PDA

View Full Version : LPC/OPC question

channel4
29th Jun 2010, 13:27
Hi guys, can somebody confirm to me please if this post below i found is still applicable for today for UK / JAA:

25th October 2001, 03:30
An LPC is valid for one year plus the rest of the month, i.e. if the LPC was carried out on the 10th October 2001 then it is valid until the 31st October 2002. It can be revalidated within the three months prior to expiry, and still retain the original validity, i.e. if it was then revalidated on the 28th August 2002, the new expiry date would be 31st October 2003. If it is not revalidated within this period, then it can be renewed, up to five years from the expiry date.
An OPC is valid for six months from the date of the check, plus the remainder of the month. An OPC can be revalidated at the same time as an LPC.
The licence is signed for an LPC, but not for an OPC.

Airclues

Thanks for your help :ok:

welliewanger
30th Jun 2010, 00:44
That sounds like the Hong Kong rules to me (I think they were originally based on CAA / JAA.)

For the current UK lowdown, check LASORS: LASORS 2008 | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=90&appid=11&mode=detail&id=1591)

HTH

Starbear
30th Jun 2010, 08:14
There are really two answers to your question. What you outline is still true IF you work for an Operator who has the required exemption to utilise the remainder of the month but not true for an individual pilot, such as say a contractor renewing his OPC or LPC on his own. Also, if it is a brand new type rating, then that will be valid for exactly 12 months until the next renewal when the above will apply once more.

Below are a couple of extracts from the UKCAA Standards Document 24 (version 7), this is the CAA and TRE's "bible". my bolds and underlininmg, hope this helps.

Standards Document No. 24, Version 7

16.3 JAR-FCL 1.245(g):
16.3.1 ‘Compliance with EU-OPS. The revalidation requirements of JAR-FCL 1.245(b) will be met
when an applicant operating under EU-OPS fulfils the OPC requirements contained in EUOPS
1.965, and if the operator demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Authority that the
mandatory items from Appendix 2 to JAR-FCL 1.240 & 1.295 or Appendix 3 to JAR-FCL
1.240 are fulfilled during the 12 months prior to the revalidation in accordance with EU-OPS
1.965(a)(2). For this purpose the OPC shall be performed in the three months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating.’
16.3.2 If these requirements are satisfied, the Certificate of Revalidation can be signed and Form 1119 completed and forwarded to PLD.
16.3.3 ‘Any operator who wishes to make use of this provision will be required to make a suitable entry into Part D of their operations manual demonstrating how they will satisfy the FCL requirements during their OPCs. Once the assigned FOI has approved the submission the
operator may make use of the exemption.’ (Quoted from FOSCOM 3).

Standards Document No. 24, Version 7

October 2009 Page 21 of 56
16.7 Proficiency Check Validity
16.7.1 The licence Proficiency Check is valid for one year from the date of issue, or the date of expiry if revalidated within the validity period. For revalidation the check may be carried out within the three months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating.
16.7.2 Official Record Series 4 No. 765 exempts EU-OPS AOC companies to allow the validity to run to the end of the month. This exemption does not extend to pilots who also operate outside the commercial air transport arena.
16.7.3 When a pilot adds a new type to the licence, PLD will still enter a validity of exactly 12 months to the date of test. Should the company hold an exemption, SFE/TREs may make an entry on the next line of the Rating – Certificate of Revalidation, extending the validity date to the end
of the month. This action may only be taken for UK JAR licence holders.
16.7.4 Non-UK JAR Licences – Examiners are reminded that, whilst other JAR-FCL compliant states will accept tests and checks carried out by UK examiners, they may not allow National (JAA) licences to be signed by them. The examiner should confirm with the National Authority the appropriate administrative requirements.

channel4
30th Jun 2010, 08:49
that information was of great help.

thanks for your time guys!

C4:ok: