PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Airlines hiring First Officers

Skipping Classes
3rd Jul 2010, 21:24
Hello everyone.

THY was hiring foreign Captains for quite a while now, since May they also have vacancies for the First Officers.

Any idea how life is there for a European F/O in terms of living in Turkey and flying in the right seat with Turkish Captains?

The (initial) pay is ca EUR 3800,- and the roster is 5/2/6/1 :eek:

Only 18 days vacation increasing to 24 after five years with the company (and its a three years contract)

Any F/O considered joining/applied or has been to the selections and willing to share the experience (here or via PM)?

Many thanks in advance

SC

HurryUp&Retire
4th Jul 2010, 06:03
hiring europeans or do they take FAA guys?

Skipping Classes
4th Jul 2010, 09:04
Minimum Requirements – B737NG & A320 First Officers:

• Current B737NG or A320 series type rating endorsement
• English Speaker; ICAO Level 5 (or) 650 or more in TOEIC (or) 750 or more in
TOEFL (IBT) (or) 6 or more in IELTS
• JAA /ICAO/ FAA F-ATPL / ATPL
• Minimum of 1500 hours total time of which 1000 hours should be on aircraft types
27 tonnes or greater of which a minimum of 500 hours should be on type (B737NG
or A320 series)
• Aged between 25 – 45
• Must have a Non Criminal Record
• Must have Nil Accident – Incident Record
• Must have a University Degree
• Recency on type (B737NG or A320) within the last 12 months

burnable gomi
4th Jul 2010, 13:58
The (initial) pay is ca EUR 3800,- and the roster is 5/2/6/1

Unless that's 5off/2on/6off/1on they must be taking the piss! Anybody who takes this contract needs to be shot!

Aussie
4th Jul 2010, 14:06
Dont worry mate, theres a lineup of pilots thatll take those T&Cs!

stansdead
4th Jul 2010, 14:49
Aussie,

You're almost correct old son.

There is a line of FO's willing to accept that money.

There is an acute shortage of well qualified, experienced, SAFE and reliable Captains coming this way rapidly though. This will be highlighted rapidly by the recruitment going on in the Middle East.

Sadly, it's always been this way. FO's are "10 a penny", Captains are slightly different.

And this recession has highlighted this ever more so I'm afraid.

Life in the RHS is tough. Especially now.:{

Metro man
4th Jul 2010, 23:52
Must have a University Degree

How many potential applicants are going to be cut out by that ?

jidder
5th Jul 2010, 09:46
I have yet to see a reply posted by any First Officer who has passed the interview. I know a few very competant F/O who have had the interview and have not been offered the job. Even the Capts who were interviewed on the same day with lots of PIC were turned down.

Strange goings on I think :confused: What is it they are looking for as I'm off to the interview next month.

J:E

TOFFAIR
5th Jul 2010, 17:17
Instead of hiring academics, they should take someone who intervenes when AT wants to stall on final!

Duh
5th Jul 2010, 17:30
"Instead of hiring academics, they should take someone who intervenes when AT wants to stall on final!"

Oooooooh, that's going to leave a mark/hole/crater/indentation short of the runway.

Kinggeorge
5th Jul 2010, 19:59
Metro man, you only need a highschool degree...Im going there next week

upspeed
5th Jul 2010, 20:13
got the T&C's and FO briefing yesterday and it clearly states University Degree as min. Once you're going there without one maybe THY is
not so picky about this?!

Kinggeorge
5th Jul 2010, 20:30
Hmm strange. Got the first officer requirements from Wynnwith and it states minimum High School Diploma...

Duh
6th Jul 2010, 04:03
I heard a Yank telling someone that THY has the FO's take some type of 5 hour(yes 5 HOUR) exam in which you must keep a circle in the square or square in the circle. Some type of co-ordination exam. Anyone know what that is? Is there such thing.

Skipping Classes
6th Jul 2010, 11:01
Anybody has done the First Officer selection and can give us the details first hand?

In this forum or PM would be greatly appreciated.

