PDA

View Full Version : Group flying near Derby

Airprox
20th Jun 2001, 17:01
Hi, I'm looking to buy a share in an Auster or something like that. If anyone knows of a group around please post it or e mail me.

Alternatively if you want to set up a group post me.

------------------
AP

QNH 1013
21st Jun 2001, 00:45
Airfields to try are Tatenhill, nr Burton and Netherthorpe, nr Sheffield. Tatenhill is 20mins by road from Derby and Netherthorpe is about 45 mins by road. There is a group with an Auster, G-AJIT, in hangar 1 at Netherthorpe and at least one Aeronica group plus several Jodel groups there. There are always some shares for sale on the notice board in the main clubhouse at Netherthorpe. Share prices range from about £2500 to about £8000 (the latter for one of the fast tourers in the top hangar).
Can't remember what shares are on the board at present at Tatenhill but I think there were two group shares advertised there last weekend.

Sleeve Wing
22nd Jun 2001, 21:26
Hi Airprox.
You don't mention where you're based ?
EMA maybe ? If so, couple of choices.

Derby has its own airfield (still!)
Although Burnaston has long gone, there's a new (bit small!) strip about 6nm.SW of Derby. Quite a good club there, I believe.

If you're south of EMA, where better than Leicester East, near Stoughton village, home of the Leics.Aero Club.
Lots of Austers there - all given their TLC by Ron Neal( Mr.Auster !!)
Give 'em both a try. Good luck.

Sleeve.

Airprox
26th Jun 2001, 15:35
Sorry Sleevewing, I'm based out of BHX now. Used to be based in EMA. Live next to EMA hence looking for a group near home.

Thanks for your replies QNH and Sleevewing I'll check them out.

------------------
AP