th Jul 2001, 17:57
Very well done mate - great innit? Bet you'll be grinning for weeks on this one :D I still smile when I remember my first solo.... *sigh* Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

FNG
14th Jul 2001, 19:55
Double congrats for first solo and for dragging yer tail. Me v jealous and wish I'd done that (didn't solo a taildragger until I'd had the trike licence for a year).

stiknruda
14th Jul 2001, 22:51
Kabz - if you are still in H'ston - pop down to Andrau just off Westheimer and find a lady called Joy Bowden. Ten yrs ago she taught me my first aeros and how to wheel land a taildragger in a x-wind. One helluva instructress!!!

Stik

Mr moto
14th Jul 2001, 23:31
And welcome to the club!

kabz
15th Jul 2001, 10:14
Thanks for the good wishes and stuff. Means a lot to me !! Thanks.

Stik!! That's near enough where I was!! Andrau closed a while back, but Joy and her school are now at AXH, down in Arcola. Tom Stein is my instructor, but Joy was right there to watch me leap happily out of N86625 after my first .3 by myself. The other Citabria is 505N and I've already got as far as looping the decathalon, so it's in hand mate !!

dingducky
16th Jul 2001, 16:55
hey congrats matey :) :) :)

Saab Dastard
16th Jul 2001, 23:17
Kabz,

Bloody well done - I remember when you were feeling that you'd never be able to master it, so well done for sticking at it too!

Enjoy

:D

SD

LowNSlow
18th Jul 2001, 03:05
After all the bounces it's wonderful when you get it right.

Congratulations and welcome to the club.