SC

OXOGEKAS340
6th Jul 2010, 11:21
Yes, they are having a test like that, psychometric they call it, which has a duration of about 5 hours.
The next day there is an english test.
:\

Big Pistons Forever
7th Jul 2010, 01:34
The (initial) pay is ca EUR 3800,- and the roster is 5/2/6/1 :eek:

Only 18 days vacation increasing to 24 after five years with the company (and its a three years contract)

SC

If you actually flew that schedule you would almost certainly be doing over a 100 hrs a month. Doesn't Turkey have any maximum monthly/yearly flight hour restrictions ?

fight30
7th Jul 2010, 15:18
Does anybody know the screenings process?

crisp2
7th Jul 2010, 17:00
you only need a highschool degree...Im going there next week

I went there a few month back with Winwith for a captain position, delt with a lady called Alpa, pointed out to her I did not have 4000 hours above 27t, she said not to worry...I trusted she knew something I didn't...
Arrived in front of the interview panel, one of the first question asked was to clarify my number of hours above 27T! and then they showed me their printed requirements.
Interview process stopped right there, wasted 4 days away from home, and worse, it looked like I wanted to cheat my way in to THY!

It was not the first blunder from Wynwith, they also messed up flight booking twice!
First time, the lady cancelled the interview after asking me to change my days off realized the flight shedules did not work,
Second time she booked the flight on the wrong day, so I ended up interviewing with THY straight after a 12 hours overnight flight without any rest!
You should really double check on the requirements, and not trust what the agency tells you, unless you just want a free sightseeing trip (IST is a very nice place to visit)

Crisp2

OXOGEKAS340
7th Jul 2010, 17:47
First day, arrival in LTBA.
You go to the hotel (normally Radison Blu, by the airport, on short final 18),
which is paid by THY.
Next morning a small mini-van will pick you up, and after 10 minutes, you will arrive at a nice building, where HR is. You will stay 3 to 5 hours, waiting in the "harry and wait" room, till a nice lady asks you for your documents. Not all of them, but only License, Medical.
After waiting another 2 hours, and IF you are lucky, you will be picked up from this building, and will driven to thw SIM center, which is 15 to 20 minutes drive from there.
If not, you will go back to the hotel, and will be picked up, the next day, for the SIM center. Time depends upon rostering.
Sim is tricky, and they are looking for SOP'S primarily and CALL-OUTS.
For 737, study LTBA , and for 320-340, look carefully LTAC.
For Co-pilots, AFTER simulator, you will undergo a series of pshycotechnical tests, lasting approx. 5 hours. The next day, you will undergo a test in english , and finally, you will have the opportunity (if passed), to undergo an interview.
Commanders, after the simulator, they undergo an interview, straight-forward, with general questions, not technical ones.
If passed (both Cpts, Cpilots), they must spend one terrible day in the central police station, signing a bunch of papers, for their working permit.
You go home, and return after some days, to pass a medical test, through a
private hospital.
I don't know, if I answer to your question, but the primary you must have, is PATIENCE.
They work very-very-very-very-very slowly.
They are extremely polite, and willing to help.
Good luck!:ok:

hamd
7th Jul 2010, 21:34
wynnwith is accepting F/O's without fATPL, who are current on 320 !!!!.....will that be acceptable to THY???

alexm320
8th Jul 2010, 00:39
How many expats currently flying on THY? a good percentage? or they just opened the doors to them?

What are the impressions of the locals, specially the FOs?

Any upgrade policy?

Thanks for your replies!

jetfly
18th Jul 2010, 14:16
I'm scheduled for an interview with Turkish next week and now I'm trying to figure out their application form which they ask you to fill in prior.

Has anyone else had any problems with this one. I have stubbled a few times where I have absolutely no idea what information they are after.

For example: what would be the difference between "when you stated flying" and "when you started flying training"? (spelling as per application)

Also why would they be interested in my "last" OPC and "first" LPC? You would thing that the last LPC would be of more importance.

And finally, "Type of initial training" Are they referring to any type-rating in particular? And where would I find the "Name of the approved course"?

Any help or hint regarding this is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Skipping Classes
18th Jul 2010, 17:09
Hmm strange, I've filled in their application as well, but these do not ring a bell?

You sure you've got Turkish application and not some agency?

jetfly
18th Jul 2010, 17:21
hmm.... Now that you mention it The application header is joint by both Turkish airlines and Wynnwith.

