PDA

View Full Version : Borghetti Swoops

Pages : 1 [2]

bangbounceboeing
29th Nov 2010, 05:21
At the moment vb/pb/va has no real inroads to Asia, so without an asian partner airline or direct services in there own right to destinations then any growth will be hampered, with all the issues and media slaughter of qantas at the moment it would seem that the time to pounce is now????:ok:

Mr. Hat
29th Nov 2010, 07:16
Apparently the Asian partner has already been organised. Yet to be announced.

breakfastburrito
29th Nov 2010, 08:00
An extremely well healed acquaintance recently wanted to travel QF to FNQ, twice. He tried to book on the QF website & was redirected to the j* website. He will not under any circumstances travel j*. VB have now got his business. He is a cash cow, & he knows it, The $$ don't mean a zack to him, he just wants to relax with a good product, preferable business class if he can get it.

As gobbledock says, the market is ripe for the plucking. What are the managers thinking about I wonder?

Sunstar320
29th Nov 2010, 08:15
Apparently the Asian partner has already been organised. Yet to be announced.
Pretty obvious choice would be Malaysian.

Frank Burden
29th Nov 2010, 11:28
Or what about the Jetstar tie up with Air Asia being broadened to the Qantas Group given that Air Asia has whole or part ownership of airlines in Malaysia (including the long haul AirAsiaX), Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam with charter operations out of a number of other countriess?

topend3
29th Nov 2010, 12:35
QF recently announced a raft of new changes to business class domestically to align with the DJ proposed product :

"In addition to Next Generation Check-in, Qantas has made changes across the entire domestic experience with the most significant changes to the Business Class offering, both inflight and on the ground."
"Qantas invented Business Class travel in 1979. We have set standards both nationally and internationally and we're now raising the bar once again."
"The introduction of Neil Perry designed menus means our domestic Business Class offering has been aligned to that of international Business Class - it's now one premium standard."
"Qantas customers will now enjoy Neil Perry menus inflight and throughout Qantas Business Lounges, with matching wines. Our new menus are more contemporary, seasonal, and adventurous and will change weekly," added Mr Joyce.
Qantas Consulting Chef Neil Perry said the menus are market driven, fresh, delivered at a time of day appropriate to the produce and to the customer's desires.
"In our domestic Business Lounges, enhancements include a greater variety of hot meal selections, tray around snacks, such as warm marinated olives and house made savoury spiced popcorn, and a 'plate of the day' table dining service in the form of a light supper with matching wine - prepared to order," said Neil Perry.
"We have kept the food offering simple - classic with a contemporary feel and more appropriate to the time of day with great emphasis on freshness and choice. There will be comfort food - rustic apple frangipane tart, caramel chocolate and macadamia slice, a fun selection of sweet and savoury nibbles in cookie jars, a new, more adventurous selection of fresh salads, antipasto, wood fired Italian pizza, artisan breads and quality local and imported cheeses."
The inflight Business Class experience will also be more closely aligned to the international Business Class experience. Customers will be able to experience new Neil Perry designed menus, with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine panel.
In Economy Class and in Qantas Clubs, passengers will enjoy new menus influenced by Neil Perry, including premium breakfasts, a greater range of hot options, enhanced refreshments and a greater range of seasonal cheese and fruits.
The new domestic experience will mean even greater satisfaction levels for Qantas customers. Over the past twelve months Qantas has progressively introduced new ways to make the customer's journey even more enjoyable across all aspects of their travel experience.
"Qantas customers can now check-in via their mobile phone, pre-select seats, check-in and pass through premium security lanes, enjoy more food and wine and be treated to enhanced levels of service both inflight and in the lounges," said Mr Joyce.
The New Qantas Domestic Experience
Business Class
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Addition of an entrée course on trans Continent and trans Tasman flights
• Customer Service Manager hosting Business Class passengers
• Silver service in the Business Cabin
• Appropriate time of day offering (i.e. antipasto platters in the afternoon)
Qantas Business Lounges
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly
• New tray around snack service in the morning and evening
• Island dining offering a "plate of the day" with matching wine
• Appropriate time of day meal offerings and increased portion sizes
• Enhanced environment with new furnishings including Qantas signature Akira Isogawa fabric feature walls and custom lounge furniture designed specifically for Qantas
• Qantas Signature Moooi Light pendants in contrasting sizes which animate the bar area
• Enhanced environment with fresh flowers and a new scent specifically designed for Qantas by Air Aroma
• New Apple Mac technology
Economy Class
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Complimentary Bar from 4pm on all CityFlyer flights
• New premium breakfasts
• New range of hot dinners
• Enhanced refreshments and seasonal fruit
• Enhanced personal recognition for Frequent Flyers by Cabin Crew
Qantas Clubs
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly
• Signature Italian wood fired pizza
• Candy Bar
• New Apple Mac technology
• Enhanced environment with a new scent and fresh flowers

AirborneSoon
29th Nov 2010, 21:19
I've seen the 'next generation' check-in. Large banks of kiosks with scales where passengers can push their own bags down a conveyor belt after self-affixing their own tag. I'm not really convinced that's entirely what business class people want.

