PDA

View Full Version : Duxford Flying Legends Sunday

Lew Ton
10th Jul 2001, 00:41
After the wash out on Saturday I am pleased that the full display went ahead on Sunday. It was quite brilliant, congratulations to all who were involved.

There are some photos from the display up on my web site, just follow the 'photos' link.

old-timer
10th Jul 2001, 01:44
Hi LTN,

yes, I got wet on sat ;-(
should have gone sun instead,
(I saw the French B-17 & skyraider
routing home overhead my house sun
late ,

checked out your site,
cool pics'
I loved the poppy one,
thats a winner for sure ,

cool cats too :-)

cheers

Rallye Driver
10th Jul 2001, 17:22
Drove up to Duxford on Sunday - it was great, and the sun came out for the Spitfires! There's nothing like the sound of a Griffon going flat out.

I flew in on Monday in the group AA5 and a very friendly FISO directed me to the flightline next to the Grumman fighters - two biplanes shipped over from the States specially for the show, plus the Wildcat and the Hellcat. I got the photo of a lifetime of our little Grumman parked with all these big birds! Excellent!

Went on my way to Beccles with a big grin. It's still there today, now I've got my photos back.

Flyswift
10th Jul 2001, 21:32
Lew Ton,

Excellent pictures. You must have one hell of a lens on your camera. I can almost see the colour of some of the pilots eyes. :eek:

I went on Saturday, unfortunatley. Never mind, saw most of the good stuff fly, and because of the low cloud, at very low level.

Anyways, top marks on the picy's.

Lew Ton
10th Jul 2001, 23:27
Thanks, Flyswift, you're very kind.

It's an Olympus digital camera, a new toy. After years of carting around two SLR bodies and humpty-dumpty lenses (and getting in to trouble last year when I tried to take the lot as cabin baggage! :rolleyes: ) I thought I'd go for the new toy. 3x optical zoom and 2.5x digital zoom plus a teleconverter but you lose something with that little lot selected.

And it's a bit hit and miss, there's about a 2 sec delay in pressing the shutter and it taking the picture! I took over 130 to get that selection. :D :D :D Good fun though!

[ 10 July 2001: Message edited by: Lew Ton ]

Splosh
11th Jul 2001, 01:35
Nice photos Lew! I wouldn't mind the digital job myself, sadly they cost a tad too much. I've forwarded your website URL to some of the pilots involved last weekend, I'm sure they'll like the shots.

Did anyone take any more photos of Spit XIV J-EJ on either day, or the Bearcat on Saturday? A relative was flying, and I didn't have my camera with me! Doh.

Cheers!

Flyswift
11th Jul 2001, 20:01
Lew, I know what you mean by the '2 second' delay; I have a Nikon digi. Same problem.

Good zoom on yours though, or were you actually sitting in-between the runways? :D ;)

[ 11 July 2001: Message edited by: Flyswift ]

[ 11 July 2001: Message edited by: Flyswift ]

Lew Ton
11th Jul 2001, 23:06
I wish! :D :D :D