Would be very strange if it is different from the "regular" Turkish one though.

Still scratching my head on these issues...

waffs
20th Jul 2010, 12:47
Hey does anyone know if they are that strict on the age limit for FOs?? I have all the requirements and 2,500 hours on the airbus but I'm only 23!!:rolleyes:

giangi
20th Jul 2010, 21:28
fly the plane of the daddy :E

flystar58
4th Aug 2010, 21:14
so did any FO actullay passed the interview???

Don K
5th Aug 2010, 00:08
I would like to know that as well, know several Captains that passed but not a single FO??

pezetaroi
12th Aug 2010, 14:03
I'll probably be attending a selection late August, any idea of where I can get LTAC charts to study?

cheers:ok:

jerry

captkirk3000
14th Aug 2010, 00:42
Has any first officers who are typed rated in the B737 been hired at Turkish Airlines?

brklyyn
16th Aug 2010, 11:16
Hey
You do not need to study the charts...
as you have to do a departure, 3T' vectors and land
then second departure, engine malfunction, and land.
NAV1/2 are tunes on ILS and VOR. and you will be flying raw data, so Rose mode please ;) and final app course is set. (instructor will set the MDA)
All manually flown, no FD (beside the first takeoff, then you remove it)
that's what happened to me.
and do yourself a favor, just do not complain :) do whatever you're told to do ;)

Hope this helped :)
Cheers

Vortex Thing
20th Aug 2010, 02:24
captkirk3000 Has any first officers who are typed rated in the B737 been hired at Turkish Airlines?

Yes but not very many! ( I personally know 3 FOs who are joining) I also know at least 12 who got turned down!!!

Lots and lots of Captains getting hired and not that many FOs. I know a few from my airline who have gone and I hope to join them. I'll tell you when I get back!!

As for levels of experience the guys from my airline who went were between 1500 and 4000hrs TT mostly >1500hrs B737 NG or EFIS all well established FOs who ended up at ARA due to redundancy. There seems little commonality or reason as to those who were selected as they all seem much of a muchness as most of us have flown with each other at some time or other and accepting that people will perform differently in interview the process itself whilst time consuming has not been billed as arduous.

To clear up the degree business. Crisp 2 stop talking rubbish a degree in some countries may be something that you get in high school but it is more than clear that what they are referring to is who we in Europe call University and what the US guys call college i.e where you go from 18-21/22 to get a Bachelors Degree. It was originally a requirement but much like other requirements i.e. JAA licence only it has now been sadly widened (cue the argument) Now you need to to have finished school. i.e gotten to 18yrs old in your countries equivalent.

They have however stipulated that if you have a degree you will get paid more than those who don't.

Re Capt Kirk's question I do not know any one form colleagues who did not have a type rating (either A320 or B737) who has gotten an interview but to be honest would be surprised if they needed to. There are a shed load of type rated pilots with 500hrs on type who are looking for work closer to home than Africa and or the Far East who either cannot, do not want to or haven't got the hours for Qatar, Etihad and MRats. I cannot imagine even needing 300 FOs and 300 Capts will force them to start paying for type ratings any time soon when they have a pretty large flight academy in house which is ramping up to produce those pilots who will replace the expats currently being hired in the long run. (Again rightly so)

Good luck to those from ARA who make it there :)

theflyinggreek
29th Aug 2010, 05:56
I just finished going through the process, it was interesting to say the least. You have to be really patient with them and the process.VERY Patient....

Sim in the 737 for us 777 guys, They didn't know what to do with me as I have been an FO from most of my career, being in a major carrier in North America.. I had to keep explaining that.. All they wanted to see was that you kept the alt and speed and could fly and talk at the same time and not get angry and flustered to easily. No briefing and no charts for the 737 sim. Airbus you get a full sim ride with briefing.

Interview was very basic and again they want to be sure you will fit in and not have an "attitude". There are some politics involved being a foreign pilot there.. Thats all..

Medical was standard, AiDS, venereal disease tests and normal blood work plus all the standard tests for an initial CATI. Oh yes... a written exam for all narrow body pilots. Its from the ACE book.

I also did a psychometrics test. That was fun and nerve wracking at the same time. I guess I passed everything but they didn't know what to do with such a high time FO. I was offered the position with an upgrade very quickly.

Yes, most Turkish FO's are extremely low in total time but do work hard and try to get along. THey are apprehensive because of the way they have been treated by some capt's. Thats understandable, a starting FO on the B737 has 300 hours..

Lets see what happens next!

alkor
30th Aug 2010, 07:30
Hi,

Where is the online application?

Thanks,

Cheers,
A

gunka
31st Aug 2010, 10:06
Theflyinggreek, could you tell me what they consider a high hour F/O for quick upgrades?

theflyinggreek
31st Aug 2010, 10:59
You need to apply through an agency like Paramount, they are great! Some guys used Sigma and Parc.

I have over 11,000 hours TT. Most of their local FO's are in the 360 hours Total time to 2000 hours. From what I have seen, some foreign FO's Have around 5000 hours.

My case was unique. I was told I was the only FO to be hired on the B777.

Cheers,

gerrytexas
31st Aug 2010, 13:39
Hi,

you wrote there are some agencies, like Paramount, for application.
Do you have a link to contact them?!

Thank you

Gerry

alkor
31st Aug 2010, 14:31
just google it...

cheers,
a

Faust
4th Sep 2010, 17:53
Hi everyone,

For anyone interested in the Turkish Airlines flight crew positions through Parc, Sigmar etc. please read on… I hope this is of some use to you. (Please note this info is of most use to Boeing crew as there are some things (other types / Capt’s) that I’m not 100% sure on.

1. The agency:
Now depending on which agency you go through, they’ll all tell you something slightly different (T&C’s, application info, procedures etc.) Initially let the agency know of your interest and which type/rank you are going for etc. accompanied with your CV. They should come back to you with a request for further info (licence, logbook, medical cert. scans etc.) and the ‘wonderful’ THY application form. After filling this in and sending it back; some time will pass (shouldn’t be more than a week or so), then several emails/phone calls later, provided you meet the minimum requirements, you’ll be invited to interview!

2. Travel:
The agency will let you know that you have been invited to interview within about 1 week before the interview date… So prepare!... About 2-3 days before the date, they’ll come back to you with the full travel itinerary (E-ticket, hotel reservation number etc.) They should also tell you what documents to bring, but here is a list of just some of the items they may ask for:
Logbook
Licence
Medical Certificate
MCC Certificate
RT Licence
Passport
Letters of proof of hours (unless your logbook is stamped & signed previously)
Degree certificate (if you have one, if not I think a high school diploma is fine)
Approx. 20 standard passport sized photos (Yes 20!!! They seem to collect them)*
*If you need some over there say: “Vee-See-Ka-Luk Foto-Raf Check-Ter-Mek Is-Tee-Yo-Room”*
Now, I was prudent and made photocopies of all of the above (not the photos) to speed up the process (they’ll love you for that!). Eventually you will also need to bring the CRC (criminal record check) & No accident/incident report from your respective country, but this is not necessary straight away.

3. Selection process:
Ok, here we go!
Stage 1…. You should have a message for you at the hotel of their choice, informing you of the collection time in the morning. Now throughout this whole process, I must stress PATIENCE!!! In the morning, they will NOT be there at the specified time (this is due to a combination of “lack of organisation” & “TRAFFIC”) Trust me however, they will be there to collect you at some point, it may even take a few hours, but they will be there. The first day will comprise of firstly the documentation check and possibly the sim but I’ll come onto that. In the documentation check you will be waiting in the designated room on the 4th (Dert in Turkish) floor for some time again. They will eventually come to take photos off of you, documents, and copies if you have them and will kindly ask you to fill in what seems to be the full THY application form again! :S They will then drag each of you to a small room filled with 3 HR people all flicking through your details and app form. One or two of them will ask about your flying details to date and career history (this isn’t really an interview, it’s just to make sure that your not lying ;)) It lasts for about 5 – 10 mins and is the easiest part of the process.

