PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed: FI (R)

geordiejet
4th Jul 2010, 18:13
Hey. I have a bit of a dilemma and would like a bit of advice. To cut a long story short, I completed my FI(R) course just over two years ago and partialled on the test over in Florida.

At the time I was out of cash and had to come home. I had hoped to get right on to resitting my test back in the UK but a few personal obstacles got in my way (medical/money/family) and here I am two years on still not having resat my test.

I am now in a position where I can fly again and I want to get my FI rating as soon as I can as it has been on my mind for so long. So here's the question; can I still count the course and the hours I flew on the FI(R) training, or will I not be able to count those hours toward my FI? As it has been so long, would it be worthwhile completing the entire course again? I still have the course completion certificate and examiners report.

Any advice would be grately appreciated. I know there are few jobs out there - but I feel I really need to get this completed asap as it really gets me down knowing I was so close to finishing and still being without my rating :bored:

BillieBob
4th Jul 2010, 21:23
The course will still count, as will the hours, but Standards Document 10 states "Following a partial pass, ideally the same examiner will complete the re-test, Where this is not possible the case should be referred to the CFE who will appoint another examiner". Consequently, your first port of call should be the CFE, Pat Lander, at the Bournemouth Regional Test Centre - 01202 576621. Whatever the outcome, you will almost certainly need some refresher training (and the CFE may mandate a minimum amount) before attempting the FI Skill Test again. I suggest you have a word with Steve Marples if he's still active:

Aerotraining, Newcastle
Tel: 0191 388 5040
E-mail: [email protected]

He used to do FI training on a T67 some years ago.

mrmum
4th Jul 2010, 21:52
I think Steve Marples is still around but lost his medical a few years ago, I'm pretty sure Stuart Anderson tried to take over his approvals at Newcastle, but the CAA weren't having any of it.

The nearest one (if that's top of your list) is St George Flight Training who are at Newcastle now, but probably Durham for FI training. Then there's Andy Todd from Multiflight at Leeds and you don't hear much bad about Kevin Rowell who's at Sherburn.

Whopity
6th Jul 2010, 07:04
See your PMs

geordiejet
6th Jul 2010, 22:16
Hey guys - thanks for your replies. I appreciate your help.

:ok: