PDA

View Full Version : Intensive PPL

james_m91
24th Jun 2010, 21:05
Hi,

Does anybody know anywhere that is good for an intense ppl course in the uk?

I've got about 40 hours under my belt but my flying school at present are currently 'messing' me about so i would just like to go somewhere and get it done asap.

Thanks

Ryan5252
25th Jun 2010, 01:37
What are you talking about?? If you have '40 hours under your belt' why are you looking for an intense course? Why can you not go to any other school under the sun, do 5 hours and book a skills test?

are currently 'messing' me about What does this mean?

Does anybody know anywhere that is good for an intense ppl course in the uk?
Loads; 'the UK' is a big place.

Catch yourself on.

HercFeend
25th Jun 2010, 02:33
Unfortunately you'll come across plenty of folk on here with similar attitudes to that :(

Whats at Robin Hood / Finningley in Donny? Just get on-line mate and search around for flying schools in your area - that's what I just did.....and I'm on the other side of the world.

As for recommendations someone might be in your area and have some good local knowledge.......

Say again s l o w l y
25th Jun 2010, 09:16
Which part of the country are you in?

Any decent school should be able to get you ready for test (well, depending on your capabilities of course.)

How are your school mucking you around? Bear in mind that 45 hours is not a given for anyone to get a licence in.

7of9
25th Jun 2010, 10:36
try Sandtoft, it's about 20 miles from Sheffield.
I did my Full PPL from there no probs & did it all from scratch in 7 months.

Trev

Whirlybird
25th Jun 2010, 11:22
I've heard good things about Netherthorpe, and it's a very friendly place and not far from Sheffield. Extremely short runways, so you may need a bit of extra training if you're not used to that, but it won't do you any harm in the long run!

Where are you flying now?