Stage 2…. The sim will either happen on the same day as stage 1 or the next morning if they are busy, or in my case on the same day at 5pm after being in their poorly air conditioned waiting room with little access to water for 8 hrs!!! I can only tell you what happened to me on this bit as I flew the 737 sim and not the Airbus. On arrival, the TRE’s were about to pack up for the day. They questioned why the HR dept. had sent me to the sim building and then found a TRE to take my sim session. They dragged me to the sim which was the 737-400 with no briefing or charts! then grabbed a poor Turkish First Officer to sit in the other seat. Now at this point they tried to sit me in the left hand seat thinking I was a Capt. I proceeded to explain that I wasn’t and had never flown the classic either! The TRE went ‘Oh well!’ and I sat in the right seat. They may ask a couple of tech questions such as the distance between the runway edge lights and what happens if the ‘Speed Trim’ fails. After this they will simply ask you to take off from whichever runway you’re on, from whichever airport you’re at! In my case, the vis. was approx. 1000m and they failed an engine after V1 straight away (forget whatever profiles you’ve been given by your agency, it probably won’t happen!) The Turkish F/O (pretending to be the Capt.) misdiagnosed the fault as a ‘failure’ not a ‘severe damage’ even though there was a bang, then as soon as the gear was up he proceeded to do the EF-SD&S non-normal checklist recalls without instruction! Then if my heart wasn’t already leaping out of my chest, I had a “terrain, terrain!!!” GPWS warning. The instructor made the mountain miraculously disappear and then I was trimming the aircraft to fly one engine (which by the way, is nearly impossible as the rudder trim dial trims the opposite way to which it’s turned!). After fixing that problem, I noticed the altimeter flicks +-200ft and your expected to do your best to fly straight and level. This truly is a test of flying the aircraft, first and foremost! You can almost forget SOPs and checklists and don’t even bother with RT, you’ll be far to busy keeping it in the air. Put it this way, the sim is screwed! there are many other small faults with the 400 sim which would take forever to go into. They eventually vector you around for a raw data ILS (the Capt. will set up all aids etc.) and the vectoring will cut you in too close and high. When I made visual I had 4 whites! The instinct is to go-around, however the TRE will instruct you otherwise (disobeying this has cost many an experienced candidate the position). So I landed this one-engined, high, fast, piece of crap sim with a 25kt x-wind right on the numbers (I even had a Sink Rate!, Sink Rate! To boot) but this was ok too :eek:. On landing there were no other faults and that was it. I thought holy crap!!!! I need this job and that session was awful. They sent me back to the hotel and told me to come to the office tomorrow. I had no idea what was coming next, so I started to pack.

Stage 3…. The next afternoon, I arrived at the office (by taxi after waiting for the transport for 2 hours then giving up) only to find out that that was a mistake and I apparently should’ve waited 2 ½ hrs! They then told me that I didn’t need to come in that day and that (drum roll please!) I had passed the sim!!. I couldn’t believe it. They then said that I didn’t have to do the 30 question ATPL exam either as this was for captains only. I almost had tears of joy, but this was cut short by the news that I had to come in tomorrow to go to the psychometric training building in Nişantaşe (Ni-Shant-Ashay) to do 5 hours of aptitude tests and personality questions. Now folks, this believe it or not is where 90% of F/O’s fall down… I can’t really help you here, suffice to say that there’s some very basic mental arithmetic questions coupled with some other multitasking activities all on computer. i.e. answer 9 x 7 whilst solving a logic puzzle and pressing some coloured buttons. There’s also a 120 question personality questionnaire (as always with these, be truthful). Captains may breathe a sigh of relief at this point, as they don’t have to do these tests. First Officers, you may be wishing you could do that ATPL exam at this point after all… Yes the tests are mentally draining but not too difficult, just relax breathe and take your time …. Well, no too long!