Less service, more DIY? I'm sure it's very convenient for the airline though to get rid of those pesky check-in staff. Just like it was super convenient for large corporations to stop answering their own phones and leaving their customers to get lost in a maze of automated PABX's that would without fail route your call to someone who would route your call back into the automated PABX.

Surely the ultimate in service now must be to have cityrail style turnstyles at the aircraft door where pax insert their boarding pass and get routed either left or right depending upon seating allocation. Meals are contained in an esky under the seat in front, grab a plastic cutlery pack at the gate before you board. Now that's a product! :E

topend3
29th Nov 2010, 23:25
I guess the big difference is that silver, gold and platinums get micro-chipped bag tags and FF cards so the process is a lot more simple. The punters down the back have to queue at the kiosks, tag their own bags, go to the scales etc...

dizzylizzy
29th Nov 2010, 23:36
@ AirbourneSoon: You'll find that there is a dedicated Premium Checkin desk which Business/Premium pax are invited to checkin the classic way. Also you'll find that Pax are encouraged to scan their own PED (when using mobile checkin) and own FF card at gate lounge boarding. Cabincrew only to handle the paper tickets, so I'd imagine turn-stall's are on their way.

CharlieLimaX-Ray
1st Dec 2010, 05:41
Virgin are sponsering the Gold Coast Suns as per article in today's Age.

Not all the AFL teams are happy about Virgin being the official AFL carrier, mentions issue with flights to WA and OH&S issues for the foootballers.

biton
1st Dec 2010, 06:07
Virgin Blue carries about 10 per cent of Australia's domestic travellers.

And I stopped reading after I got to this bit. If the Journo can't do a google search may I suggest that she is simply regurgitating someone else's BS.

piston broke again
1st Dec 2010, 11:24
Yes almost choked on that one too. I didn't think seat pitch between Q and V was all that dissimilar. Maybe on 737-700 it's more pronounced. Anyone know the numbers?

Jabiman
1st Dec 2010, 22:27
List of largest airlines in Oceania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_airlines_in_Oceania#By_Number_of_Passengers)
First 9 months of this year:

1http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Flag_of_Australia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Australia) Qantas Group (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Qantas_Group)31,674,000 (Jan - Sep)
2http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/Flag_of_Australia.svg/22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Australia) Virgin Blue (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Virgin_Blue) and Pacific Blue (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Pacific_Blue_(airline))14,199,243 (Jan - Sep)

piston broke again
7th Dec 2010, 23:11
why the long face seabiscuit....? where'd the last msgs go?

GAFA
8th Dec 2010, 01:41
Picture on jetspotter.com shows VUY is all white.

Mr. Hat
11th Dec 2010, 09:00
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5045/5242652830_c14c6386ea_b.jpg

From Puget Sound website:

December 05, 2010 3:23 PM

Anonymous said...
There will be no new scheme on VH-VUY nor VH-VUZ. The first FACTORY aircraft with the new scheme will be VH-YFC.

VH-VUY and VUZ will be painted all white with no titles and deliver as such. A Virgin Blue decal will be applied at Brisbane and they will both enter service as such.

The rebranding has not yet been finalised but the name will likely to dropped in favour of something else and the new airline will of course feature a fresh livery as well.

Source: Virgin Blue ops.

Another photo here on flikr
Virgin Blue VH-VUY | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/65483667@N00/5249696787/in/photostream/)

standard unit
12th Dec 2010, 21:23
It's timely to revisit an earlier post about an EX QF GM rumoured to be heading to Virgin Blue.........

If you are referring to Roger Lindemann he'll be an enormous coup for VB.

No one who ever met him [in whatever capacity] could ever come a way less than impressed. He was loved by his staff who shed many a tear when he left LA.

An EX QF GM who had the ability to "bring his staff with him" rather than stand behind them with a stick.

