PDA

View Full Version : Going on a ferry flight?

David Clarkson
29th Jun 2001, 22:36
I would like to have first hand experience of a ferry flight ,if you are ferrying in the future and need a willing and able ppl (400hrs) along for the ride and to share expences then please drop me a line,thanx.

ClassGMaster
5th Jul 2001, 02:47
We have, over the past few years, had an increasing amount of 'ferry' traffic through Wick Airport in the north of Scotland. In the summer months we have ferry flights on almost a daily basis. Of late, most of our ferry traffic is 'going west' although we do have a lot of traffic going into europe also. If you are keen to take the trip over the atlantic, a good person to contact is Andrew Bruce of 'Far North Aviation' based at Wick Airport. He regularly deals with such flights and I am sure he would be able to put you in contact with a variety of pilots who make the trip on a regular basis. Andrew provides refueling, and all the necessaries such as fuel tank fitments etc. Give him a call on 01955 602201 (H24 as he likes to be known!) Be sure to tell him that it was a Wick ATCO who gave you the details!
All the best!