Stage 4…. The interview should happen the day after the aptitude tests and believe me I really got myself worked up before I went in there as I knew this was the final stage. However, here’s what really happens. Back on the 4th floor again in the main office, I was sat for hours whilst one by one we were taken into the interview room. The agencies/THY would have you believe that you’ll be facing a panel of nine people of the highest authority within THY (hell! Maybe even Gazi himself). This is complete bulls**t however; first, they already know the sim, aptitude scores/ATPL results, and have all your records; second, there are only 4 of them in the room and not one of them was the founding father of the Turkish republic. Instead, you will face 3 HR reps and one senior captain. The captain will ask you about your flight training (how you first started etc.), your career to date and maybe hobbies & past-times etc. whilst flicking through your records. Then the second HR rep will ask you about your home life and family etc. Then, he will ask your intentions if successful. You must be eager and forthcoming in your answer that you fully intend to move to Istanbul, you love the city and the culture and that (if you have family) you want to move them out there. They’ll love that answer, and to be honest it’s what they want to hear from everyone. Not one tech question is asked and nor was it from the other candidates I questioned afterwards.

Now put it this way, the interviews whether you’re successful or not, only last for approx. 10 mins. If you walk out of there with a letter in your hand you have not passed. They will have of course told you basically the reasons why in the interview and the letter will say ‘Thanks…. but no thanks’. If you, like myself come out of there with no letter and a ‘thank you very much. Please wait in the room again..’, then you will still be slightly confused as to what just happened and be forced to wait another 30 mins. After this time the room will contain only the remaining successful candidates (in my case, myself and one other captain out of originally 15 applicants), who are then presented with a different letter stating that we were successful and then told we had to go to the police station the next day for our residence permit applications.

This process can take over three hours and is simply a waiting game. But at least you can rest at ease knowing that you are in the company at this point. The truth is that currently around 80% of F/O’s are unsuccessful at selection and 60% of captains respectively. I hope this info will be of use to some of you interested in this position and look forward to hopefully meeting you soon… in the big THY family!

By the way keep all of your taxi receipts whilst you’re over here to hand in to THY head office (4th floor), as they will reimburse you.

Safe flying,

FAUST

captkirk3000
6th Sep 2010, 13:54
WOW!!
Thanks for all the helpful information. I have been contacted twice by WASINC recruiting for a B737 F/O Position with Turkish Air. I have over 3100+ hours and just the B737 type rating. I was told for now they want people with time and type but, due to the hectic and crazy interviews they have been having soon they may just want quailty time.
What do you suggest I do, should I push to get at least 300 hour in type and apply or just pursue it until they say something to me?

Faust
6th Sep 2010, 15:28
Hmmm, not sure on that one. From what I've gathered of the selection process so far, they are very adamant on the minimum requirements set at the time. I’ve seen captains and first officers alike from all over the world whom have reached the document check (stage 1) and been sent home the next day; all because they don’t have the time or a degree for example (although that one has been scrapped), or perhaps they haven’t flown for one day more than the maximum 12 months allowable (seriously!!!). So please check the current minimum requirements (I must admit I am not too familiar) and check to see whether they:
1. require you to have a current type rating and have flown the aircraft (live) within the last XX months;
2. have a minimum of XX hours flying the aircraft.

I’m pretty sure that even at this stage (and believe me they are desperate for pilots) that they will not drop one hour nor one day below their requirements. If you have the rating then I would only suggest getting some more time (if possible) on type if that’s what you need. Although the selection process may seem manic, believe me it is an “organised chaos”; they do actually know what they’re doing, but they may not always keep you in the loop. It’s only like this at first, but I would mention that once you are on the line I’ve heard of no complaints and everything is pretty much ‘smooth sailing’, so it’s worth it in the end. I hope this is of some use and good luck to you!

Safe flying,

FAUST

captkirk3000
7th Sep 2010, 03:24
Thanx i appreciate it!
Am going to hold off on pursuing a job with them...things are slowly turning around in the US. Although I always wanted to fly in Europe and live abroad...best of luck and keep in touch...let me know how things are working out for you over there!

safe flying!

captplaystation
7th Sep 2010, 14:46
You think Turkish Airlines are in Europe, Hmnn :hmm:, best talk to a few people who have worked for Turkish companies about that :ooh:

R20c
8th Sep 2010, 04:46
Lots of info here about 737 Fo positions.. anyone with any info regarding A320 interview and sim ride?
Can anyone confirm pay EUR 3800, is this basic or total and is the roster really 5/2/6/1?