That type where once a rare species at Qantas.

Now they are extinct, eh Lisley ???

and this.......

Yeah, one of nature's true Gentlemen who you just instinctively knew was of sound moral character.

I watched him take the opportunity to address a whole crew of senior [LA direct type] cabin crew a few years ago in the terminal during a delay situation.

He needn't have done so for any operational reason but chose to do so anyway.

In three minutes he left them feeling like valued employees who in turn acted on the way home as if they were so...........

No patronising, no grand standing just a man of deep personal integrity and decency.

The contrast between him and the sociopaths running the company now couldn't be more stark.

Eh, Lisley ????

Qantas managers head for the exit (http://www.smh.com.au/business/qantas-managers-head-for-the-exit-20101212-18u2u.html)

Perhaps not heading for the exit but rather jumping a sinking ship.........

Mr. Hat
13th Dec 2010, 00:17
They return fire though..

from the same article:
In what is regarded as a retaliatory move, Qantas has poached Virgin Blue's former head of government relations, Tony Wheelens. He left the airline on Friday to become a government relations manager at Qantas, reporting to Rob Wood, the head of government and international relations.

standard unit
13th Dec 2010, 00:24
Gaining a couple of useless spin doctors in exchange for decades of quality international operational experience ??

Yes.

Very much the Qantas way.........:ugh:

piston broke again
13th Dec 2010, 04:52
Segment of Hans Hulsbosch talking to the Australian newspaper...

While he won’t go into details, the airline’s trademark red livery will remain. “It’s a good colour. It has attitude and the brand needs that.” The rebranding will be revealed in the new year.

ETOPS-180
13th Dec 2010, 08:22
I very much doubt that Piston my old boy.......the only red will be in the name some where...may be in the "V" :D

Seriously
13th Dec 2010, 09:59
Expect purple to be in there somewhere...

Section28- BE
13th Dec 2010, 10:10
How does that 'Red' handle the UV down here ??????

Mr. Hat
13th Dec 2010, 10:13
Red is crap - it fades and goes chalky. Shows age.

On the other hand the last thing the travelling public want is another V Australia qantas look. God, who made that decision!

vorky
13th Dec 2010, 10:42
Considering some of the options they had ... anything from the current Virgin Blue Livery (of which plenty 777 model aircraft seem to have been produced in this livery before the current VA livery was finalised), copies of the Australian Airlines livery (the shortlived Qantas offshoot, not the original - indigenous styling), Ocean-esque ones (lots of blue wavy lines - reminded me of Boeing's livery more than anything), etc.

So the silver one came out of nowhere and wasn't in the mockup document that was making the rounds ... I found it very amusing that it copied the Qantas livery in a round about way. No matter how much it was compared to the darker silver used on the Virgin Atlantic aircraft.

Either way its very attractive, but with the direction Qantas Freight is going with the blank tail ... I hope to hell Virgin <insert name here> goes with something a little more original. The temporary decals will look rather bizarre on VUY and VUZ until YFC is delivered.

Section28- BE
13th Dec 2010, 10:47
the last thing the travelling public want is another V Australia qantas look. God, who made that decision! Was it not Brett/& or one of his 'Mates' in the primary sense on his behalf.................?????

And, or a training centre that you/I couldn't achieve in a more removed locality from an airport????

Cactusjack
13th Dec 2010, 10:55
Was it not Brett/& or one of his 'Mates' in the primary sense on his behalf.................?????
And, or a training centre that you/I couldn't achieve in a more removed locality from an airport????

Aagh yes. The legend lives on. All the above decisions were scribbled down on a beer coaster which got smudged perhaps ?

On a positive note JB has implemented a new 'managers must wear a tie rule'. No more open neck shirts. Could be dangerous as most managers already have a deficient amount of oxygen circulating through to their brains, so watch out for more odd funky decisions and announcements as a result !

Section28- BE
13th Dec 2010, 11:05
Cactus

Any laces in their footwear???

Cactusjack
13th Dec 2010, 11:12
Definitely not. Most likely they will wear lace free 'New & Lingwood Russian Calf Shoes', along with a silk Ascot cravat for those special meetings at Ergonomic Central.

Section28- BE
13th Dec 2010, 11:25
Aagh, yeah riight............ yeah right..... 10 years- evolution hu, tis a buggar waiting isn't it...........

Cravat, you say- maybe Master Chief is on the way for Ergonomic Central.

Buy the way, did they manage to sell/shift that when they were trying a while ago?????

