PDA

View Full Version : John Isaacs and Tony Bingelis.

TwoDeadDogs
26th Jun 2001, 22:50
Hello all.
I see from the latest PFA mag that two of the greats have passed on.There can be few individuals who have given so much to the cause of light aviation.Perhaps the yellow press could be shown the achievements of these gentlemen,instead of the usual tripe they publish about GA.
Rest in peace.
TDD

Red Spitfire Driver
27th Jun 2001, 17:32
Very sad that John Isaacs has gone to that great hangar in the sky. He used to live down the road from my parent.
If anyone would like to read about his exploits try to find 'Aeroplane Affair' An Aeronautical Autobiography by John O Isaacs pub 1988.
If I remember correctly he had the outline of a Spitfire entwined with his house number.

Bye John, thanks for a good read.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
27th Jun 2001, 18:30
I remeber a bit from 'Aeroplane Affair' wher John is in the back seat of a 2-seat Spitfire being flown by Viv Bellamy. His only view of Viv was the back of his head trough a hole in the panel where an instrument should have been. The Spit's engine stopped just after take off, and John recounts just how much one can deduce from the back of someone's head - the initial surprise, then the realisation that it's happenend, then the frantic "what the hell's happened" as Viv's hands and eyes whizzed around the cockpit 'till he found the cause - a fuel mis-selection - then the releief whenthey were happily climbing away again.

SSD