PDA

View Full Version : Full marks for Kemble

Toppers
9th Jul 2001, 00:31
Had my first ever brown trouser experience today, at Kemble. At 300 ft on departure my ADF "wire" decided to snap near the tail and the noise it made slapping against the fuselage nearly made me **** myself.

I informed Kemble Inf. of the situation and they were nothing short of brilliant. Let me land short, park where I liked, brought tools out to me and helped me sort the problem out.

I always think praise is worth giving when it's due and this time, Kemble gets it.

:cool:

twistedenginestarter
9th Jul 2001, 16:16
That main runway is so w-i-d-e. Has anybody taken off across it? ;)

Bouncy Landing
9th Jul 2001, 17:31
My ab-initio instructor claimed he could land a PA38 ACROSS the extra wide threshold at Norwich....... I declined his kind offer of a demonstration!

SOHCAHTOA
12th Jul 2001, 02:32
Could'nt agree more about Kemble.
Been there a few times now, really friendly and helpful.
After springing an oil leak they found space in the hangar for the aircraft (even did the pushing and pulling for us)no charge for the hassle.
Couple of weeks ago I did not have enough cash to pay for my fuel and they do not take cards at the moment, no probs they said, just scribble your address on here and we will knock a bill out to you.
A real flying atmosphere and everybody seems to be welcome, from jets to those parachute thingies with a fan. Thoroughly recommend the place.