PDA

View Full Version : QR Flt Ops 'Management' - The Laughter Factory

ainkhaled
3rd Jul 2010, 10:12
This is a long overdue round up of the talentless clowns that govern our lives in good old QR Fright Ops...
Lets face it you couldn’t assemble a more unworthy, bunch of clowns to run a safety critical activity that is the flight ops dept of a so called world class airline.

Start at the top and you have our beloved EVPO, a worthless and spineless individual that will stop at nothing to cling onto his position since he harbours an ill-concealed ambition to be the next QR CEO. Every'buddys' friend to your face and drops you right in it behind your back. Needs to stay on his toes since his allies are slowly being assassinated and his enemies are hot on his heels.
Worst of all is that he has to suffer regular ignominy in the form of CEO sponsored visits from Capt J Misfit (aka Angel of Death), the retired ex UK CAA buffoon who will regale you about his son’s career in the Royal Navy, or his yacht, or how the CEO holds QR 001 for him when he is rushing back to London after another farcical ‘investigation’.

Then you have that specious creep CPF that comes from the 'Kingdom' next door. A complete backstabbing plagiarist that copies and pastes others work and passes it off as his own. He even has the gall to put his own copyright symbol at the bottom of his documents. (Rumour has it that he is very very friendly with the person in charge of the QR medical centre - a self-appointed expert in aeromedicine and ULR with no real background or experience of the field). You have to watch the CPF very carefully and don't be fooled by him handing you sweets - they'll be laced with poison:yuk:.

The CPT of course is another obnoxious creep that got his position by backstabbing and sucking up to the 9th floor. Rumour has it that the 9th floor is extremely unhappy as there is so far nothing to show for his tenure. In the meantime he continues to backstab in the vain hope that one day he will have the top job. A big kid trying to do a very grown up job.

Another big kid to whom we can now say farewell is the oily and talentless squeaky voiced clot that masqueraded and a well informed and powerful ally to the CEO. He certainly kissed enough CEO posterior to be given the role but alas he overcooked it. Drunk on his own power and self importance he made enemies very very rapidly, particularly the CP B777. The 777 honcho is something of a guest artist in the corridor of power and is very much the court jester. Be very careful though for if you underestimate him you are in for a big surprise since he is very powerful and well connected (a nephew of the QCAA Chairman). Alas RN chose the wrong guy to tangle with and he was soon found wanting and got himself fired for impropriety with the recruitment process – namely hiring too many of his Brit friends.

The most obnoxious of the lot is the blimp in a dish-dash that resides on Al Jabor compound and mismanages the Airbus fleet. Known as ‘Black Magic’ to his friends due to his liking of that voodoo esque practice. This individual is the most two faced and utterly corrupt of the lot. Responsible for the ‘three day-off’ roster rule because he hates for any pilot to have a life outside DOH. A concerted informant to the CEO the EVP has much to worry about this guy. If you live on Al Jabor be very careful with your children as he or his wife are likely to run them over by their excessive speeding whilst driving on or off the compound. Should your child have a near miss with his car he will surely jump out and give your child a full and public dressing down and then lobby to the company that all compound children must remain locked inside their villas without being able to play in the street – except of course, his children. BM cut his teeth as deputy to SS and between them and the previously fired RP (ex rostering) they ran a corruption ring where friends on the 330 got nice rosters and enemies were shafted. Oh and allegedly money changed hands too for nice rosters. This is why BM is an arch enemy of the new Jepp rostering system as it undermines his efforts to have complete control of the pilots rosters. However he now has a work around since in addition to the 3 day rule he has his informants making sure only certain folk get their days off requests etc. If you are not one of the favoured few you will have you computer generated requests removed manually before publication. If you complain you will be told that the MCR is responsible.

We must not overlook the lovely but completely hapless A320 honcho. An all round nice guy but utterly useless as a manager. Spends most of his time sleeping.

Last but not least (for this instalment) is KC the pasty faced empire builder that has basically ‘gone native’ and is to all intents and purposes a local in a shirt and tie. A graduate of the RAF ‘boys in blue’ mob this chap has a curious tick in one eye that becomes more pronounced when he is asked a difficult question. His empire grows and grows now that he arranged the assassination of the SM training centre so not only is he responsible for the TRTO but also for the facilities used to deliver it ie the sim centre itself - a sure conflict of interest. The reality is that this guy is a survivor and remains in power by his acute sense of where the power base lies and allying himself appropriately. The CEO is not a fan but tolerates him. Don’t be fooled by his QCAR/FCL quoting nonsense. It’s a smokescreen. The guy would be unemployable in any other airline.

Definitely time to move on. :}

noise of freedom
3rd Jul 2010, 14:16
All sadly true....

the best is get the fuc...out of here very soon,let's see not who but what is goin to fly the aircrafts they ordered.
The marketplace is moving again and Qatar Airways will not be able to grow if the good ones move away.
Everybody knows that Qatar is not a happy place!

NOF:ugh::ugh::ugh:

AirbusMaster
3rd Jul 2010, 16:13
Any news about a surprise management change in QA flt ops?
CPF, CP777 and CP330 seem to be out of office and new replacement will be announced soon including a CP787.

Captain Partzee
3rd Jul 2010, 16:37
"CPF, CP777 and CP330 seem to be out of office and new replacement will be announced soon"
Again! :eek:

CDRW
4th Jul 2010, 01:44
Gosh - sounds like GF management 10 years ago!

THR MCT
4th Jul 2010, 07:20
Thank u AIN KHALED:ok::ok::ok:

One of the great post I have read so far about the situation in Qr Sadly true.
IMO the CEO should give them a Sticker on their office door " Do Not Disturb Long Naps in Progress":}

With the Oscar and a palm for BAD in all categories respectively to A320F line and training, the recruit Dpt destroyed hope in this fleet and this dudes are simply witnesses to the demolition.

I have two friend on the A320 fleet totaly depressed and distroyed the poor guys, 2-1/2 years in the sand pit with no chance to get out guantanamo bay.

As a matter of fact any new recruit should be put on the challenger or global express regardless of previous experience and climb the ladder like everybody else did that's the policy of any major company no need for rocket science to do that just apply seniority by staff number and here you go:D

fly high and fast

ainkhaled
4th Jul 2010, 12:19
The sad part is that they are all, almost to a man, ex GF. EVPO, CPF, CP B777, A330/340, CP A320. None of them have prior management experience or training. What they do have in abundance is the ability to lie and backstab, claim credit for work they did not do and to denigrate the efforts of other hard working individuals that do actually perform well. Alas folk in this category are rare and are seen as a threat so are fair game for the mafia to play their dirty tricks on.

Laughably the HR dept did try to send the EVPO on a management training course at the Cranfield Institute of Technolgy in the UK. He cancelled his attendance at the last minute when he realised that it would be two weeks of very hard work, remote from London so he would not be able to go out boozing and chasing women each night.

Unbelievably the CEO later decided that EVP should not attend and told HR to send the CPT instead! At that time the CPT was outside the management fold but spent his spare time telling lies direct to 9th floor and generally ingratiating himself.

The CEO wanted him to go to Cranfield as a reward. Alas the poor chap could not even fill in the application form since he didn't understand what was required and he was too inexperienced. In the end he didn't go

What to do. There is nothing that can be done to break the whole ridiculous cycle. Time to go.

flapless
5th Jul 2010, 13:19
Or you could now be in for the opportunity of a lifetime and apply for any of the recent job openings.......

Anyway I hope you guys are getting a proper sensible management team this time around.

viewpoint
5th Jul 2010, 15:06
Time to apply to the posts ? :=

The only way to survive in QR , It's fly, shut your mouth , close your ears, and cash you pay check at the end of the month.
Don't be sensitive or sentimental .

airwjo
6th Jul 2010, 08:22
ainkhaled

all you said, it's sad but true.

everything getting worse and more complicated here, while this airline could be really doing much much better.

and to you viewpoint - i agree with you, but there is a point, where it is enough, and they r going to touch it soon (at least in my case).

too much corruption, mafia and mismanagement is going on.

what to do:}

noise of freedom
6th Jul 2010, 09:55
unfortunately is all true,

it is getting worse and worse.

the contract,the pay,the accomodation,the place,the general sad and depressed atmosphere...no one is happy here is a matter of fact and on top of that....

MAXIMUM 3 DAYS IN A ROW TO BETTER ENJOY DOHA!!!

It is too much...fortunately lot's of jobs are opening up.

NOF
PS my question is when they will start treating people normally and not like animals???:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

loc22550
6th Jul 2010, 11:53
Noise of freedom...MAx 3 days off in a row only for flight deck crew.
Cabin crew can have 4..5 ..6 days off in a row (i saw it...and i'm talking about days off.. not leave..!).
Oooh..sorry.. again i forgot i guess it's something totally normal here..and we shouldn't complain or rise any concerns...:ugh:

airwjo
7th Jul 2010, 06:53
never noise of freedom, never, thats the mentality here
look at the whole country, pretending to be a 1st world country - far far away:mad:

as long as the mafia is in rostering, tower and so on, nothing will change

and again, why should they? they get plenty of new joiners

enjoy the 5 star doha:ok:

one more thing: jeppesen interbids ambassadors are here again - what a joke - they do anyway, what they want, and not what the multi million dollar system is generating

noise of freedom
7th Jul 2010, 08:22
I noticed that too....cabin crew no limit on dasy off.

But I would like to have your opinion,gents on one aspect:
any crisis/recovery has a certain inertia so off course QR still has lots of applications ready,but are we sure that all this people will come here with EK,EY and all Asia hiring???

I don't think so...I believe and hope that things will have to change here otherwise all the good pilots will just leave.

:=:=:=

NOF

loc22550
8th Jul 2010, 08:13
There is one little think that have changed and i noticed a few days ago..
Did you noticed that for the First Time in QR, the picture of AAB has been "removed" from the introduction page of our "in Flight magazine" and replaced by the Foreign minister's picture...hmmm interesting...

QR UNITED 2009
8th Jul 2010, 12:25
The way Mr. AAB spoil reputation of Qatari people i would expect they deport him to the moon or orbit to use as communication satelite for QTEL .

:D

OOOOO what we will do with 3000 memos he has issued ?
What about all the lickers around him ? will they just change the flag ?

Fubaliera
8th Jul 2010, 12:49
I saw the same thing on the magazine, then i realized emirates does the same, they put the chaiman and not the Tim Clark on the front page.

Ronaldo 330
8th Jul 2010, 13:10
Emirates do so for years .

In QR it is first time now happen . And Emirates does not have sick person holding position of CEO while QR has one .

AAB is having problems and only few people know reall story .

AAB had vertical path and he went very high ,when he fall he will hit the surface hard and ones on ground there will be a huge number of people lined up in queues to get a chance for pay back .

Let us see the free fall of DICTATOR

noise of freedom
8th Jul 2010, 17:28
The situation in Qatar Airways is reaching a very critical point....

there's NO ONE HAPPY PERSON here,everybody is frustrated and almost depressed.
AAB is a little sick dictator....

we all know sooner or later how dictators end up!!!

NOF
Keep the faith...:ok::ok::ok::ok:

QR UNITED 2009
8th Jul 2010, 23:06
They say: " if there is smoke there is fire "

AAB has internal and external enemies , when you hurt so many people all over globe they make sure you get it one day .