Mr. Hat
13th Dec 2010, 11:31
Sounds like some discipline is turning up Cactus.

New uniforms and a paint job will only take you so far. Stealing/attracting/poaching business class passengers requires a complete rework of the culture/attitude.

Chewing gum, high-viz vests and loud radios at the gate might be the next casualty hey.:ooh:

Cactusjack
13th Dec 2010, 11:39
Chewing gum, high-viz vests and loud radios at the gate might be the next casualty hey.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/icon25.gif

They too are on the list.
All radio's will quietly pipe the soothing tones of Jose Gonzalez and Barry Manilow to relax the 'guests', high vis vests will be replaced with crocodile skin vests and the chewing of gum will be replaced by the subtle sucking on All Day Gobstoppers. I even hear the funky ergonomic chairs in The Village will be replaced with some of those Xmas Gift 2004 Beach Chairs !!

VBPCGUY
13th Dec 2010, 16:42
RED doesnt handle it funny that came up I was only looking at VUK (fairly new aircraft) the other week and its paint is horrible.

greenslopes
13th Dec 2010, 21:13
VBPCGUY :"RED doesnt handle it funny that came up I was only looking at VUK",

Struth, are you imbibing in a few too many Reds? .......... what does that sentence mean?

Agreed, quite a few of the VB Fleet are looking extremely tired, however why spend money on exteriors which will be repainted inside of four months.

tasdevil.f27
13th Dec 2010, 22:48
Those Virgin America style decals will go nicely with those all white aircraft :}

ETOPS-180
13th Dec 2010, 22:59
Yea will look good with the words "Virgin Pacific" or " V Pacific" on the aircraft.....:mad:

Mr. Hat
14th Dec 2010, 06:10
From travelmole.com

14 December, 2010

Is Virgin Blue the next Star in the sky? (http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1145585.php?mpnlog=1)

There is mounting speculation that Virgin Blue is preparing the ground to join the Star Alliance.

CEO John Borghetti’s was present at the Star CEOs' meeting in Queenstown, New Zealand on Monday and later told Air Transport World, "There's a chance for Virgin Blue to look at everything.

"We've got a lot on at the moment and we're evaluating everything, and I mean everything, and certainly as we go forward we'll see where that leads.”

Borghetti said he expects a decision “pretty quickly.”

Star has had no Australian partner since the 2002 collapse of Ansett.

Air New Zealand and Virgin Blue are currently working to persuade the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to reverse its draft ruling and approve their proposed trans Tasman alliance.

7378FE
14th Dec 2010, 06:49
Seems like the right idea, If the Delta thing falls through, then they would have United, Air New Zealand, Singapore & All Nippon voting for their inclusion into Star Alliance.

Sunstar320
14th Dec 2010, 06:49
I can see the relationship with SQ growing, and it could be quite interesting with Tiger also involved here. A DJ/SQ/TT force up against JQ/QF?, the next 5 years are certainly going to be quite interesting.

Chocks Away
14th Dec 2010, 08:40
Affirm Sunstar, yes it would play many deals... with one hand, indeed! Nice move!

Finally someone smart at the helm who knows the Industry AND has management depth in it, it's far reaches and knows the importance of alliances.

You can't teach "accountants" the lessons learned from past decades of Aviation's ebbs and flows.

Chewing gum, high-viz vests and loud radios at the gate might be the next casualty hey.
The International ground support sub-contractors will be on different uniforms to differentiate themselves from the VB Group (read: too many complaints going to PB/Poly/VB re their customer handling/stuff-ups).

my oleo is extended
14th Dec 2010, 08:46
Finally someone smart at the helm who knows the Industry AND has management depth in it, it's far reaches and knows the importance of alliances.
You can't teach "accountants" the lessons learned from past decades of Aviation's ebbs and flows.
Agreed !
10 years too late. But better late than never and at least JB has his 'aviation goggles' on. He is a thinker and unlike previous buffoons within the DJ ranks Il Deuce will be thinking ahead about tomorrow, next year and 3 years down the track, not living from day to day and making monumental stupid fanciful decisions which sound glossy on the day and then turn parlous overnight.