PM if prefere

Thanks

JuliettKiloKilo
8th Sep 2010, 09:15
R20c I hope this helps you,

Below is an overview of the terms and conditions now offered by Turkish Airlines:
- 3 year contract duration
- Base of Operations, Istanbul, Turkey
- **Accommodation provided for the first 45 days on contract (including local transportation)
- ***TL8, 785.82monthly basic salary
- ***Quarterly bonus of TL5, 039(payable in March / July / September / December)
- Additional seniority payment of TL971 per month (dependant on educational qualification)
- Overtime rate of TL110.94per hour for every hour flown in excess of 70 block hours per month
- Daily travel allowance whilst on duty (specific to locations flown)
- 20 days annual leave per year on assignment

Accommodation and Local Transportation is the responsibility of the First Officer when on assignment with Turkish Airlines, however for the first 45 days of the assignment Turkish Airlines will provide the First Officer with Hotel and Local Transportation
First Officers will be paid a training salary during line training and paperwork approval equivalent to TL3, 115.27 + TL971.00 seniority payment (as above) + Quarterly bonus TL2, 327.00, therefore a monthly average of TL4, 861.93

The Sim at the bus is basically in LTAC, ILS raw data, LVP , circling n-1 and so on.

No idea of the roster, would appreciate if someone helps. :O

Cheers

paokara
10th Sep 2010, 21:47
send me an email, lets talk about the Job

niss
11th Sep 2010, 05:42
You will have your 8 days off, but spread out through the schedule.
It is possible to bid (biddingsystem) days off, sometimes up to 4 days off in a row.

gocicigo
16th Feb 2011, 23:08
Any info about upgrade policy?
To be more exact, B737 fleet, for expats?
Thks

aozc
20th Feb 2011, 21:21
Does anyone know how to apply without going through the agencies?, I'm a turkish national and would like to get in touch with the HR-dep somehow.

Damianik
20th Feb 2011, 23:19
I see no point in avoiding the agencies, that will only save money to Turkish Airlines but create problems from you that will not get any help in burocracy...and more over, i think HR is busy cannot deal with u, so go trough agency, anyways the contract of work is with THY directly after u pass.

D

B737NG
21st Feb 2011, 07:26
It may look crowded and unorganised when you sit there and wait in the 4th Floor but at the end all comes together and works out nice. I applied thru HR directly and I had regular contact then.

I was with Agent´s the last 14 Years in various companies, the only aid you got was that they have theire commission as quick as possible with the least effort... for all other things you where batteling on your own. So whenever possible then go direct.

Some Airlines use only Agents to select ExPat Pilots, then you have no choice.

Fly safe and land Happy

NG

goalex
21st Feb 2011, 22:36
B737NG,

I would ask you to give me HR mail.

Thank you very much

niss
22nd Feb 2011, 05:59
No upgrade policy.
Many local are waiting

Alltheway
16th Oct 2011, 11:40
Dear Colleagues,

Searched every possible post and THY website for HR email.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Safe flights.

aircase
30th Oct 2011, 18:32
In the last month THY has started to inform expats that their contracts won't be extended. Both copilots and captains short- and long haul alike. That goes by an unsigned email. When asking questions, the chief pilot, schedulers or expat department: nobody gives answers. All pointing at each other and in the end at the company?
As expat you are a number and you are used as such to fill the holes they cannot cover with a Turk.They keep separate seniority lists so any expat is never up for promotion. They read the contracts and rules and regulations as they wish. When it is not to their liking the answer is: it is translated wrong. In the office you will not find a proper English speaking person. If they break their own scheduling rules they force you to follow orders by threatening that they will not pay your salary. Turks don't dare to speak up, too afraid to loose their job. Short haul monthly schedules are gruelling. As a captain, the local cockpit and cabin crews are relaxed to fly with, but the company culture of hierarchy, ego's, arrogance and "expat phobia" are making this airline very unreliable and unpleasant to work for!

B737NG
3rd Nov 2011, 14:05
Yes and the cancellation of VISA-Work permitt on departure into your off days helps to fuel that fire. The house is burning and noboday knows how to fight the fire.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

3rd Nov 2011, 16:43
the local cockpit and cabin crews are relaxed to fly with, but the company culture of hierarchy, ego's, arrogance and "expat phobia" are making this airline very unreliable and unpleasant to work for!

