PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an VFR flight plan document?

You want it when?
29th Aug 2001, 11:37
Hi,

I have some "homework" to plot a round robin from Cranfield, and managed to pack my map, wizz wheel and compass but forgot the VFR plan sheet. I can almost remember the headings but if anyone has a copy in word or the like could they email it to me please.

Much obliged.

Chocks Wahay
29th Aug 2001, 20:46
It's available in Acrobat Reader (PDF) format on the AIS server here: http://www.ais.org.uk/CA48/CA48.htm

You want it when?
30th Aug 2001, 11:59
Thanks Chocks (and Steve L) but the form I wanted is for VFR, it might be specific to my school - with headings such as start leg, end leg, minimum safe altitude, cruise altitude, track, wind, mag var., adjusted track, air speed, ground speed, distance, ETA, ATA.

I gave up and did my homework at home (well that makes sense!) - only took 20 mins in the end - I'm getting the hang of this wizz wheel. I shall be creating the sheet as word document if any one is interested.

And thanks again all.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: You want it when? ]

Chocks Wahay
30th Aug 2001, 16:01
Ah - the thing you wanted is a Plog (Pilot's Log?) sheet, used for navigating. Mine is in Excel, and does some of the calculations for me. These days I use Navbox Proplan to do it all for me, but I imagine your instructor would frown on that :-( A flight plan is a whole different statutory type of thing.

Good luck with the flight.

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: Chocks Wahay ]

You want it when?
30th Aug 2001, 16:35
Hey Chocks I'm lucky, at 11 hours I even knew it was related to flying. Thanks forthe correction - I've done it in word now.

Cheers,