PDA

View Full Version : Where to rent in Montreal?

Sir Stanley Bigh
4th Jul 2010, 18:40
I may get the chance to spend 6 months in Montreal from November. The company is offering around 2300 Canadian dollars per month towards the accomodation. Would like a modern 2 bed apartment in an area where there is some chance of a social life, i.e. bars, restaurants etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

plocsek
4th Jul 2010, 20:45
hello Sir,
i live outside Montreal but have been working downtown montreal before...so just give me a few days and ill do a search and try to find you the best place at the best price...take care.

ehwatezedoing
4th Jul 2010, 20:48
2300$ a month for accommodation in Montréal :eek:
No budget issues then.

You should Google best place to live in Montreal.
One of the result:
What is the best area of Montréal in which to live? (http://www.travelexpertguide.org/forum/Canada/What-is-the-best-area-of-Montr-al-in-which-to-live-387169.htm)

As most of them are saying, I would go for "The plateau Mont-Royal"

obgraham
4th Jul 2010, 21:47
Westmount Square

dash8pilotCanada
5th Jul 2010, 14:29
Hey Im from Montreal.. First things first. Where in Montreal will you be working and do you have a car? Good news is 2300 CAD will get you a
really nice apartment in Montreal.

BeechNut
10th Jul 2010, 01:30
With that kind of rent money, you can afford to be picky!

Outremont is very nice and posh. But the hippest part of town is the Plateau Mont-Royal. Lots of great places to eat and great scenery of the movable two-legged variety to watch. NDG is not bad but a bit far removed from metro lines, unless you're near Monkland Village which is pretty hip and mostly anglophone.

Get a cheap but solid bicycle, and teach yourself to bike around Montreal. Best way to get around. I park my car on the South Shore now when I go into the city for work, and ride the remaining 20 or so kilometers on my bike. Great fun, and faster than a car downtown, with no parking hassles.

grizzled
10th Jul 2010, 19:32
Montreal is truly one of the world's best cosmopolitan cities.

Just remember...
Rent: $2300
Food & Beverage: $1000
Bike: $500
Winter Clothes: Priceless