We have more waiting for punishment :

BM , SD , KC , NS ...............

flykamel
10th Jul 2010, 21:28
Hello all

Over 100 Cvs was sent to Etihad from Qatar with love in 10 day from the 320 fleet!! Why is that??

The guys on the 320 are having the time of the life! I don't get it :confused:

shneidertrophy
10th Jul 2010, 22:18
damn, so I am not the only one????

:ok:

loc22550
11th Jul 2010, 09:25
Why that..?

-Look the difference in term of Salary..for the long term: huge!
(lets not forget that unlike the Cheap Qatar Airways ,in EY the Annual increase is NOT limited in time...!)So just imagine the difference after a long term career!

-look the difference in term of School Allowance!

-AUh is probably a better place to live compared to Doha.

-Consideration wise, don't think EY is worse than QR.

So if you are a young pilot with family&kids looking for a long term career in the gulf, you really have nothing to loose by moving from QR to EY....

SMD45
11th Jul 2010, 10:04
I wouldnt say the difference is huge.. look at the figures.

Flight pay is twice that at EY.

Loc.... you seriously dont stop moaning. Im sure im probably one of the very few people who hasnt chosen to ignore you.

Go on.. say something nice about Qatar........ I dare you!

flykamel
11th Jul 2010, 11:19
Guys it went up over 200. WOW and the recruitment in Etihad said they'll proses every one of them and who ever is qualified will be taken. :D
This is a Serious issue but why this amout of Pilot in the 320want to leave Q A for a much worst environment in the EY (320) I mean?? :ugh:

ramiyns
11th Jul 2010, 12:12
I agree with you 100% about lock22550.

To start with ,look at his nikname he is locked in the mail box of Qatar airways and forever.Do you know why?Because two and a half year ago he was saying that he booked his position with Etihad,Yet he's stil here.He failed his interview.And I dare him if he steps one foot outside QA he will be jobless the rest of his life.
So he must very thankfull for Qatar Airways for giving his job and a salary to feed his family,Instead he is complaining for more than 6 years and over 950 posts on this fourm 90%of it complaining and advising not to join QA.
This guy so miserable here, My advice to loc2250, get over it.

Good bless him

loc22550
11th Jul 2010, 14:03
But At least i'm not inventing B.S. story like you Ramyins: since when did i fail EY interview..!?Ridiculous.No further comment..

SMD45: Apparently you haven't done that much maths in your live...
(look at the Big picture!).Useless to argue.

Are we still allowed to come here to discuss and raise true fact without being treat immediatly of miserable and grouser by people who actually barely come here to give any positive and useful input.

SMD45
11th Jul 2010, 15:56
Go compare your take home with someone in Etihad AFTER they have paid for all their bills....

Come back when YOU have done the maths.

flykamel
11th Jul 2010, 17:39
Rippa

Honestly how do feel about the city and the company sense you were here before. Is it worth it to make that move?

loc22550
11th Jul 2010, 18:14
Rippa Does your annual increase stopped after 5 years of seniority in your respective grade like in Qr...?just curious..:hmm:

sandpitwantabe
13th Jul 2010, 18:25
Well I have read your posts and I agree with most of them, however I would like to remind you all why we are here:

Well in 2008 the **** hit the fan, recruitment stopped in most places and airlines went to the wall. A large number of you in Europe found yourselves with a P45 and no income with debts to pay off etc. I was one of them and took the first option of flying to the ME for a better life. I must admit I only could see the positives about working for QR and did not do my home work. What I was blind to was the way of life here with spys reporting to AAB, and I expect giving him other :mad: as well ! working in the tower I soon learned to shut my mouth and take the pay.

Pilots however want to take the pay and rant off, well if you cant stand the heat get out, I am not defending AAB but he has grown the airline from nothing to a world class business, he works all hours and micro manages everything. All I will say is that the only way to change things in QR is to change AAB and god knows many have tried and failed. AAB is fed lies by those who we threaten, or whom we appear to threaten. AAB must let go of some of his control one day and when NDIA opens I feel this will be the first step.

My advice is to take the cash, when another job comes along then take it, when the glorious day comes and QR is realy short of staff then they might want to take notice of us who were there.

QR UNITED 2009
13th Jul 2010, 19:56
O do not get it wrong AAB work all day but there is an company from UK which make all the major changes in QR policy about economy and rutes ...

Do you think that AAB with his kind'a wierd brain can do all the smart moves ?

What he do at 7 in the morning he get print out of PPRUNE evey day then he call AJ and bitch about pilots and who did what on flight or who say what to some of AAB cabin crew spy and tell him how pilot sare just drivers and they do not deserve Evian water or food in china ...
Then he spend most of the time on cabin crew issues , do not forget that cabin crew if they want to move to other acommodation or get married or start using different make up they need CEO approval and you can just imagine how many request of that type he has on 4500 c crew.
Then he has every day problems with cabin crew and pilots who did what and who is suspended that day for funny reasons so he terminates them demote them .
At some time he will walk around classes and check on crew and pick up which one is attractive to him and try to get her on promotion flights or he will organise the dinner at 4 seasons for them.
At afternun he walks around techinical building and check which crew has dirty hat or uniform is to tight or to lose and remove them from flights .
During day he will phone AJ few times most of time bitching about pilots or organize how to screw someones life .

In the evning Friday he is there walking around Airport trying to scare people with his wired way of looking and talking to crew .

Ones in months he will travel to SIN this is his second home . He has all fixed there .

During all this he will sms to crew and try to get them . Usually a small chubby girls thats his type . Good i know few who lost weight just to get out of his sight ha ha .

YES AAB is busy man but most of it is nothing at all .

flykamel
13th Jul 2010, 23:04
Wow wow how do you know all of that BaBa??:eek:

airwjo
14th Jul 2010, 07:32
come on guys - do we have to fight each other in this forum - are we all member of the big qr kinder garden?

maybe we should invent a reporting system to the talk master - ridiculous.

some like it in doh some not and everybody has the right to say what he wants.

for those, who loves it here, tell us your opinion and do not attack others.

for those, who hates it here, stick to the truth.

thats it!!!!!!!

for me its is not the best place to be - never, and i have to say it again, never i saw such a mismanagement and corruption like in this airline. the whole system is f..... up, everybody knows from which people, and instead of making it better, they make it worse and more complicated.
i wonna have the money, they waste every day or better, they waste in the whole country - tks i can retire.

homebase or commuting? guys, what you were drinking or smoking?

doh itself? well, as am quite often in dxb due to family reasons, i can say, you cannot compare it, doha is at least 10 years behind.

anyway, i am not wondering, why so many people applied somewhere else.

good luck to all :ok:

ainkhaled
15th Jul 2010, 16:47
It seems that there is much turbulence along the Laughter Factory corridor of power in QR Flt Ops. Getting to the facts seems to be tricky but it looks as if CPF (HAA) has been fired – couldn’t happen to a nicer chap. The bloke is a congenital idiot and a compulsive liar. You don’t have to look too far into his background to realise that this guy is hooked on titles and self-aggrandisement. On his CV he claims to have a PHD degree in marine biology from Mannin University in the UK. Well guess what, there is no Mannin University in the UK or anywhere else it would seem. Do a google search and you will come up with a number of hits that show him masquerading as ‘Dr’ – hilarious! Dr Death would be more appropriate. Why did he get fired? – was it because of his incompetence as CPF and inter alia being master of all Boeing BS. Did he cop the blame for the spike in B777 hard landings? Does his very friendly relationship with the other (witch) ‘Dr’ have anything to do with his demise? Doubtless to two of them are suffering from increased fatigue from their nocturnal activities. Either way we are all much better off with this creep no longer in the office.
It seems that there is much mystery surrounding ‘Black Magic’ at the moment. Has he been fired or did he resign? Has his woefully incompetent tenure as CP fatbus finally caught up with him, or more likely did his utterly corrupt and anti-western ways finally become intolerable? Only time will tell but let’s hope that this weirdo is no longer in a position to screw up our lives, our rosters and please, please, could he leave Al Jabor compound and give our children a chance to play without fear of being run over.
It looks very like the CPT is certainly in the lead to take the fall for the B777 hard landing ‘scandal’. After a year or so in post this clown has nothing whatsoever to show for his tenure other than a complete lack of strategy, leadership and technical advancement. The promised uplift in training standardisation has also been a complete failure and the rogue trainers are still at large on all fleets doing their worst. But why should this have improved? The incumbent has no knowledge, experience and certainly no gravitas to pull off the role of CPT. No wonder the CEO has lost patience.
Whilst on the subject of ‘standards’ what has the so called SM safety and standards supremo achieved over the last year. This ‘character’ is another out and out snake and it is in your best interests to never fall out with him. He is the overseer of the safety programme of which the flight data monitoring system is an integral part. In an advanced safety culture such a system is for safety advancement purposes only, but in QR it is primarily for punishment purposes. Your anonymity is anything but secure and no end of crews are ‘shopped’ to the fleet with certain punishment to follow. About a year ago after another farcical CEO sponsored reform by Capt J Misfit this oaf was given the brief for ‘standards’. What a joke, he doesn’t even fly. Alas he is one of the protected brethren owing to his value to the CEO as an informant. Even the EVPO gets regular reamings from above based on misinformation fed to floor 9 from this oleaginous slime-ball. Be very careful.
Apparently further upheaval in the recruitment department follows the departure of baby-faced RN and now the departure of his successor PR. It seems that the brief for pilot recruitment in QR is a total poison chalice. Firstly no one in their right mind wants to join. Many pilots that are successfully selected are no-show for the course as they get a better offer (not hard). The problem for any prospective CP Rec is the politicisation of the role. You not only have to contend with extraordinary incompetence from HR via Mr ‘Useless’ B but also the poison dwarf (WA). ‘She’ is a keen CEO informant and woe betide you if she takes against you as RNs predecessor can attest. Total incompetence is a minor issue if, as in her case she ‘puts out’ for the CEO in a way that makes him smile.
On the face of it a clear out of the key buffoons from the Laughter Factory is to be celebrated. However for most of us this is just another sad turn of the wheel in a perpetual cycle. The clowns that have been fired will be replaced by more clowns. The old clowns will become (or revert to being) informants passing misinformation to floor 9. The new clowns will behave in just the same corrupt and incompetent manner. Any decent ones that work hard and have the right skills and experience will by killed from within the group and in time we are back to square one. What is most odd is that EVP has survived for so long. This spineless, inept and congenital liar has presided over the whole sorry mess for some four years now – a record. His connections to the palace perhaps hold him in good stead, plus of course he sucks up mercilessly to the CEO and he would sell his mother to hold onto his job. He just loves the trappings of power.
.... Alas though this leads to the door of the one that presides over the entire sorry spectacle that is aviation’s 5 Star Toilet. The 9th Floor incumbent that is totally responsible for the most corrupt and brutal regime in corporate history. The story of this creep would fill a book. Watch this space....

noise of freedom
15th Jul 2010, 19:54
If you will write a book I will certenly buy a copy!!!:ok::ok::ok:

Unfortunately it is all sadly true...but i have a question for you,Ainkhalid:

do you think things will ever change here?

NOF

mohd340
16th Jul 2010, 09:07
I Think Qatar Airways Still Not Making Money But Losing And Its Getting Worse , Ek Made Last Year One Billion So AAB Is Not In Good Shape .at Last He Approved It Thats He Was And Still Stupid Little Man .

jimmyg
16th Jul 2010, 14:44
Yes my friend we do live in a bottom line kind of world. It is a real balancing act to reduce costs and maintain profitability.