And from today's news, a possible update for future uniform idea's seeing that it is a hot topic at present -

Branson to serve as air stewardess after losing bet
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/101214/branson_300_16gdjdr-16gdjds.jpg

Billionaire Virgin Airlines chairman, Sir Richard Branson, has promised to dress in drag and serve passengers as a female flight attendant aboard an Air Asia X flight after losing a bet with Tony Fernandes, the chief executive of the low-cost airline.
According to reports, the two businessmen bet each other on which of their Formula One teams would finish higher in this year's constructors' championship.
Neither Sir Richard's Virgin Racing or Mr Fernandes' Lotus F1 team scored a single point in 2010. Mr Fernandes won the bet by virtue of better finishing positions.
Fernandes confirmed Branson's wager defeat on his Twitter account, saying that he would be working a flight steward shift on February 21 on an Air Asia X's flight between London Stansted and Kuala Lumpur.
The bet stipulated that Sir Richard wear heels, make-up and a red dress and also conduct lavatory cleaning duties.
The aircraft seats will reportedly be auctioned, with the proceeds going to the charity of Sir Richard's choice.
No stranger to women's clothing, Sir Richard famously donned a white wedding dress in 1996 for the launch of the now-defunct Virgin Brides and wore a dress at the unveiling of Vie, Virgin's range of cosmetics and toiletries.

He actually looks like a QF mainline Hostie !!
Watch out Pit Crew.....

Mr. Hat
14th Dec 2010, 09:15
I can see the relationship with SQ growing, and it could be quite interesting with Tiger also involved here. A DJ/SQ/TT force up against JQ/QF?, the next 5 years are certainly going to be quite interesting.

Sunstar when I read your post I heard a great big penny drop. JB's been in Singapore quite a bit this year from memory. The talk of the Virgin name not being used due to SQ restrictions suddenly disappeared overnight. Could it be that the asian partner is in fact SQ.

If ANZ + Delta and then SQ went through I do think it might raise the attention from the QF group who stated earlier this year "we couldn't be any more confident than we already are".

my oleo is extended
14th Dec 2010, 09:25
SQ has been shadowing Aus aviation for at least 12 years now or more, patiently waiting to get a proper foot in the door. There is an old saying Mr Hat -'slowly slowly catch the monkey'. SQ are one of the most 'patient' airlines I have ever been involved with, and who know's, maybe something big is afoot ? It wouldn't surprise me as they do not like The Rat poking around in their backyard, never have liked it. Tiger in AUS is more of a 'testing of the waters' and a not subtle reminder to QF that SQ is alive and well.
Speaking of QF, many QF and JQ execs have been spending a LOT of time in Singapore in recent months working on setting up multiple JQ franchises throughout Asia. I think the next 12 months will be interesting for Australian aviation.......and so the cycle continues.

unionist1974
15th Dec 2010, 01:18
i know JB from his days in the mail room at QF , I was just finishing my apprenticeship , a good bloke and he never forgot his roots .Many years later , we were struggling with an issue with our managment that was quite petty , On the offchance I gave him a call and he had it fixed in a flash , he also came to our workshop and said hello to all the guys . We were all pi88ed of when he was overlooked for theCEO of QF . Best wishes John

Virgin Musthave
15th Dec 2010, 04:12
Borghetti still has his work cut out for him.
He has to get rid of Jardine (ex check-in agent), Grioli (ex factory boy) and Daley (ex cabin crew) before the place prgresses.You need proper managers in those roles that are presently filled by idiots. I am dissapointed that John is yet to see this or has he been succered in by their fake charm and abilties because they are making him look foolish and the last thinj John needs is to end up being compared to the biggest fool of all - Godfrey.
Good luck to you John.

porch monkey
15th Dec 2010, 04:40
Patience. The changes will come. He's only been the chief for a few months. You can't just cut all your management for new in a short period in a company this size. Il Duce is no fool, the incompetents will get their appropriate rewards.

Sunstar320
15th Dec 2010, 07:39
Virgin Australia.

Well, they are trying to use it..

David and Goliath (http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8182851)

Dragun
15th Dec 2010, 09:01
Wow, if that isn't a sign of the new branding will be I don't know what is!

VBPCGUY
20th Dec 2010, 06:53
Looks like VUY will be getting a special livery:D

snakeslugger
20th Dec 2010, 08:20
Oh do tell VBPCGUY...

F111
20th Dec 2010, 09:03
Gold Coast Suns?????

Goldfishinabowl
29th Dec 2010, 11:07
Saw VUY taking off at LST today, looked "pure".

AirborneSoon
30th Dec 2010, 03:56
VUY does have a "special" livery, it's all white with no markings except a rego on the side. :rolleyes: Yep definately something to get excited about there.

Cactusjack
30th Dec 2010, 08:23
VUY does have a "special" livery, it's all white with no markings except a rego on the side. :rolleyes: Yep definately something to get excited about there.

