PDA

View Full Version : Redhill - what the dickens is going on?

Trefdraeth
28th Aug 2001, 13:05
Seem to be strange things afoot, first we get restricted ATC times, now we go FISO Monday/Tuesday.
Obviously this has been thought out and approved by the Belgrano, this airspace is arguably a bit lively on for FISO. Certainly made me nervous!
Have heard tales if incompetence and skullduggery. Anyone care to let us know what's really happening to this once great airfield??

wysiwyg
28th Aug 2001, 13:31
At last, the start of an attempt to return Redhill back to the ways in which it proved successful. If this is the case I wish them the very best. Does this indicate the power of PRuNe???

Trefdraeth
28th Aug 2001, 15:55
Redill was, and could probably agin be arguably the best airfield in the S.E. However I take it you meant that this is the start if sorting things out. It could be seen as a steop backwards. It's always takes a lot more effort to put thigs back the way they were that to let things slide. It would seem that things have gone from bad to worse in the last 2 months. Are we on the way up, or a gentle glide towards a small grass airfield with air/ground? Guess it's not too much of a worry as we'll be waterlogged next month! :confused:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 00:42
Trefdraeth,

Sometimes you find that a positive attitude helps a bad situation improve.

Why don't you give it a try!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 01:54
The Silver Fox,
I don't doubt that things are afoot to improve things. I just wish we were officially allowed to know the SP. Alegedly, The SATCO that was, is once more. And huzzah to that, I just wish that the positive was shown, rather than the majority living in the dark. For me EGKR is the place to be. And nothing will change that. You have to conceed that for the casual observer, things are a bit pants. Good luck to the new order. But I think that they really ought to smile about things rather than issue B&W photocopies of the same old, same old.

Whatever, the only way is up, and my heart felt good wishes to those that carry that torch. :rolleyes:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 02:04
Trefdraeth,

On another positive note, they started to resurface the taxiway today!

on which part of the airfield are you based?

Not close to the 19 hold by any chance?

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 02:11
Regret to inform, nearer A1 for 26 (L, or R deepending who's on Duty). Best of luck to them all, I jusy worry about Redhill becoming another Lydd. (surly ATC is one thind, becoming Lydd is another!!!)

:eek:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 02:19
Trefdraeth,

You must be a 172 man.

Do you sit on the right hand side?

Lets hope that your wrong about the flooded runways. It's to early in the year to start squeezing our senecas down on the southern taxiway!!!- Say hello next time you come over for a sandwich!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 02:30
Silver Fox,
I don't know if my stomach could cope with another one, and anyway, I'm on an offcial diet untill the C1 renewal. Special K, tastes like S****.! ;)

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 02:36
Trefdraeth,

Just had a look at your profile and noticed the occupation- give me a clue!!!!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 02:45
EGADS!!! what is the point of an anonymous forum, if its not anonymous!. No, I'm not an instructor at the funny shaped red building. I do however have an interest in the general goings on. God knows managers generaly know **** **** . And there are some very odd people running around unsupervised! "1993 and all that???" :eek:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 03:15
Trefdraeth.

Come on! Don't be shy!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 03:19
You don't smoke cigars, and travel in that minibus??

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 03:23
Trefdraeth,

Shame on you! referring to our executive transport as a minibus!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 03:27
Executive Muli Passenger Vehicle.... How might I indetify you should I pop up in the AM for a Bacon (and thats an abuse of the English Laguage) Butty.

08.30. That's an abuse! :cool:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 03:30
We could both wear a pink carnation!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 03:45
I shall simply ask for the Silver Fox. Let then font desk know! (lest I feel like a compete idiot!). GB*** , I seem to be stuck in the mud, any chance of assistance??? :cool:

TheSilverFox
29th Aug 2001, 03:49
I think I know the incident to which you refer ( about 4 years ago ) but I was actualy standing in the tower when it occured - not captain carpet slippers in the aircraft!

Trefdraeth
29th Aug 2001, 03:56
Neg, first solo. Checks complete (kinda missed the brakes off). Luckily our local fire fighter is as mad as a hatter. And and laughed all the way from his play pen.
Where else would you love to fly from!!!! :)

Hersham Boy
30th Aug 2001, 16:31
Don't rise to the bait over the minibus... it's a fine vehicle and they're only jealous!

I'm now picturing who might describe themselves as The Silver Fox... hmmmmmmm....