I have always been of the school that one hires the best and brightest and reward those employees for their hard work and dedication. The word "team" nowadays just seems to be an over rot catch phrase for inept managment. One needs to create a corporate culture of an inner sense of excellence, with a desire to serve. This of course is much easier said than done in todays what is in it for me work environment.

One of the most successful models for a company has been Southwest Airlines. Herb Kelleher has shown what can be done for an employee group with outstanding leadership skills. " NUTS! SouthWest Airlines Recipe for Business and Personel Sucess " should be mandatory reading for all those who wish to manage.

"If the employees come first, then they're happy, ... A motivated employee treats the customer well. The customer is happy so they keep coming back, which pleases the shareholders. It's not one of the enduring Green mysteries of all time, it is just the way it works"

Capt Krunch
16th Jul 2010, 18:35
jimmyg

In a western society i could not agree with you more.

This applies nicely to an educated consumer, of which 90% of our patrons are not. many of our flights are sub-continent worker flights. The vast majority do not pay for the ticket and do not know or care about much with regards to a South West airlines operating model.
Fall asleep and wake up on any of our flights to the USA or the some european destinations including the UK and you'll think your coming or going from some Sub-continent destination. I have heard some of these passengers ask with a serious face.. "where do I find the toilet for a British passport holder " !!
Now do you really think these kind of people (which amounts to a large percentage of our passenger traffic) really care about how happy our crew are or how well they are looked after.. they expect service over and above the required standard, the more you give the more they want. I'm not even going to speak about the local passenger profile, some of which treat our staff as they would their house maid and worse. One could go one for a long time with regards to this western philosophy, but it is not something that would work in this arena as well as it does for South West.
I must reiterate that I believe i the South West model. I wish it could be that way.
QA is not forecast to make a profit for years to come, as mentioned by the self procaimed great one himself. The airline is more of a country Brand name rather than a wheel of fortune. There are many people out there who have only known the airline before knowing that it was a country.

Thus they treat us as they like with no concern. No one here cares who is happy or who is not. get the brand out there, make it look good and shut up. Thats our model... and people still come.:ugh:

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

sandpitwantabe
16th Jul 2010, 21:51
Well … Contacted …QR will never do a Qantas they could never loose face, if you take a step back and look at Qatar we are a good 10 to 15 years behind the UAE. So we are trying to show to the world we are a powerful player and using our petrol $$$$ to make our mark on the world, apart from making major investments in London buying up Harold’s and other major companies. The government has big plans for prestigious projects with currently a lot of talk but no action, the bridge, the rail network and of course the 2022 world cup. Do you honestly think there could be any type of scandal suggesting Qatar has to cut back spending would affect the chances of getting 2022. There is no concern over making a profit just ‘Flying the Flag’ of Qatar, however they will try to push costs down which mean employing staff who will work for less.

Over time staff will leave, jump ship or get fired then the wheels will stop turning as recruitment is a mess, when they feel the affects of not being able to recruit then who will bail them out. Mr ‘Useless’? but he is not able to make a difference or stand up to AAB. The Moroccan (WA) spent most of the time on the beach in Miami during the last recruitment drive as there were no candidates I wonder who got the blame for that trip, how many has she had axed from the recruitment department or made their life such hell they have jumped. As Ainkhaled puts it “she puts out” for the CEO I wonder how many others do the same for him. (I look forward to your book).

Talking of things going and cuming why has AAB’s picture gone from the inflight mag? I would love to know what AAB said about the change, I am sure it was not his idea! :O

jimmyg
17th Jul 2010, 01:41
Dear Capt. Krunch,

Point taken; although I think that those types tend to be a smaller percentage on QR flights than you noted. Customer satisfaction and word of mouth can go a long way.

The real position I was trying to get at is the complete and utter disreguard for the overall employee groups as long term assets. Would profitability not be better served with a stable happy employee?

You are so correct that proper management of your most valueable investment "people" will never be realized by the short sighted powers in the region.

Post script; you where my favorite breakfast cereal as a kid:)

QR UNITED 2009
17th Jul 2010, 03:25
Removing AAB from welcome page on in flight magazine has a big impact on small man EGO . We all know how much he love to talk on interviews
things like " my airline " or " my airplanes " and how much he love to be in a picture all over TV or newspapers and now he is gone from " his airline in flight magazine " .

O big stress for Mr AAB a lot of problems coming for poor guy !:D

loc22550
18th Jul 2010, 08:08
..or..."my Airport" ..oops..:} as he is the CEO of doha airport as well.....

Strangeways Southpaw
18th Jul 2010, 11:13
AAB has removed himself from the inflight magazine, he was not ordered or requested to do so.
I am no great fan of the man or his methods but there is no need to BS about this issue.

QR UNITED 2009
18th Jul 2010, 14:15
Sure he removed him self ha ha ha .

He love media attention so much that he would even pay to be on all 67 pages of in flight magazine but someone removed him .

ha ha " my airline, my cabin crew, my aircrafts, my airport, my business ...

Person with souch ego would remove their kidneys first before they remove them self from in flight magazine ha ha

loc22550
19th Jul 2010, 06:11
I already heard this rumor....4 years ago..:}

sandpitwantabe
19th Jul 2010, 19:45
Strangeways.... how well do you know this man!!! Its right he has built the company, worked long hours ... but this have been putting terror into his staff who are scared they will not have a job if he gets out of bed the wrong side.. A man who lays down rules that micro manage his staff and their freedom outside work...

This is just the first step in others taking a leading role in QR, i wonder if his rob will be Qatarised.. lets hope so.

I hear that the CAA will take back control of NDIA as soon as it opens, as its a conflict of interest being an airport operator and the main airline. He has upset too many people and companies, if i am not wrong BA uplifts its supplies in Bahrain, I wonder why not in DOH!!

Lets just wait and see what he looses control of next..:rolleyes:

CI999
19th Jul 2010, 20:02
:=heard even QNB stopped granting Personal Loans to QR staff :=

airbanana
28th Jul 2010, 10:24
Any change in 777 fleet?, still the same fleet manager?:yuk:

TruthDares
28th Jul 2010, 18:26
Yes as of 1st of August:
Captain I W – B777 Fleet Manage

We take this opportunity to wish him all the best in his new role.

Good luck.

precisionapr
29th Jul 2010, 16:53
the x cathay 777 chief that did a fly by with the chairman on board, great vid just google it under his name, he got fired but was obviously doing for the chairman and his crew, good luck to him

CI999
29th Jul 2010, 20:46
he the kamikaze pilot was doing aerobatic with T7 (that was cool) BUT not in this biz :=, its been always like that QR bring in in-com-pe-tent individual & lift over.
it's obvious with the # of T7 & A330 hard landing & low quality training and std (if it dose exist any way).
oops there is v.good pilot recenty recruited doing the landings now, first name AUTO family name PILOT (it's the AP AUTO-LAND) welldone CP :D, I almost 4got about you sorry.

QR UNITED 2009
13th Aug 2010, 01:02
Fact is in aviation sometimes lickers get the best positions in Airlines, QR is perfect example of it .

Look at who is on which positions and you will know what i am talking about .

CEO- Standard behaivere for mental case

AJ - Never say NO thats the way to go

CC- close eyes when you dont want to see and make others do dirty work

R.N- Put on shirt "i am from UK" and report previous mananger to CEO

N.A.S -It is CEO not me and send me an Email please

B.M - No need to talk about him we wll know it lol lol ( 3 days off ) ha ha

K.V - based his upgrades and career on reporting Captains and being close
to every chief pilot or chief training as they changed ( except S.S )

R.C- step on friends back for extra fuel in order to get an parking
in front of Tech building so he dont need to sweet walking .

S.D- Report on behalf of K.C and chop ride on CEO command all to be
something and become someone who is ignored by 99% of pilots

K.P- doing free job for flight ops only to get position since he can not get
any job elswhere due to Anset famues issue .

All this people i have mentioned has done bad things to Airline and to others in order to climb to their positions .

EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY l

Finger Ingyu
13th Aug 2010, 22:24
QR United, your list is a bit incomplete/outdated!

You forgot the following people:

M.A.S: daddy’s boy that has been feeding of his dad’s reputation in Syria, using his diplomatic connections to get into the office. His incompetence is notorious but he is probably safer sitting behind a desk, as his flying skills suck big time!

I.W.: Personally responsible for the illegal sacking of 49 CX pilots and famous for his Seattle B777 acrobatics flight, managed to force his way into management by backstabbing colleagues and chatting up the big boss. Thinks he can change the world by waving the union jack, again!

K.F.: Desperately trying to be one of the guys and in doing so screwed over many fellow pilots while on his way up. Don’t put him under any stress or he cracks, literally! Needed to be MFF qualified so he can feel appreciated in the FTM bunker.

M.H: ass-licker who does not know what its all about. Pretends to know everything but is counting on an army of slaves to constantly help him out. Smokes shisha one day with his Arabic friends (pretending to be one of them) and will be seen at parties the next, proclaiming how stupid the shisha smoking crowd is.

P.J: Has been in and out many of the previous managements. Cuts corners wherever he can, hereby pushing the entire B777 fleet into illegality.

K.H: Ex CX A-scaler, thinks he knows something about safety. He does this by imposing useless rules on the pilot community and hides behind his desk anytime the flack is incoming. Is part of the CX mafia taking over the corridor,

S.S: The Indian snake. Was fired for trying to create an Indian Boys club in flight ops management. Just as his predecessor, L.M, he just could not stay away from corruption. Is laying low now but you can all expect him to be back with vengeance shortly! A330/340 (non Indian) instructors better start looking for safer pasture.

H.E: The human factors softy got his position by making A.Q feel good; hereby he actively killed the CRM career of several other colleagues. Bends the rules, manipulates the schedule and is a constant liar.

Do we have them all now? Happy?

Alcatraz69
14th Aug 2010, 00:00
QR UNITED 2009

You are full of **** and have no guts to say it in their face.

Just like when they asked you to become anLI and you accepted like a prostitute

Get your fact right bro!

Now enjoy your days!

Alcatraz69
14th Aug 2010, 00:03
you are what they say u r

Good luck Sucker

QR UNITED 2009
14th Aug 2010, 00:08
Some people do not deserve to be on your list at least 3 of them

Anyhow it is a PPRUNE you have right to say what you want .

If i have to decide under who i want to work your list or mine . hmmm it is not hard to guess what will most of people take :

If you take BM, KC, SD , KV , AQ , CEO ,CR , you can see how low level aviation dignity we are talking about

Is it true BM is soon out and his PWR is on idle ?

Well who play with magic get a magic .

SD is he still entertaining Mrs HR Moroccan "W" ?

In Morocco they also use magic watch over mate it is not Romania !

KC he must be sad when AQ is out now he can not put all blame on AQ .

HE - yes you are right that guy with his nice UK english run invisable department of CRM which can not be conducted with cabin crew lol lol

Alcatraz69
14th Aug 2010, 00:43
which list are you on?

TRTO?

K.Verbraeken
14th Aug 2010, 11:26
Dear All, and especially United and Finger,

It is with disgust that I have been reading your posts, and especially the last two ones. Hiding behind a fake name while clearly trying to inflict personal damage to people that are hard working colleagues and pilots, probably like you, is an absolute dishonorable act!
In fact, it does not make you any different than the facts you yourselves accuse your management team of!