Like a whale's penis !!

Tidbinbilla
30th Dec 2010, 09:06
Jeez, it's getting hard here. Are we talking about Borghetti, or plane spotters' topics? :ugh:

Keep your knob to yourself, Cactus.....

VBPCGUY
19th Jan 2011, 01:20
A few updates on VB aircraft liveries VUY gets the AFL decals 21st of Jan VUM is back out and about and still has Pacific Blue on the horizontal stabiliser but Pacific Blue on the fuse is gone and has been replaced by 'Airline Of Virgin Blue' on the forward fuse around the front hold door area in large letters, and pretty sure VUF will end up the same around the 25th of Jan.

Also VUZ has completed its first test flight and will also be delivered all white http://boeing-test-flights.********.com/2011/01/vh-vuz-b737-8fe-virgin-blue-first.html

Virgin Musthave
20th Jan 2011, 04:43
More trouble for the village idiots. CASA has smashed VB with a record 50 RCA`s. Most are related to none other than Grioli and Jardine'sdepartments and their shameful lack of ability. Sean had better remove hem soon before they screw up the a330 program even more which is already a basketcase with nobody managing the program correctly and it is behind schedule. How can we possibly add this aircraft type AND turboprops correctly while being belted around for non compliance issues ??
Pathetic

tourismman
20th Jan 2011, 07:41
VBPCGUY Those Pacific Blue machines are the ones that operate to Indonesia,the Indonesian Govt now require them to have Virgin Blue somewhere on the aircraft as all approvals were given to Virgin Blue to operate the flights so they need to have their name on the plane .Nothing to do with rebranding.

captwawa
20th Jan 2011, 08:19
and i guess QANTAS is soaring along without any issues.

VBPCGUY
22nd Jan 2011, 16:45
VUY is looking GOOD:D

1a sound asleep
22nd Jan 2011, 17:13
The ************ colours look great and I love the new name

flamingmoe
22nd Jan 2011, 22:02
What did they do with it?

VBPCGUY
22nd Jan 2011, 22:18
Moe,

Full AFL livery, team emblems around the L1 and R1 doors its BIG and BOLD and out to rub it in QF's face, it looks **** hot:D

piston broke again
23rd Jan 2011, 00:41
VBPCGUY, Any photos? Or is it not out of the hangar yet?

VBPCGUY
23rd Jan 2011, 00:46
Its 60% finished, should be out tomorrow (24th)

flamingmoe
23rd Jan 2011, 01:07
I thought it might have been a blank canvas for the new livery...any idea when the new product may be launched?

1a sound asleep
23rd Jan 2011, 02:01
Rumour is the new Virgin ##### AFL machine will leave MEL at 07:05 arriving ADL 07:55 as DJ 211

Skystar320
23rd Jan 2011, 02:01
I thought it might have been a blank canvas for the new livery

It is............

vorky
23rd Jan 2011, 08:58
Sneak peek of the AFL livery has been posted on Virgin Blue's FB group. Looks s**t hot.

piston broke again
23rd Jan 2011, 09:40
http://l32.sphotos.l3.fbcdn.net/hphotos-l3-snc6/hs054.snc6/168459_488328386989_94622926989_6697115_4329882_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2765831&id=94622926989)

Chadzat
23rd Jan 2011, 09:41
subtle.......

inandout
23rd Jan 2011, 09:47
Looks crap, a real let down, they have made it look cheap when I thought they were trying to go up market- hell what next.

The Bunglerat
23rd Jan 2011, 09:57
To be fair, the pic doesn't show much of anything except the AFL logo. As such, I'll reserve my judgment until I see it in its entirety.

Capt Basil Brush
23rd Jan 2011, 10:55
VBPCGUY Those Pacific Blue machines are the ones that operate to Indonesia,the Indonesian Govt now require them to have Virgin Blue somewhere on the aircraft as all approvals were given to Virgin Blue to operate the flights so they need to have their name on the plane .Nothing to do with rebranding.

And apparently the check-in boards and departure gate boards at DPS now say Virgin Blue rather than Pacific Blue. Very interesting.

captwawa
23rd Jan 2011, 11:03
Anyone got pics of the new uniforms for all crew?

Seen a few samples but nothing definite.

I for one am not that impressed with the AFL logo - looks like more of the same.

!!sigh!!

VBPCGUY
23rd Jan 2011, 11:16
1a its operating MEL-ADL-OOL-ADL-MEL-ADL-MEL-ADL-MEL tomorrow.