PDA

View Full Version : World Cup results

veloo maniam
28th Jun 2010, 12:13
With todays high tech comm equipment at our fingertips,
why do pilots ask for latest world cup results. No problem in giving them.Just love to. Just curious when they mention pax wants to know.:ok:

throw a dyce
28th Jun 2010, 12:24
Don't think the pilot taking Engerland home today will be asking.:E

Denti
28th Jun 2010, 13:27
Our company sends out half time and final results about every game to every plane via ACARS, but especially on games with your own team that is simply not enough. The other option we have is listen to radio transmissions about the game on our ADFs or HF, but it is not always possible to receive one in a language you can understand. Easiest way of course is simply to ask, or listen on guard for results (at least that seems to work in europe).

It is not only us pilots being interested, it is more about providing the information to passengers to prevent a riot on board.

eagleflyer
28th Jun 2010, 19:47
funny comments on GUARD! :)

Pilot1: Germany2, England nil.

GUARD Police: Thatīs an emergency frequency!

Pilot2, very british: If Germany leads 2-0 it IS an emergency!

:D

Lon More
29th Jun 2010, 11:59
Don't think the pilot taking Engerland home today will be asking.

Rumour had it that the flight would be diverted to Glasgow because they would get a much friendlier reception, but that it was later diverted to Belfast due water on the runway as a result of everyone in Scotland p:mad:ing themselves laughing..

Anything important always seemed to be phoned through to the Sup. and put on the CCTV

Minesthechevy
29th Jun 2010, 13:21
Why did the chicken cross the road? According to Fifa, it didn't cross the road.

bigjames
29th Jun 2010, 15:00
i thought that was what pireps were for...
in canada during the hockey playoffs, hockey scores are regurlarly announced. even on overnight trips across the pond. those who care could not sleep if they did not know anyway...

Quintilian
30th Jun 2010, 02:34
I got The Question last night, but had to tell him that I had no clue since I don't watch football... He wasn't impressed. :P

SINGAPURCANAC
30th Jun 2010, 06:30
Sentence:
"HOLLAND HAS JUST LOST" ,:E

I had a honor to announce it once.
Of course with background noises,and crews that are eager to know it.
Sydney summer Olympic Games,2000.
Voleyball,final. Great moment.One of....
:ok: