PDA

View Full Version : a good book

mickypitch
7th Jul 2001, 23:28
Just come back from a weeks relaxing hols in Ireland and took a book to read. Could not put it down and had me falling on the floor with laughter at times....
Its called propellerhead and although it is about flying a fixed wing microlight it had many parallels to my learning curve and early solo flying ups and downs!
Beg, steal, borrow or buy a copy for what must be the best aviation book printed recently by miles.
:rolleyes:

Genghis the Engineer
8th Jul 2001, 00:54
I agree completely, I'm in the middle of reading it at the moment.

G

Flyswift
8th Jul 2001, 18:19
Any ideas where I can get a copy?? :confused:

mickypitch
8th Jul 2001, 23:07
Any good high street book shop should sell it, I have loaned my copy to another pilot who I am sure will appreciate it and I will have to read it again when it come back!
I keep laughing thinking about it especially the bit about his mate who comes back from his qualifying cross country to convert his S.A. PPl to a UK one and infringes every bit of airspace possible, stays on the same frequency the whole flight and blissfully unaware of the chaos he causes in doing so.
you just have to read it, it is a modern classic!
Should be study materials in schools for English O level (well that may be going a bit far but its good) :D

Genghis the Engineer
8th Jul 2001, 23:16
"Propellerhead", by Antony Woodward, Harper Collins 2001.

ISBN 0 00 710728 5

I'm pretty sure I've seen in it my local bookshop, although I have to admit I borrowed the copy I've been reading and have to give it back.

G

skua
10th Jul 2001, 12:41
I have seen it in my local WH Smith. Must get around to buying it, but I have a stack of summer holiday flying reading to get through first!

Ace Rimmer
10th Jul 2001, 18:48
Yep have to say one of the two best books I've read in recent times, the other one not aviation related but really good all the same is "Four Iron in the soul"