So therefore I thought it was time to, for once, change this rumor network to a facts network. Let me point out to you that I do this on a personal initiative and that the company we all work for has NOTHING to do with these posts of mine!

As I do not believe facts can be revealed under the umbrella of fake names, I have chosen to step out of the anonymity (so well known and abused here on PPrune). So here I am. Although I have a pretty good idea of who you are, that does not matter at all so please go ahead and continue to use your beloved usernames.

Many of the management pilots you accused here have worked, and still continue to do so, really hard to get their jobs done. Often they have to fight against strict deadlines, changing company requirements, etc…all as a result of the massive expansion plans you all are benefitting from. (Or did you think joining as DEC B777 is a normal career move? Moving from right to left on A330/B777 is a normal career move?).

So they (and me as well) do their jobs the best they can, believe me, many times this is done on personal time and initiative. I agree, this is not always done perfectly (a management pilot remains a human being) and most probably many of you had situations where you did not agree, but overall they do continue to deliver. Those of you that have been here long enough surely must admit that this company has come a very long way.(remember 2002 with 1 A330, 6 A300s and I believe 12 A320's)

Pilots will be pilots and one of the characteristics of our psychological profile is that we always think we are correct. And by we I mean pilots in general. So many of you have very strong opinions about the way your department is being managed, although in most cases you do not even have 25% of the actual facts to base that opinion on. That’s fine; pilots are human beings as well.
But that does NOT give you the right to vent your frustrations on a public forum and to go and accuse fellow pilots of the craziest things, all based on rumors! The fact that you tried to act smart by only using two letters of a name does not change this at all. Everyone reading this knows exactly whom you are talking about…

So to prove that you are frauds anyway, I am willing to engage in the following challenge.

You accused me of:

K.V - based his upgrades and career on reporting Captains and being close to every chief pilot or chief training as they changed (except S.S)

Mmmhhh, interesting. It took me almost 5 years to get my command, which is more than what most FO’s have to go through nowadays. I was upgraded on an A320 while the groups before me, aswell as a while after me, where given the chance to stay on the A330.
I joined A320 type rated and I only received an A330 rating after 2 years.
So all in all a very normal and average career progress.

But still you claim that I reported colleagues to get my upgrade and to follow this career path? I am sincerely wondering then what all those pilots have been doing, receiving 4 type ratings in 4 years and being given a command upgrade on A330/B777.

Anyway:

Challenge: Give me (us) one (1) name of a pilot I reported in all my years flying. Only one! Send it to my PM or post it here. You will not be able to find one single name! (Facts plse, not rumors)

The second part of the accusation is even more ridiculous. I am being accused of being close to every CP or CPT as they changed (except S.S.). OK.
Where exactly is the problem here? I have been here a long time and many of these people did become personal friends over the years. I have been active as a ground instructor since 2004 so yes, I do/did have a close working relationship with training management.
Is this a crime?

(The except S.S. I find extremely interesting as a) not true b) nice direction finder)

But yet you dare to use this accusation to point out that working with me would be proof of having “low aviation dignity”.

I can only talk for myself and that is why I personally chose to step out into the open, but I can assure you that I would instantly stick my hands into a burning fire for most of my fellow management pilots. And they could give you challenges like this one, all of which you would probably loose!

So please, unless you can factually prove me wrong, get your facts straight and think before you start talking.

And if you do feel so strongly about these points, have the guts to come and tell me (us) straight in our face, just like Alcatraz69 said. If you are correct, I will listen and try to change it, if you are wrong I will give you the facts why you are wrong. You all know where I live…the door is open! And I am sure this is valid for most of my colleagues.

But don’t be the coward you have been until now, spreading rumors on an anonymous network. Rumors that can inflict damage on a person, on a company and on yourself and that are only based on self invented drivel!

I am looking forward to the replies.

K. Verbraeken

PS: I am not interested in pissing contests, endless discussions about spelling mistakes etc.

DISCLAIMER: This post has been made on a personal initiative only, and does not reflect any opinion (in the widest meaning of the wording) of any company, corporation or enterprise that might be mentioned. The person writing only wished to express a personal opinion about his personal case.

CI999
14th Aug 2010, 14:42
this airline (QA) was never runed professionally since started and never will be on the middle managment lvl.

Dan cooper
14th Aug 2010, 19:59
K. Verbraeken said:

Many of the management pilots you accused here have worked, and still continue to do so, really hard to get their jobs done. Often they have to fight against strict deadlines, changing company requirements, etc…all as a result of the massive expansion plans you all are benefiting from. (Or did you think joining as DEC B777 is a normal career move? Moving from right to left on A330/B777 is a normal career move?)

My comment is : Shame on this management if the result of their hard work is blocking hundreds of their senior 320 pilots to hire DEC's and F/O's on the 330 & 777.

How unfair! especially when 320 rated pilots are hired directly on the 330 fleet, while QA is depriving it's own pilots from this –available- CCQ and offer it for new joiners !!!

I don't know you, and I assure you that I don't approve those who attacked you personally, even when based on facts.

Let us focus on the unfair practices we need to fix rather than personal attacks.

Ronaldo 330
14th Aug 2010, 23:23
I can assure you that I would instantly stick my hands into a burning fire for most of my fellow management pilots.

Stick you hand for BM,KC,CEO,RN,SD.. and other strange minded people ?

I would not even look back if i see them terminated !

Working for free in office ? what does it tell about person ?
Maybe someone did not have hours for upgrade after 3 years ?
I know who was helping Ex 320 deputy MS to get data about people .
I saw you at CEO meeting seated next to CP A330 and on another meeting with next CP who replaced previous one .
Stay proud of current management and sure your on good way to AAB a.... but keep in mind it's crowded there .
If you have any dignity you would leave the office when you see and know wrong things are going on .

Dan cooper
15th Aug 2010, 06:05
My answer for you:

I was thinking as you suggested, it did not take me long before I saw the clear solution:
As a manager, I would improve the conditions for the pilots, especially on the 320 fleet so the company and the 320 fleet become attractive to expats.

Examples of possible imrovement:

1-Raise the basic salary like EY, (I know their flying hourly allowance is lower, but they don’t lose of they go on vacation, also resulting in higher End of Contract Allowance)

2-Pay your pilots for the Duty Time, so they don't get abused spending hours of STBY, and hours on ground the airports or dead heading for free.

3-Keep your word as management, so pilots would TRUST you and join knowing they will benefit from of a PROVIDENT FUND.

4-Improve the treatment of your pilots, starting from 3 days off rule, allow the REAL BIDDING SYSTEM….etc.

5-Show the pilots some career stability by stopping the policy of firing them over an Evian bottle of water.

6-Stop or at least try to reduce the rostering mismanagement either due to corruption or incompetence.

7-Provide the 320 fleet with an extra "Hardship" allowance (was paid till 2003 for the 320 pilots).

8- A better roster with some decent layovers for the instructors will let them catch up in hours and get a break from the 6-7 days blocks, that will attract more instructors to your fleets including 320 and 777 instead of hiring Boeing instructors paying them triple the training allowance due to QA pilots refusing the job.

If management provided the above mentioned points, I trust many pilots will prefer to join QR in any fleet rather than EY,EK or AA.

The reason many of the new joiners put "flying the wide body" as a condition to join the airline is due to what they saw and heard from their fellow 320 pilots.
So this problem was "the monster we created" by freezing the transfer.
Unfortunately the company chose the easy solution and offered the wide body to the new joiners as a temporary fast solution.

The latest example of QR poor management: due to the current 320 situation, over 100 pilots (some rumours say 200) applied to fly 320 somewhere else most of them to applied to EY, how do you think our management reacted? Did they think of any of the 8 pointes mentioned above?
NO….. they approached Etihad management to strike a deal not to accept each other pilots (similar to the current agreement with Emirates).

I think the solution is there, but the cheap, fast short sighted solution is always easier because managers know they will not be in position in 2 years time, so they think about Tomorrow, not about 24 months plan !

May be I am wrong, but I think majority of pilots share my opinion.

P.S. I respect your opinion too, but let us see in 1 year time how many 320 pilots will be lost then we will know if the current policies are right or wrong.

JCUERVO
15th Aug 2010, 06:22
One simple thing that would make a world of difference is the answer to...WHERE WILL I BE IN THE COMPANY AND WHEN?

Career progression guys, its all random and a guess currently in QTR...I have no Idea (as im sure many also dont) what we will be doing in the company as our career progresses (320/330/340/777)

Give us a tangible, transparent system to know what and when to expect it or at least have an idea! Many get discouraged by this one point...

You your self said, why being wide body FO u went to 320 Capt. and then 6 m/o later it became right to left??? And as far being thankful well I am thankful for having a job BUT it isnt for free, I do a job the company wants me to do for an agreed amount, no one is doing any one any favors here

QTR Airways should not whore it self out to hire pilots! Make the conditions AT LEVEL or BETTER than the competition

vivace
15th Aug 2010, 07:31
Verbraeken..a nice though slightly naive gesture to post your full name..obviously a bit of truth to the suggestion of brown nosing. Anyway, guess your post.. burning hands etc just puts you further up the said managements rears.

Dont let the banter here get to you, which it obviously did....its called PPRUNE..ie rumour network..suggest if you want to post facts start a website called the PPFN..ie fact network...then post your name etc..bit silly posting the name old boy...just relax and treat yourself to a couple of buckets of Baskin Robbins to fuel that toned face of yours.

Ronaldo 330
15th Aug 2010, 09:01
When CRM was devided on man and women an previous CRM mananger left he has dignity .

Training department is and was always subject to CEO clereance,orders, imputs which has nothing to do with reall world way of working .

A320 roster is very good example how to make your crew sick but responibility lies with fleet manager and we all know how useless is this poor guy just seat in office drink tea and eat nuts telling people "you know Capt we can not do it " or CEO want us to do this and that .

CEO of QR AAB is making QR and Qatar reputation as it is today .
People like what we have in management now and 2 years back are supporting this by securing their office place . We saw good people leaving office very fast after thay say NO to sick guy .

CEO support reporting system and that is the reason why CS/CSD has more PWR then any CAPt in QR .

Now brave KV if you are brave to put your name and talk on PPRUNE please tell in front of us is CEO a great man or an sick persona who is doing and has done a lot of bad and mean things to people ? No diplomatic answers please . Just straight to the point good or bad .

Strangeways Southpaw
15th Aug 2010, 10:30
Hmmm, anybody else thinking that K.V has just signed his departure papers by going public?

loc22550
15th Aug 2010, 11:52
Dan cooper:
QR is ready to offer A-330 rating to new joiners who are A-320 rated (and by-passing all the courageous A-320 senior guys here) to avoid "loosing" a precious candidature& pilot who otherwise will rather go straight to EY to fly the ..A-320!:}

QR UNITED 2009
16th Aug 2010, 18:27
How QR CEO spend money given by Qatar state :

- Salary for UK experts ,we saw BW and IM how they improved QR
- Salary for security personal which QR have more then some VVIP
- Salary for so called auditors they are Pax which are reporting crew
- Salary for UK privat investigator
- Security cameras at CC accommodation and QR tower and Tech building
and since not that long a go in SIM building .....
- TRTO department which is training and give type ratings to pilots which
will in 25% jumpship one day with nice 777 or 330 type rating
- LV bags & wallets given as gift to HOT cabin crew on promotion flights
- He opened resignation/termination department on 3 floor the only one of
that kind department in the world
- A number of pilots pretending big time managers but if you check their
file you can find funny things there . A lot of money vasted there

If state of Qatar is happy throwing money around it is ok .

Mr.Bloggs
16th Aug 2010, 19:24
Still trapping?

Ronaldo 330
17th Aug 2010, 19:57
United 2009 don't forget famues excellent PM recommended Jeppesen/ AIMS system and the year when annual leave was delayed 5 months .

O Jeppesen system was expencive though . And PM wants to change it again well if he get any % from all this sytem he is intreducing he can get retire early .

BM system max 3 days off made a lot of people leave the airline again $$$.

I remember rostering dep in 2002 -2006 y and i never had that bad roster done without any system then now days superexpencive bidding system done by PM . PM is using situation to keep position . Actually they would get rid of guy long time a go but since he has BM against him self then he run and hide behing AJ who will protect him only to show that BM can not do what he want .

Anyhow both BM and PM are gone soon, victims of their own incompetence.

AJ will manage as he know how to deal with people .
System works : Bad news let someone else tell to pilot good news bring him i will tell him , smile to all . Recipe for success ! Try it !

noise of freedom
18th Aug 2010, 04:54
Dear Mr K. Verbraeken

the greatest failure of the present menagment is simply the fact that everybody is unhappy in the company.
It is the clearest,most simple prove of the fact that the present system doesn't work.

Qatar Airways should in my opinion spend more money in training and find a way to keep people happier....how??

Just treat people like resources not like animals to target.
Look at the present situation is not strange in your opinion that lots of people jumship from here?
have you ever heard that the same happens in BA or AF?

I didn't....and geuss why!

NOF:=:=:=

deserthawk9
18th Aug 2010, 07:05
:)

For those of us who have only been here for two years or less could we please have some guidance as to who the initials on this thread refer to. Recent posts refer to BM and PM. I have been here for more than a year and cannot relate these initials to anyone that I know.

If these guys are screwing us all then please let us all in on the secret.

Where to now?

QR are at a critical point in their development and if the right decisions are made at this point then the future for the airline looks rosy. If the Company continues to be run on policies based on fear and intimidation imposed by an under qualified and under confident senior management then the longer term future looks bleak.

With the help of virtually unlimited financial resources almost any person with access to aviation and business consultants could have brought Qatar Airways from the mid nineties to the present day. Unfortunately the present day throws up new challenges. The new airport is years behind schedule despite the direct involvement of the QA CEO.

Expansion up until this point has been helped enormously by the word wide recession and retrenchment in many major airlines. Pilots who would not normally choose to work in the especially challenging environment in Qatar have, nevertheless, given it a try in the hope that Qatar Airways might live up to its advertising.

At the present most staff try their best. The system is archaic, based on the Edwardian system of beaurocracy passed on to the Indians by the British and developed to incredible levels such that flexibility, decision making and responsibility for ones actions have been almost completely eliminated.

These are not the qualities that will achieve the best results in the 21st Century. Bottom line is king in todays business world. QR pay is probably average in todays market. I don't hear complaints about pay (at least no more than anywhere else). What really get's people going is quality of life!

So, instead of just whinging how about some suggestions?

1. Ask what staff would appreciate, don't assume.

2. Look for measures that will improve staff quality of life at no cost to the Company. This can improve staff performance by up to four times that achieved by pay incentives and has far higher returns in terms of staff retention.

3. Reward loyalty. Staff that have helped Qatar Airways to arrive where they have today should be recognised. All staff contributing to QR's further success should be rewarded for their loyalty and support.

4. Originality. So far everything that QR do appears to be based on Emirates. This may have something to do with the CEO's previous life. New ideas from QR might be encouraging.

5. Slow Down. Whilst embarrassing it may be appropriate to recognise that QR infrastructure is far behind the plan and slow down expansion until it is possible to cope with expansion in a professional manner.

6. Adjust. If you can get maximum legal hours out of a pilot in three weeks then there is no point in insisting that he cannot then have 6 or 7 consecutive days off if that is what might keep him happy and working for you for the next 15 years.

Enough. There's loads more where this comes from but please let's stop pushing out all the coded abuse and get down to some good ideas!

noise of freedom
18th Aug 2010, 13:02
Dear Deserthawk9,

you are a bright mind...

have a nice day!
NOF:ok::ok::ok:

loc22550
18th Aug 2010, 14:00
Finally somebody with a clear Vision...:
Your Suggestion nr 5 should be the first one to be applied asap before it's too late!
But unfortunatly i don't think they can't slown down, simply because of one problem here: the HUGE EGO!!
The only solution is the completion of the new airport asap! (but when i see new temporary terminals "muschrooming" here and there(oops another waste of $$$$$), i'm afraid it's not for tomorrow as well...)

So lets wait and see....:}

QR UNITED 2009
20th Aug 2010, 04:34
As always an ground Inst get instruction from Scotland guru to pull away from PPRUNE and that is what he do .

No answer from him about CEO as well .

Fuklawski
20th Aug 2010, 14:52
Hello Guys,
I have heard a lot about Pprune but I didn’t realize that it was so intense. All the same complaints and negative comments from the same guys about the same management people.
You make it seem like the worst place to work yet most of the complainers are still with the company. Most of the complainers are on the wide body and I can understand their complaints, however it’s the poor guys on the 320 (line pilots) that are suffering the most. We all know what they are going through, it would be another five pages just to start explaining the unjust job they are doing, with no-one in the office to stand up for them (“not me captain, it’s the CEO”) (…Please send me an e-mail and I assure you he will not do anything about it) (….”the rostering guys are not answering my calls”) He is to busy with his coffee, dates and nuts to worry about their issues. These are the story’s I heard from few 320 guys.
So three years ago it was explained this nightmare would be over and a new life would begin on a normal fleet. While they are going through this nightmare they find pilots with lower hours and narrow body type walking in straight to the 330 and the 777. Hold on, what’s happening? (Sorry guys the company is in need of direct entry pilots)…Oh ok:*!
But when you find out that there are guys with the 320 type that were laid off somewhere else and QA hires them to walk into the 330 and 777. Not only this but some of them had LST done for them at QA then CCQ 330, it is not only unfair it is unjust.
And when someone wants to gracefully walk out, QA does not try to resolve any problems or help them they just try to block them from going to neighboring Airline. Is this fair?
And then you get this guy trying to impress the management by putting his hands into the burning fire at the expense of these poor guys. That is really sad. one of the greatest thing about this group is to stand and help each other no matter what is your position. :=

Fubaliera
20th Aug 2010, 17:02
Does anybody know if EY is gonna stop hiring Qr guys for sure, or was it a rumor. Hopefully not

flykamel
20th Aug 2010, 17:54
It's not in effect yet. You still can apply. The sooner the better.
Good luck.
@ fuklawski :D
@ deserthawk9 (http://www.pprune.org/members/335703-deserthawk9) :D

AirbusMaster
22nd Aug 2010, 06:00
EVPO, CPT, CP Fleets, FTM 320, FTM 330/340 & Head of TRTO will leave their offices soon.

Major changes in Flt Ops, we can only guess at this moment who will replace them even with some unconfirmed nominations.

I hope we don't get a new B.W. & I.M. who hired their unqualified friends directly on the 777 fleet ignoring all the senior QR pilots including those who had a previous Boeing rating.

We just hope the new team will improve the working conditions -especially rosters- to stop the imminent departure of many pilots (most of them on the 320).

Several ME operators increased the salaries lately to attract qualified pilots. Let us see what will QR management do.

QR UNITED 2009
22nd Aug 2010, 09:42
So what ??

We saw management changes every 2 years in QR and non of them did a very good job .

The only change that can make difference is CEO change .

All bad things ,memos, demotions,orders,rules are not invented by poor guys in office it is created in 9 floor and no one will ever say anything against or they will get terminated .

QR must change CEO or QR will always be known as Akbar airline and we know what this means : terminations, braking contracts , non logical memos ,friday hunting ,cheating , threatening ..........

Who ever come in office will not do any major change !

CI999
22nd Aug 2010, 22:01
nothing will change SSDP :ugh:

DesertIsland
25th Aug 2010, 18:58
Same stories form the same people.

CI999
2nd Sep 2010, 10:52
:D good news I hope the rest of the old Failure poor Std ganglion mafia follow, EVPO AJ :p, HM (330, 340):yuk: , Arab mental·i·ty european look PJ (B777):yuk:, give a new blood a chance & stop denunciation the CEO.

Fuklawski
2nd Sep 2010, 13:48
What About N A S (320) he should be the 1st one to go. Any secretary can answer emails we need someone who work in this office. most of the Pilots in this fleet are sick to there stomach from this guy :yuk:.

330contrail
2nd Sep 2010, 16:26
AirbusMaster wrote: "I hope we don't get a new B.W. & I.M. who hired their unqualified friends directly on the 777 fleet ignoring all the senior QR pilots including those who had a previous Boeing rating."

That's quite the accusation. I happen to know the recent batch of new hires who a) met (and exceeded) all the widebody qualifications published on the QR website, b) were subject to the same exam/interview/sim selection process as everyone else, and c) are neither friends or acquaintances with anyone in management. Yet apparently these poor sods are about to get shafted because of this false rumour that someone has fed management, including the CEO.

Care to explain yourself?

JCUERVO
2nd Sep 2010, 17:27
What rumor are you referring to?...
My opinion is this company should promote/transfer from with in...If I have given 3 years to Qatar woulnt it be the correct and professional thing to do to have a proper and transparent fleet transfer/ career progression policy(which if you are on the 320 is a BIG lifestyle change) ?

All the best to your mates but we all get shafted at some point...Some just get the tip, others the whole thing!

flykamel
2nd Sep 2010, 21:59
What happen to these guys?

Ronaldo 330
2nd Sep 2010, 23:25
CHANGE is only change if it is big . Small changes make no difference .

QR = CEO AAB

Change it and you will get a better airline .

He just play with us changing CP,CT,EVPO........ Do they have any authority ?? NO so who care who is there ?

NA
3rd Sep 2010, 05:57
One guy that I liked to deal with recently is this new A340/300 CP, he seems not afraid from fulfilling simple pilots request or questions, that usually take others days to answer with a big "NOT ALLOWED" QR syndrome.

A320 Man
3rd Sep 2010, 08:29
Believe me it is not a rumour when we are on the 320 fleet for 4 years watching non type rated pilots joining on the 330 and 777 fleet including IM and BW themselves who were 320 captains but refused to join QR except on the 330 ! This was swallowed being Direct Entry Managers.

When you say shafted, do you mean moved to the 320 fleet? Or denied employment?

I see QR hiring from all over the world, they will not let go of any qualified pilot over a simple rumour.

The CEO is clever enough to hire the numbers and avoid losing the 320 pilots as a result of such practice, so maybe he ordered those qualified but NTR pilots to join the 320 fleet, and that is shafting??

Any pilot in the world will be happy to have a job on the 320 rather than stay jobless, so any hired pilot should be thankful to QR and stop wining about the type, when the time come he/she will move forward like any other individual in this company.

The 320 fleet is full of ex-B767, DC-10 & A310 captains, waiting for a move forward.

IM & BW, these 2 were a real laughter factory, but no 320 pilot was laughing !

JCUERVO, very well said.

CI999
3rd Sep 2010, 13:31
1) IM what a failure guy n all. can't agree more!!