This is true for all Turkish companies! :yuk:

Avenger
3rd Nov 2011, 18:25
Yes and the cancellation of VISA-Work permitt on departure into your off days helps to fuel that fire. The house is burning and noboday knows how to fight the fire.

What on earth are you talking about? The resident pemit and work permits once cancelled by the State are cancelled full stop, you cannot turn them On and Off according to leave days...please shed some light on this " Rumour"

If the permits expire you have to go to the central police sation and apply for another one, nothing to do with THY

B737NG
6th Nov 2011, 08:14
There where several cases recently where Pilots did either did not get the Visa renewed, or cancelled, as they had not used the Visa for more then 30 days on reasons beyond theire control.

For example, one Chap had his Visa in the renwal process, Central Police Station visit was done and he went home for time off. After a while he got a message from THY his Visa is ready and can be picked up. After he went back to obtain it they told him that it expired again because it was more then 30 days "idle". Another Chap did not get the renewal because between issuance of the Workpermitt and the actual starting date was the 90 days notice period from the previous employer. So he has been told to go home and Stby there (without pay) and wait until the issue is solved. Took in a case of another Guy from earlier this year about 6 Month.

THY putt´s the blame onto the Government, the Office people just take it for granted and take it from the Authority as it comes. There is where you are all of a sudden on your own when it comes to support from them.

None of those tried to turn the Visa or Work Permitt on or off like the leave, they tried to stay there despite the devaluation of the currency and the lesser travel benefits after one year. Some of them havent seen the family for more then 4 days a month, especially A320 / B737 Pilots.

Unfortunatly the concerns are there and that now most of the F/O´s did not got the extensions as earlier indicated shows that the warnings where meant well and to have a backup job within short time was a wise step.

Also some Captains got either the letter of ending the service or just no extensions with the tool of work permitt. That the moral shiftet downwards is just a natural consequence and the good spirit from later 2010 did not survive, sadly.

Avenger
7th Nov 2011, 12:00
I don't think this is entirely correct.. the resident visa and work visa are issued and have an expiry date, the DGCA validation is only valid until the most restrictive item, licence, work permit, or resident visa.
When we go through the airport for any International flight we show our resident visa, which has the work permit date endorsed on it.
If these guys did not use it for 30 days, no-one will no, but more importantly, it means they did not fly any international flights for 30 days, which is not possible..
The resident visa is collected the same day at the Central Police Station, in person, so it can only be the " work permission" that the Company did not apply for..
The guy that was on 90 days notice was technically still working fro his previous employer, so that would mean his new " start date" would be after the end of the 90 days.
However, having said all this, the majority of non-Turkish FOs will not get extensions to the contracts, but Capatins they are happy to keep... the good ones that is..of course it takes a while to sort out the "dodgy" Captains ..
Iyi Ucuslar!

airbuspilots
9th Jan 2012, 06:44
Simply...don't go there, there are far better opportunities in the Middle and Far East, if captains are leaving in their droves what hope do you think you'll have working as an F/O where Turkish Captains are without any doubt the best pilots in the world! Look elsewhere, no matter how desperate you might be, leave this airline well alone!

feeso
4th Jul 2012, 15:03
Hi guys,

is there anyone who is attending or recently attended the Turkish Airline Interview.

Please I need some feedback as I am going for it in one week..

many thanks in advance.

feeso
4th Jul 2012, 15:30
Thank you so much for your time and effort explaining the whole process of Turkish interview..

I have an interview coming soon and I was wondering if they still do the same thing or is it different now.. please if you have any info. about that let me know.. i would really appreciate it ..

Pin Head
4th Jul 2012, 16:08
whats the pay?

OPEN DES
5th Jul 2012, 17:43
A question for the ones in the know. Do they insist on age 30 as a minimum for their capts? I meet all requirements except for my age.
Kind regards

rbaiapinto
6th Jul 2012, 10:15
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

WTF....

I haven't been selected in many companies due to my age. Always told I was too old and now you don't have enough age :eek::eek::eek:

What world is this one where we live. :uhoh: