PDA

View Full Version : Required RFF for Ferry flight

737incognito
2nd Jul 2010, 08:07
Our B737 require RFF category 6 which may be degraded to 5 exceptionaly.
But if we do a ferry flight (just crew of 2) is there a way to reduce it further so that a ferry flight can be operated to a small airport?

Thanks

TCAS FAN
2nd Jul 2010, 09:15
If its in the UK, as a ferry flight, your aircraft would not require use of a licensed aerodrome and consequently no RFF need be provided. You can therefore operate to an unlicensed aerodrome with no RFF cover.

If you intend operating into a licensed aerodrome, contact the aerodrome operator and indicate that your flight does not require use of a licensed aerodrome, they may then agree to accept you with a reduced level of RFF cover.

Your insurer may however require a specified level of RFF cover is provided.

sycamore
2nd Jul 2010, 15:04
737, EGBP only has Cat 2,but give them a call(44)1285771177.,2009 mtrs ashphalt.LDA1778mtrs. Multiple gliding/para/micro activity in area,but you would be directed by BRIZE radar (mil)

Spitoon
4th Jul 2010, 18:05
I guess JAR-OPS will give you the answer from the regulatory perspective but different States and different aerodromes may have additional requirements.

737incognito
5th Jul 2010, 10:58
Spitoon,
it's not that easy. ICAO annex 14 cover it but it's directed towards airports (which RFF level if they want to handle which a/c). Also this is not commercial but ferry flight, it's one off, etc

Sycamore, thanks

TCAS FAN, any reference I can use to influence local CAA decesioun on this. It is flight to UK - Kemble

Spitoon
5th Jul 2010, 15:29
OK, 737, I guess you must be right - I don't understand enough about the subject. I always thought that Annex 14 set out the SARPs in order for an aerodrome to gain certification and to offer itself to aircraft operators. The operation of aircraft seemed to my simple mind to be governed by other regulations and, as you claim to be in Europe, I took a guess that you would be operating under JAR-OPS Part 1 (or whatever the current applicable legal text is). Of course, if you can demonstrate that this is not the case, and can operate the flight under a different code, you might have a range of other options available. I guess I can only aspire to understand such complex things.

BOAC
5th Jul 2010, 15:56
737 - what exactly is the involvement of the 'CAA'? Who has said what?