2) B787 project manager can't even fly B777 DEC, alot's of training issues, he is a DEC B777 & 787 project manager what a joke. instead high quality caliber for prototypes ACFT is a MUST .:ugh:

3) MH new CPT low std TRE:}, takes his orders, consultancy from old managment sh**t HB Kievh awful (above average pilot Major ATT Problem unsafe to fly).

4) new CP B777, big incident (check out youtube) under his name, revoked HKG license, can't under stand where did he get his clear of incident & accident letter from. Obviously QCAA in deep sleep :zzz: weak up!!!!!!!

middle managment trying to hide alot's of sh**t from the CEO
:eek: :ouch:

fiddlair
3rd Sep 2010, 16:19
Read and listen before you write.

QR UNITED 2009
3rd Sep 2010, 19:21
C1999 there must be a lot of frustrations in you !

Hide things from CEO? ha ha what a joke CEO is source of problems mate .

C1999 have you seen "resignation/termination department" on 3th floor ? was that department created by any pilot or a CEO ?

CP777 unsafe ? It looks cool to me on youtube . Have you try it ?

MH is doing his job up to high standard but i would not say so for UK expert IM who could not explain priority logic to s/o .

Fuklawski
3rd Sep 2010, 19:52
K C has left the balding.

Captain Partzee
4th Sep 2010, 11:59
CI999 (http://www.pprune.org/members/333186-ci999)
I'm sorry but can you try again? Please make it simple.

QR UNITED 2009 (http://www.pprune.org/members/292331-qr-united-2009)
"CP777 unsafe ? It looks cool to me on youtube . Have you try it ?"
I agree. It was cool. And from now, a new procedure on B777 . Instead of stabilize approach, low fly by approach . :}

CI999
4th Sep 2010, 14:12
Capt Part ial its very clear, YOU don't like (want) to under stand, you seem to have the same problem when I did your training :ugh:

Captain Partzee
4th Sep 2010, 15:03
I didn't UNDERSTAND your post.
I'm sorry but you are a nut.

a380topgun
7th Sep 2010, 09:00
Guys take a break. Dont think we should be washing dirty linen here. About CP777 give him a chance. You dont have to be hot shot to be a good manager. Lets see how the sod does. Either get screwed more or royally-nothing to loose. If not happy Leave. Hope things will change for the better.:D :=

oryxbollocks
7th Sep 2010, 14:39
There's actually no dirty washing to air here. CI999 should do his homework before shooting his mouth off. It's easy enough to find out the truth if you research things.

The newly appointed 777FM did NOT have his Hong Kong licence revoked and no incident was recorded against him.

GB

deserthawk9
7th Sep 2010, 20:32
Some of the above posts demonstrate perfectly why QR may have a few problems.

Stop attacking new post holders just because they are new post holders. If you feel under threat because you have a new boss it would normally be because you have some kind of "special relationship" with his predecessor.

If the new guy is fair then you have nothing to fear.

If the old guy was corrupt then you may be in deep ****!

Either way this is progress!

This is Qatar Airways and this is a sad 3rd World Airline.

The really sad thing is that we are inches away from seriously competing with the other GCC airlines. The only thing that is holding us back is the CEO who would be better suited to running a small Indian supermarket!

The same guy that fires cabin crew if he sees them the using a mobile phone, or flies as the CEO of this airline wearing a shirt covered with hearts and stars like a sad littlle gay boy on the first flight to South America, is the weakest point of Qatar Airways.

Get rid of him and this airline has every opportunity to prosper!

I don't suppose the Al Thani Family read this. But , if any of your staff do you should advise your bosses that Mr Al Baker is doing huge harm to the reputation of your country. We all know that he is a pathetic individual who gets off on the abuse of junior staff.

The International Flag Carrier for the state of Qatar deserves better than this

QR UNITED 2009
7th Sep 2010, 21:16
Deserthawk9 i like your way of thinking .

First and last problem is CEO AAB . Actually i would say he is the only reall problem in QR .

Imagine QR without 100 ACN starting with " it is not allowed " or most of them starting with " it has been brought to my attention " followed by " i like to remind you that it is not allowed and you are under QR sponsordhip and if you dont you will be terminated ..." all this rubbish he make EVPOs or CT,CP to write or the Cabin Crew Mr Snake write or small man him self .

Who made reporting colleagues SOP in QR ? = CEO
Who made CS/CSD's more influential then a Capt ? = CEO
Who is doing hire and fire sytem ? = CEO
Who block people from upgrades ? = CEO
Who is trying on cabin crew onpromotion flights ? = CEO
Who spends Qatar $ on cameras to spy crew ? = CEO
Who terminate cabin crew an pilots ? = CEO
Who call's EVPO in middle of the night ? = CEO
Who is stating on TV that he could run Boeing ? = CEO
Who's clereance cabin crew need for marriage ? = CEO
Who blacklist people as if he is minister of FA ? = CEO

Remove this evil and you will have healthy AIRLINE

Fuklawski
19th Sep 2010, 22:30
Why all the sudden it got quit? are you guys happy with the little changes? := cause there still allot of anger and frustration in the 320. 4 resignation recently and 3 (that I know of) to come within the next few weeks. and it looks like the CEO red this thread witch is a good thing I hope he do so he'll get a gleams of what's going on in the 320. WE NEED HELP PLEASE. Whoever making DECISION (if any) in this fleet need to GO. the largest fleet in the company, the most frequent flights and the one with more problems need someone with high level of management and communication skills and lots and lots of commonsense.:ugh:
CP 777 nice start. best of luck
Ainkhaled thanks for starting this thread

airbanana
20th Sep 2010, 15:56
At least, the new Fm looks to be more open that the previous one, I wonder if it was someone before?. We do not see :mad:DO NOT DISTURB:mad: signs in chief pilots doors anymore.
Lets see what happens now. As my granpa says couldn't be worst.
Happy landings.
Capt Banana.

loc22550
21st Sep 2010, 07:54
Airbanana: i like the realism of your granpa...:hmm:

raklameen
21st Sep 2010, 10:10
Has Kaycee left the company or has beeb thrown out of his post?
Hope the former is true:ok:

ask26
21st Sep 2010, 10:23
50 pilots moving from B777 training to Airbus so I´m told.

Paper Lad
21st Sep 2010, 14:03
I heard that it was 29 new joiners. Arrived in Qatar for the 777 but not yet started sim training and have been told they will be moved to the 320 or 330.

Motivation during training could be a problem and I guess they will leave the desert as soon as they can:ooh:

A320 Man
21st Sep 2010, 15:21
Pilots with narrow boy type rating are moved to the 320 fleet, even some of them with high hours will get a chance to fly the 330.

This is one of the most correct decisions taken by QR.

I agree that some of them planned their life to join as Direct Entry 777, they should have been told before they join, but it was wrong from the middle management in the first place to allow this practice.

They might feel some unfairness, but that what the 320 pilots felt for the last 3 years.

I would like to know how you would feel being stuck on your 320 fleet for 3 or 4 years, just to see the new non type rated joiners jumping to the wide body fleets of your airline while your career is put on hold?

Yet if I am jobless, or if my company is going down….. I would be happy to have any type to fly and support my family.

So if you decide to stay, do your time on the 320 and move forward like in any other respectable airline.

In behalf of all the 320 pilots, I would like to thank whoever is responsible for this decision.

CI999
21st Sep 2010, 15:47
should have been done from the beginning, management will have their silly excuse for previous f**k up as always. :ooh::confused:

Almost ALL B777 arr to DOH set by the pool for 3 to 6 month doing absolutely nothing waiting for training slots (lack of instructor) they were told :ugh::ugh::ugh:. Do the math it’s by the millions (appx 1 to 2 million/ month).

Then trying to be smart and save by moving hotels for much lower quality for few $ difference, no over time, sh**t food, plastic cutlery, low quality uniform….etc.

Fuklawski
21st Sep 2010, 18:12
Just FYI the plastic cutlery and the aluminum container due to an incident with one Captain who chip his china plate with the real cutlery and accidentally swallow a piece of it and had a bleeding mouth for the rest of the flight. its a true story.

And yes if you have no wide body experience get in the back of the line just like every one else. and you should be happy that you got a job any way. the next thing you know this poor schmuck who walked straight to the 330 (non type) and I've been here for 4 years on the 320 doing double BAH doing 12 hours shift and getting peanuts he'll be ahead of me for the 350 and the 380. what happen to my seniority, my loyalty and my hard work for the last 4 years. is this fair?:confused:

capt.magoo
21st Sep 2010, 21:04
C1999,
calm down,I see from your post(s),that you have nothing good to say about no-one or the company,rather than shooting your mouth off with all the F words and mentioning peoples initials look at the facts and then if you don't like what you see i'm sure the grass is greener somewhere else, for you.......:*

ainkhaled
21st Sep 2010, 23:26
Some may remember this excerpt from the post that kicked off this thread....

Another big kid to whom we can now say farewell is the oily and talentless squeaky voiced clot that masqueraded and a well informed and powerful ally to the CEO. He certainly kissed enough CEO posterior to be given the role but alas he overcooked it. Drunk on his own power and self importance he made enemies very very rapidly, particularly the CP B777. The 777 honcho is something of a guest artist in the corridor of power and is very much the court jester. Be very careful though for if you underestimate him you are in for a big surprise since he is very powerful and well connected (a nephew of the QCAA Chairman). Alas RN chose the wrong guy to tangle with and he was soon found wanting and got himself fired for impropriety with the recruitment process – namely hiring too many of his Brit friends.

Well believe it or not the A/CPT was publicly heard to say that the shiny new CPT will be none other than RN, Mr Squeaky Voice himself. There is nothing quite like Qatar Airways with its ability to fire people and then re-hire those that are the most useless and give them a promotion to boot. Clearly life in Jet2 and its Portacabin offices wouldn't have been good enough for this whinging clown as he would actually have had to work for a living there. Prima donna behaviour having no place in that blunt, no frills, 'get the job done and work all hours' type of outfit. Thus what better to do than to get back in touch with Akbar, promise him everything and stab all the other incumbents in the back, then hey presto you come back to Doha on more money and with an even better shiny new villa away from other pilot accommodation.

You pay a big price for this though - Akbar will own you even more and you will have to do all his dirty deeds and feed him with nothing but the best 'intelligence' (lies) on what is happening. Akbar has a long history of these re-hires, look at the snake that now manages Akbar's beloved Premium Terminal. He originally got fired, then rehired to look after Al Maha, spent all his time feeding lies about the PT manager not doing the job 'correctly' and in no time that person's position is made untenable, they resign and our friend gets the job.

The classic example of this is the A/EVP(HR). None other than Mr Useless himself. Originally he was GMHR but he got fired. -Right decision, he is useless. He was replaced by a professional (EVPHR) but after a few months when his new job clearly didn't work out he comes sneaking back and Akbar rehires him. Of course this is without consultation with the EVPHR who suddenly has to find him a role. He is now an SVP, with a new car and a villa in the smart end of town. Over the coming months he gets to work in undermining his boss and eventually is dealing with Akbar direct. Over time the EVPHR is isolated and loses credibility. The individual concerned is no push over and digs in hoping that good sense will prevail. Unfortunately normal corporate rules do not apply in QR (Akbar always believes the lies) and the EVPHR's position becomes completely untenable leaving no choice but to resign. Mr Useless does not get it all his own way though since his much more competent rival (the other SVP) is put in as A/EVPHR. However that is just temporary and after a short time Mr Useless is promoted back to where he started but only in an 'acting' capacity. What will it take to get rid of this creep?

Sorry about this digression from the rumour of Squeaky's return but it just exemplifies what a completely bonkers and corrupt outfit Qatar Airways really is. Does anybody have any info on the rumour that Akbar himself is/ has been under investigation over the summer? Alas it would be too good to be true.:}

Spirit1
22nd Sep 2010, 12:12
Hi Mr Ainkhaled

U might be right in many of your observations. Specially about the power of the CEO and the many incompetent people he has placed in the middle management:ugh:
But when it comes to RN I personally think you are wrong.
Don’t forget that he has been here since the beginning and knows how to play the game down here. He is a well known face and many line pilot actually like the guy.
At the same time he is one of the most competent instructors in Qatar Airways. Nice and calm. Not making thinks more difficult than it is.
Hope he will surprised you;)

SU in Ainkhaled:ok:

Tintin
22nd Sep 2010, 17:40
Spirit1 :ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:
100%

alahaigaigai
23rd Sep 2010, 18:19
Anyone knows what happened and KH is out of the safety office. It is a shame because in my opinion he was an asset for the company.

oryxbollocks
26th Sep 2010, 15:41
It seems someone in the company didn't think so!
GB

Ronaldo 330
30th Sep 2010, 03:39
Who care any more ?

One monkey /donkey in and other monkey/donkey out .

Same same all the time no major change will in general will not change anything in QR . Maybe few more memos and thats it .

Small man just maintain his position . When god take him i will dance on his grave .

Alberto 123
1st Oct 2010, 11:11
One and only person control QR regardless of who seat in the CT,CP,EVPO ,TRTO ... office they all answer same phone call :

Ring Ring ( at 02 :00 night ) AAB: suspend Capt s/n ****** , Terminate F/O s/n ******
Answer : YES SIR WILL DO ( remain office position )
Option : NO SIR YOU ARE WRONG( removed from office ) bring another in

knotaloud
7th Oct 2010, 13:35
You'd have to be kidding right?

The absolute IDIOT that's replacing him is the most incompetent useless d-ckhead in QR management! Talk about the devil-you-know. This clown (ideal member of the Laughter Factory) will make life on the 300/330/340 Fleet a monstrous joke! He was the same bozo that was kicked out of management a few years back and now his Daddy (2-I-C of Syria) has got him a job back in the office so he can continue the path of destruction he started when he was (laughingly, as his tech knowledge is zero) Chief Pilot Technical!

If you can't change fleets to the 777 where some sanity prevails, it's time to go!

Alberto 123
7th Oct 2010, 17:59
Finally GOD has wipe this guy from the office .

BM so called for his strange way of dealing with his cooworkers is out of office and he cry at 04:24 in the morning typing Email to us .

Most of us had a big :O on our faces when we saw an Email from out 330 dictator.

Remember what happen to Icarus !

BM flown to high but with F2 ha ha

He use to say " i am Iranian not Qatari" then for a while he become Qatari again probably now again he will be Iranian after this mess .

CI999
8th Oct 2010, 08:17
can't wait to see the Technical Pilot SM (technically weak)(can prove it):}, out of the office soon, let's not to forget PJ didn't do any thing for company responsible for the most training issue & f**kup before and B777 latest (hard landing).

QR UNITED 2009
8th Oct 2010, 22:07
Well done Mr CEO after all non popular termination you manage to do one thing for which most of pilots will THANK YOU for removing BM .

He deserve it and he deserve much more but removing him from PWR will hit his ego so hard that i am afraid he might migrate to Iran with one of his baloon from his shop .

Keep doing it Mr CEO whole world is watching you !

shemaid
11th Oct 2010, 19:51
:=
I'll be back!

QR UNITED 2009
11th Oct 2010, 20:25
Thats why it is called hot air baloon ! Where wind push it it will go .

Back where ? CMN ?

flyby787
12th Oct 2010, 20:58
Look like today was a bad day in QR operations!!!!!!!

Finally the 320 CP is out......:D:D:D:ok:

And believed or not the B777 CP is already out ?!?!?!?!?:ugh:Does anybody nows at happened ? Look like he was doing a good job!!!!!!

The changes of seats in QR are getting very interesting ????:sad:

What is next????????????

skya320
12th Oct 2010, 21:10
Promoted very fast, but Demoted faster :D

JCUERVO
12th Oct 2010, 21:18
Source?...Possible replacements?

Ronaldo 330
13th Oct 2010, 02:25
Both same in different way

CP B777 = IN CX we use to do ..................
CP A320 = Sorry Capt CEO want it this way ...................

loc22550
13th Oct 2010, 04:32
Who is gone be the next useless CP320?

babysandbox
13th Oct 2010, 10:44
What's wrong to use other airlines best practices? Capt. IW was doing a very good job, :ugh::(
Hope they choose a very capable, clever, smart guy with all the work that will be needed on next coming months...

Homo Ludens
13th Oct 2010, 12:38
"The new CP Fleets is bringing in his own managenent team"???
WTF!
That's exactly what we need - constant changes of the FltOps managers.
For no reason at all, I feel we'll be missing out on having a good CP. Again.
Cheers!

CI999
14th Oct 2010, 05:29
in CX we used to do... surlly some body was teaching you how to do things correctly Ron 330, thats totally fine, there is nothing wrong with that, CX is way ahead of QR when it comes to professionally & std, take it or leave it. why not learing from others.

I did advice IW to stay away from the sh**t. DID NOT LISTEN

stupid people DON'T learn from thire mistakes. (QR)
smart people learn from thier mistakes. (IW)
truely intelligent people learn from others mistakes . (line pilot)

knotaloud
14th Oct 2010, 07:48
So let’s see? We remove the only guy who can truly DO the job and replace him with some crony of the new CPF. The crony will get himself a shiny new 777 endorsement and then demonstrate his total inability to handle the job. He will eventually revert to line flying or take his free endorsement elsewhere. Does this story sound familiar? History repeats itself, except in the most recent case it was 330 endorsements. Will Qatar Airways ever learn?

TruthHurts
14th Oct 2010, 09:16
Sure CX is way ahead of QR and the proof is the last A330 incident or shall we call it accident !!!! in HKG

Truth Always Hurts

Daft Wader
14th Oct 2010, 13:44
Luckily the B777 FTM is going to take on both FM & FTM roles.
Interesting times ahead me thinks
May the farce be with you
Daft Wader

Qatari515
14th Oct 2010, 16:33
I can assure you all you have bigger things to get worried about.

Enjoy your HOTAC while you can:mad:

QatarA340
14th Oct 2010, 18:54
What was the incident in Hong Kong????

BIGBAD
14th Oct 2010, 22:29
what is happening to the HOTAC ???

MrMachfivepointfive
15th Oct 2010, 05:38
What was the incident in Hong Kong????

Throttles stuck due to fuel contamination. One side idle, the other at 70% or so N1.
Touchdown @ 230kts. Stopped on the runway with fried tires and brakes.
Great job, if you ask me.

TruthHurts
15th Oct 2010, 05:45
QatarA340:
This is the one.

MrMachfivepointfive:
How can touching down at 230kts on a clear day a great job?

CX does a geart job in brain wash their pilots.

MrMachfivepointfive
15th Oct 2010, 05:49
How can touching down at 230kts on a clear day a great job?

With one engine literally failed and the other one unable to throttle up or down, touching down at any speed and staying on the runway is a great job.

PIPE RIDER
15th Oct 2010, 09:05
ja! ja! ja! I can believe that somebody is comparing QR with CX. Beginning from the top CEO and its management has given utilities to their shareholders, doesnt act like a schyzoprenic.

It is a mature airline not just an expending money experiment to take the goat all over the world.

And most of all pilots consider CX as a career airline not the step required to get a type rating or save your a.... because you have no job, or no money..

smartpilot
15th Oct 2010, 10:28
For All CX pilots, you are now flying for QR for a reason or another, so forget the past and live the present.

comparison won't do you any good, be realistic.
If I need the job, i'm taking the package!

TruthHurts
15th Oct 2010, 15:01
smartpilot:
I could not agree more.

PIPE RIDER:
The goat is feeding you and many others.

If you do not like the goat you might as well go back to the most professional airline (in your opinion) CX and let us see if CX can feed you.

Checkmate
15th Oct 2010, 15:09
I thought this was a thread about QR Management?

If you want to take a shot at Ex Cathay Pacific pilots it might be a good idea to start a new thread. If you are feeling particularly brave, make your comments on the Fragrant Harbour forum, were the real Cathay Pilots hang out.

I would be surprised if there are many ex Cathay Pacific pilots at QR?

:=:=:=

169west
15th Oct 2010, 15:12
... there is always a reason why a CX pilots are now flying the Goat! May we know it?

oryxbollocks
15th Oct 2010, 19:31
So "Truth?Hurts" and "Smart?Pilot", you applied to CX did you and were knocked back? Just what your inane comments have to do with the removal from office of the guys who were making your lives in QR more bearable I have difficulty in understanding? Unless, of course, your problem stems from what I asked in the beginning.
GB

TruthHurts
15th Oct 2010, 22:14
Applying for CX, you must be joking neither did smartpilot.

And if those guys were making your live bearable and probably all ex CX pilots, they certainly did not make our live bearable with their CX nonsense.

I think you got your answer.

coffeezone
15th Oct 2010, 22:41
We lose a capable 777 FM on a day's notice. Anyone know the replacement and what his background is?

Alcatraz69
15th Oct 2010, 23:05
Seems like he has made another record in QR !

The shortest lived FM in QR !

smartpilot
15th Oct 2010, 23:20
Mr Oryxbollocks

I never applied to CX, although my CV qualify me well, but i'm not interesting cause I have my believes that everywhere got it's own package with the negatives and positives, and comparing our status with neighbors, i'm sure that it isn't that bad here, whether u like this statement or not.

I have nothing against the former 777CP cause i don't know him, never saw him or even know how he looks like.
so don't get offended by my input, cause i never attack anyone, i only put my opinion here which is everybody's right on this network.

however i re-emphasize that CX or any other airlines terminated or layoff pilots should remember the days they spent just hopping for a job anywhere in the world! since you got the job now be thankful and have PEACE OF MIND by stop comparing or nagging.

before any further attack, i'm neither management, nor A.. K...er, i'm a simple pilot trying to be smart in life by knowing FACTS and learning from others mistakes, also i never talk S..t.

any further attacks would be ignored and would make me only laugh

airwjo
17th Oct 2010, 08:38
hey guys

am reading this thread now long enough.

look at the title of it - so?

it is not a cx forum, not a fighting against each other forum blablabla.

yes, we have some cx pilots here, yes, some of them think, they r still in cx.

yes, the management changed again, as every year and yes, right nothing changed.

the mentality here is like in the middle ages, as well is the standard in qr or lets say the whole country.

but what to do? i have to make a living, if i like it here or not.

cheers to all:ok:

shneidertrophy
17th Oct 2010, 15:23
Do your job the best you can, go home, mind your own business and cash the check at the end of the month..

Has worked for me for many years!

smartpilot
17th Oct 2010, 18:26
Scheidertrophy, u just expressed my thoughts with simpler words:D

newday
18th Oct 2010, 16:51
The good thing is departure of former A300/330/340 FM.
I belive some F/O from A330 sent a letter to ABB regarding upgrade.FM M "promised upgrade" to 2 F/O on A300-600 without command assesment.Very unusual and unprofessional from his side....By the way,these 2 F/O's were only 3 years in QA (my friend told me below average pilots in every sense).

Hajj Man
19th Oct 2010, 05:03
This is why I stopped writting on PPRUNE.

(my friend told me below average pilots in every sense)..

Well your friend is 100% wrong.The two guys who recently interviewed for command upgrade were two of the strongest pilots in recent interviews. Do you know why? On the A-300 every flight is a checkride and every layover is a visit to the Part A chapter 7 or 8 to look up a legality.

Stick and rudder skills, which you probably have 0% of, as well as book knowledge, you have 0% of that also as you have to post what your friend told you because you are unable to think for yourself, is in abundance amounst these two guys.

As another friend to you, I think your friend told you the wrong information.

HM :ok:

Tintin
19th Oct 2010, 06:34
HM :ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

Indeed we have wayyyyyyyy too many of those:ugh:

Fuklawski
19th Oct 2010, 23:54
What Cp 320 is gone? Why? :confused: The guy was a hard worker and always there for his pilots and he always go out of his way to help all pilots regardless of there fleet. Never leaves his office. One of the most active fleet manager Qr had ever seen. It's a sad sad day. Any new who replacing him?

QR UNITED 2009
20th Oct 2010, 14:26
Is this a joke ??

The guy was a hard worker and always there for his pilots and he always go out of his way to help all pilots regardless of there fleet. Never leaves his office. One of the most active fleet manager Qr had ever seen. It's a sad sad day.

THAT USLESS GUY DID NEVER STAND BEHIND HIS POLOTS !!!
HIS ANSWER WAS ALWAYS " SEND ME AN EMAIL "
O CAPT THIS IS HOW CEO WANT IT KEEP SILENT PLEASE

He stand behind his pilots ????????????????????????? ha ha ha
He can not stand behind him self !

PIPE RIDER
20th Oct 2010, 14:51
Oh !!! come on, this 320 CP was the closest to the one in 2004 K.A.K, none of them never helped any pilot, they just forward you to somebody else...the only difference is that the 2004 was never there (luckily AJ was there to help), and the just removed CP was always there....any ways the guy before him (H F) was even worse than all of the other together

Fuklawski
20th Oct 2010, 18:15
He defiantly was the best CP ever. any Airline would kill to have him. And I'm talking mega Airlines Lufthansa, BA, United. and it's a sad sad day to see him go. Who will help us (320) now with days off or to talk sense about a fleet problem. Come on guys he is a super genius CP and he is a ball of energy ALWAYS in his office, ALWAYS there when you need him. I'll miss high level of communication skills, his constant emails to keep his pilots in the loop, his constant great ideas to improve his hard working pilots and to increase there level of comfort. I think we should sign a petition to the CEO to bring him back.
I love this guy. He will be truly missed. :E

Ronaldo 330
20th Oct 2010, 20:01
Fuklawski do you need a PANADOL ?

CP A320 was never there to protect his pilots .
Did he protect Turkish Capt when BM took him to CEO and removed days off ?
What did he do to protect people who where given warning letters for no reason from CEO ?
He is not in office at all thats why BM had so much power .
This poor guy is just young and polite but he has no intentions to say NO to CEO and if you talk about backing up his pilots then that is what we need.
Was CP A320 there when one of his good Captains was framed on SIM by low quality TRE SD ?
What about F/Os who where not cleared by CEO to get upgrade ?? Did CP A320 go and put his back for them ??
What about A320 Captains who where not rransfered to w/b for more then 4 y for stupid reason like blocked by CEO did Mr CPA320 do anything about it ?

Alcatraz69
20th Oct 2010, 20:15
ok so honestly speaking ... who in your opinion can do this job the right way?

skya320
20th Oct 2010, 21:06
:ok: Ronaldo 330 said it all :ok:

Alberto 123
20th Oct 2010, 21:28
Ronaldo 330 100 % correct !

A 320 CP was not even worth to mention .
Never stud up for his pilots when bad things would happen .
He would pretend like he does know about it or he was not around .

A320 CP have fun eating nuts and dates at home this time .

newday
21st Oct 2010, 17:09
HM

On the A-300 every flight is a checkride
Not only on A300, it is on every fleet in QA my friend.
every layover is a visit to the Part A chapter 7 or 8 to look up a legality.
Very interesting, you check legality of WHAT???
HM, It looks like you missed my point: Fleet manager A300/A330/340 should treat everybody equally.
That means if there is a slot for command upgrade it should be offered by seniority.
I am only tired of comments on line about inequality and nepotism…
We will see soon,
newday

Fuklawski
21st Oct 2010, 17:42
Guys guys it's was a joke can't believe you felt for it even at the 2nd time. Did you read any of my prevues posts. Hahahahahaha. Lufthansa United hahahahahaha. We don't have any one who would qualify for these guys. The guy is polite I give him that but he shouldn't be even a passenger on an Aircraft never the less a CP. Hahahahahaha you guys are funny.
@ Ronaldo I need Vodka not Panadol to forget the last few years mate.
Safe flying to you all.

Ronaldo 330
21st Oct 2010, 17:52
Wooops you got us !!!! Right !

Nice one !

Right in LH ,BA an manager need to have uneversety degree not a pilot course in Oxford or 10 months course in USA .
Only in QR you can be CT,CP ,CF ,EVPO without anything above high school level.

Homo Ludens
21st Oct 2010, 18:35
Newday, let me tell you how it works, at least for the time beeng.
At a recent Command Upgrade course the statistics were as fallows:
- A320 pilots: approx 4.5 years in the Company
- A330 guys: 5.5 years
- B777: 5 years
- A300: 3.5 years with QR
As you can see - the fleet matters. Does it have to be like this? Who knows...

Fu(k-the-law-ski, my man, you spoiled it! I was sooo hoping you'll keep yanking their chains!
Too bad - missed opportunity! A lot of people can't recognize the sarcasm.

Cheers!

A300Man
21st Oct 2010, 19:23
Guys - this question is slightly off topic, but not sure where to ask it. Can anyone confirm if Captain Ali Bin Ali Mubarak (formerly of A300 fleet and then A330 fleet) is still with Qatar Airways? If so, what fleet is he on now?

Thanks.

AB6

Capt Krunch
21st Oct 2010, 20:18
A300Man

the man your looking for is now a B777 Capt.

Fuklawski
22nd Oct 2010, 00:23
Any news about the new 320 CP? And is the other guy still there?

A300Man
22nd Oct 2010, 04:05
Many thanks, Captain Krunch. Appreciate the feedback. I had heard that he left QR. Glad to know he's still there.

Tintin
22nd Oct 2010, 05:23
I think he left for the military

longuser
22nd Oct 2010, 09:33
Homo Ludens:
Would be interesting to know if all the candidates had the required time logged at three years. Numbers seem average for A320/300, but a bit high for A330 and B777. Did you find out Total Jet Time and if it was first shot at command? Thanks for the info.

QR UNITED 2009
22nd Oct 2010, 16:38
Last night a CSD on one flight told me that our beloving CEO was telling cabin cre how there is stupd website where they talk against him and this is directely talking against his workers as he is representing them .
Ha ha nice representing terminating ,demoting ,blacklisting,trying on girls ... . He also stated "imagine they did blacklist of my crew on that website " and this is not allowed ! ha ha
How come he forgot to mention that he is the one who is blacklisting people as if he is more then a PM ?

Well dear CEO your nice female cabin crew smille on your face and have very nice time with us pilots telling us your sick statements.

Ones CEO and if he lose the job he might be a grooming officer in Etihad but ones a Captain you get into Etihad as a Captain .Specially if you are from QR .

flykamel
22nd Oct 2010, 22:09
New British guy from Bahrain air for the 320. I agree too K let leave the CEO out of this. just to know QR United what did he do to YOU not to others? and I'm not defending any one here.

Alberto 123
23rd Oct 2010, 01:32
Guys don't you get a message from QR UN ?

Point is that problems in QR are not bad manangers in office who are in and out every one or two years .

He is right when he adress that the problem is high on 9 floor .

This is what you tell us ?
leave the CEO and the managers alone
I agree too K let leave the CEO out of this

Sorry is there any decision made in QR without CEO ?

But if you have any reson to protect him go ahead we will understand .

Ronaldo 330
23rd Oct 2010, 01:53
Both QR and Albert are right and let me explain why :

Who care any more who is in office we been around 9 y and seen it all .
Now an experianced fortune teller from QR :

QR will search around for a British buy in area maybe from Bahrain Air
and give him to run TRTO instead of old British and guy will be full of
ideas and show off for a while till he face the true and then what he will
do is already seen he will get him self A330 or B777 type rating get hours
and when a time come masalama QR in mean time he will issue a lot of new
ACN rubbish type and change few small parts in OM or part D to adjust
requirements for his friends to enter and again same old UK story .

Been there seen this just remember: RN ( boomerang) and IM or BW ......

Do you guys really see this intresting ?

Guess only a MAJOR change is called CHANGE ! :ok:

knotaloud
23rd Oct 2010, 07:35
Spot on again, Ronaldo. This is what I said many posts ago but a couple of clowns got off the topic and onto a hate campaign against another airline.
ALL....these new guys that the new CPF is bringing in (including himself, of course), will pick up a shiny new wide-body endorsement, screw around with flight ops to make out they are working on something, and then either leave or get pushed out. And as for those who defended the ex 320FM! Please, one of you, tell us what he actually DID while he was there?

shemaid
23rd Oct 2010, 16:07
who are you guys to question the wisdom of my boss?!
If not for him (AB), QR would not be where it is now.
He will change his managers as he deem fit.
Even if he change managers everyday.
He is all knowing! Look at all the cameras he's installed & the check-in/out system he's put in place at the cabin crew accomodation. Look at all the reports he's received from his beloved snitches.
He's done so many things like: ban cappucino, Evian water, nuts (i.e. premium items), inter-marriage of flt deck- cabin, etc etc. This way he has saved the company... ahh....(?)... millions...
No worries... its a seasonal thing. After this group of new management pilots he'll fire them all in a year's time then hire a set of Brits again the fire them again. As you can see there's a pattern. The tenure is 1 -1.5 years.
As for me, he loves sneaky reports, so I keep him posted about what's this new CPF's doing. Sooner or later I'll be back in management again, ready to serve. Serve your 3 days off & lots & lots of warning letters.... oh how I love doing them. I even do 'em at 4 in the morning. The same when I wrote my farewell letter to my beloved fleet.... my apologies... (boo hoo hoo...)
As for my cahoots (F/Os and Capts), just stay close my a** and you'll get the rosters you want. That's the way it is.
I'll be back!

Alcatraz69
23rd Oct 2010, 20:20
What are you smoking? can you give us some ?

Alcatraz69
23rd Oct 2010, 21:31
God forbid you will be back!

We all know what it means

QR UNITED 2009
23rd Oct 2010, 23:10
Yes it is a public forum and public should also know who is AAB and what kinda person he is . Do we want to keep his dirty sick way of leading an International Airline under table ?
One of reasons why is he still around is his way of keeping things quiet .

Please dont give guy a wrong nickname Shemaid we all know he is BM and he will stay BM . He might come back in management in frame on photo and big red cross over it .
maybe he should study cwc components for cat2/3 before sim

loc22550
24th Oct 2010, 01:55
QR United2009 :good one! expecially the first part!:D:D:D

Hajj Man
24th Oct 2010, 17:03
Captain A Bin A M is not with QR anymore. Lets just say he is flying a Globemaster somewhere.

HM:ok: