PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Air Regulation Qs

matthewgamm
21st Jun 2010, 18:34
The following Qs have different answers, which is why I would appreciate if some of you who have recently appeared for this exam, could help me figure out the correct answer.

1. While transiting from quadrental system to semicircular system, the a/c should:
a. Descend by 500 feet
b. Climb by 500 feet

2. While transiting from semicircular system to quadrental system, the a/c should:
a. Descend by 500 feet
b. Climb by 500 feet

3. VFR flights outside controlled airspace at height above 5,000 feet should not be carried out if the visibility falls below:
a. 8 km
b. 5 km

4. In India, the ATS Routes are classifies as
a. Class D
b. Class F
c. Class C

5. At an aerodrome, the aerobatics can be carried out above 6,000 feet
a. Beyond 2 nm of nearest perimeter of aerodrome
b. Within 2 nm of nearest perimeter of aerodrome

6. When approaching to land on a flat, darkened or flat snow covered surface, the approach might appear to be
a. High
b. Shallow

7. The minimum vertical clearance between 2 a/c below FL290 is
a. 1,000 feet
b. 2,000 feet

8. On an IFR flight plan, but in VMC, you have comm. failure. You should
a. Proceed according to flight plan
b. Maintain VMC and land at the nearest aerodrome
c. Maintain VMC and land at the most convenient aerodrome

9. Above what height, the flight levels are to be used in India
a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet

10. An a/c can fly over a danger area
a. With the permission of ATC
b. Out side the stipulated time

11. Over an aerodrome, aerobatic flights are permitted above height of
a. 2,000 feet
b. 6,000 feet

12. Reciprocal traffic above FL290 will have a minimum separation of
a. 1,000 feet
b. 2,000 feet

13. At an uncontrolled aerodrome, a fresh flight plan is required if a flight is delayed by more than
a. 30 minutes
b. 1 hour

Many thanks.

spreading_wings
22nd Jun 2010, 06:25
1. While transiting from quadrental system to semicircular system, the a/c should:
a. Descend by 500 feet
b. Climb by 500 feet

--> descend 500feet (track 090-179M and 270-359M, else no change)

2. While transiting from semicircular system to quadrental system, the a/c should:
a. Descend by 500 feet
b. Climb by 500 feet

--> climb 500feet (track 090-179M and 270-359M, else no change)

3. VFR flights outside controlled airspace at height above 5,000 feet should not be carried out if the visibility falls below:
a. 8 km
b. 5 km

--> 5km

4. In India, the ATS Routes are classifies as
a. Class D
b. Class F
c. Class C

-->Class D

a. Beyond 2 nm of nearest perimeter of aerodrome
b. Within 2 nm of nearest perimeter of aerodrome

--> within 2NM of nearest perimeter of aerodrome

6. When approaching to land on a flat, darkened or flat snow covered surface, the approach might appear to be
a. High
b. Shallow

--> high

a. 1,000 feet
b. 2,000 feet

--> 1000feet

a. Proceed according to flight plan
b. Maintain VMC and land at the nearest aerodrome
c. Maintain VMC and land at the most convenient aerodrome

--> maintain VMC and land at nearest suitable airport

a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet

--> above Transition Altitude (which varies from 4000' to 23000' !) , my guess is 4000' is the answer.

a. With the permission of ATC
b. Out side the stipulated time

--> Outside the stipulated time

a. 2,000 feet
b. 6,000 feet

--> 6000feet

a. 1,000 feet
b. 2,000 feet

--> 1000feet

13. At an uncontrolled aerodrome, a fresh flight plan is required if a flight is delayed by more than
a. 30 minutes
b. 1 hour

--> 30mins for controlled flight, 1 hr for uncontrolled flight.

matthewgamm
22nd Jun 2010, 09:33
@spreading_wings, thanks.

Here's what I have for answers:

1. b
2. a
3. a
4. b
5. a
8. a
9. b
10. a

Somebody kindly confirm what the correct answers are.

avalanche007
22nd Jun 2010, 10:55
the answers given by spreading wings do match my answers so i wont repeat them
however will repeat just one question which i feel answer shud be different

a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet

the lowest flight level in india can be 5000 so i wud prefer that as a option and am sure that wud be one of the option
however if we need to choose from the given options then will go for 5500

rest other answers are perfectly fine

spreading_wings
22nd Jun 2010, 15:29
like i said.. I have doubts only in the 9th one... rest all are correct..and I have verified them now from the book!

Happy Landings!

LOFT
22nd Jun 2010, 19:27
Ans b. Climb by 500 feet - because the semi circular system is above the quadrantal, so the aircraft has to climb for going from Quad to Semi.

Ans a. Descend by 500 feet - Semi circular system is above Quad, so the aircraft has to Descend for going from Semi to Quad.

Ans b. 5 km For Class F and G. For Class B,C,D&E it is 8km if at or above FL 100 or 5km if below FL 100.

4. In India, the ATS Routes are classified as
Ans b. Class F - ATS Routes are classified under Class F in which Advisory service is provided to IFR flights and Flight Information Service to all flights if requested.

Ans b. Within 2 nm of nearest perimeter of aerodrome - and minimum 2000ft agl at all other places.

Ans a. High - if you are a good pilot thats how you would actually feel, if not then it would really not matter how you feel up there. :cool:

Ans a. 1,000 feet - it is between 2 reciprocal ifr flights, it is 500 for a reciprocal ifr and a vfr flight.

Ans b. Maintain VMC and land at the nearest aerodrome - but if in IMC continue as per flight plan....

And a. 4,000 feet - the lowest transition altitude in India is 4000ft and lowest flightlevel is FL 50. Cant recollect the name of this place but will put it up as soon as i remember it.:ok:

Ans b. Out side the stipulated time - Such times are notified byNOTAM's The effect of the notification of the Danger Area is to caution aircraft operators/pilots that it is necessary for them to avoid it for the safety of the aircraft when the areas are active. This type of area is indicated by the letter (D) preceded by two letter designator of the FIR and followed by a number e.g. VE(D)-72, indicates Danger Area No. 72 in Calcutta FIR.

Ans b. 6,000 feet - as mentioned in question 5.

Ans b. 2,000 feet - between FL290 upto FL460.

Ans a. 30 minutes . even if its the alternate that you are diverting to.

All the best :ok:

spreading_wings
23rd Jun 2010, 05:42
@LOFT
apart from the corrections mentioned above.... I would also comment on the first two questions. I cannot seem to understand the reason given by you.... In any case I have verified it from the text (The Great Air Regs book by Wg Cdr Bali), and your answer seems opposite.
It would be great if you could explain how you came to this theory of semi circular above quadrantal, just to update my concepts, if reqd!

@everyone else....For the last question on flight plan, I could only find distinction of an uncontrolled and controlled "flight". How do we possibly link it with an uncontrolled aerodrome?

@matthewgamm
Have you cleared the DGCA exam already?

Although each one of us try to give the best and correct answer, it would be best if you went through the book too, because DGCA is a different game!
Goodluck!

matthewgamm
23rd Jun 2010, 05:54
Thanks, all. But, this is where I am stuck. Some of you say one thing, while somebody else says another.

Could somebody post the correct answers?

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 07:57
@matthewgamm (http://www.pprune.org/members/196794-matthewgamm) : dont get confused my friend, here is the explanation.

Q 12)
In RVSM airspace from FL290 to FL 410, separation is 2000ft for non rvsm ac transitioning the airspace from a higher to a lower FL and 1000ft for rvsm approved aircrafts.
RVSM is not applicable all over india, there are specific regions for it. The Indian airspace is upto FL 460, Since the question only mentions above FL290 and nothing about RVSM, the correct and more generalised answer is 2000ft.

Still for your confirmation Refer Doc 4444 5.2.a which states,
a) a nominal 300 m (1 000 ft) below FL 290 and a nominal 600m (2 000 ft) at or above this level.
This is exactly what the DGCA is looking for.

Q 13)
Refer Doc 4444
4.4.2.1.2 In the event of a delay of 30 minutes in excess of the estimated off-block time for a controlled flight or a delay of one hour for an uncontrolled flight for which a flight plan has been submitted, the flight plan should be amended or a new flight plan submitted and the old flight plan cancelled, whichever is applicable.

I would select 30 mins considering the question to be regarding a Controlled Flight (Scheduled or Non Scheduled) even if the aerodrome is uncontrolled.

Q 4)
Refer AIP ENR 2.1.1 which states
Airspace within ATS route segment is classified as ‘F’.
So the correct answer is F.

@itsbrokenagain (http://www.pprune.org/members/124167-itsbrokenagain)
1) Thankyou for verifying the post.

2) Knowledge is not spitted out, it is shared, and thats what i am doing, any body can correct me if am wrong with my answers.

3)By the phrase "even if its the alternate that you are diverting to."
i meant that after departure if you divert to an alternate, the 30 min rule still applies, i hope you get it now. Its a good to know information with respect to the question asked.

4) Google is your friend and not mine. I depend on books, AIP and CAR, i suggest even you do so.

5) Quote "I only looked at this one answer, and totally discredited the rest of your post... others should too..sorry"......
Well do you have some sort of fan following on pprune that everybody should follow you...

I would appreciate if you could stick to pointing out any further discrepencies in the answers and restrict yourself to it without making any generalised comments.:=

@spreading_wings (http://www.pprune.org/members/330373-spreading_wings)
Buddy, some regions practice the Quadrantal system, which is upto FL 140, and in such regions the Semi Circular system of airspace classification starts at FL 150 upto FL 460. Thus the Semi Circular system is Lying above the Quadrantal system, in those areas.

The Semi Circular and the Quadrantal system dont co exist in the same airspace, ie for example between FL 50 to FL 140 if you have a Quad system being used, you cannot assign a level that is based on the SemiCircular system to a departing AC. I hope you have understood, and i stand to be corrected if i am wrong anywhere.:ok:

Thankyou.:ok:

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 08:34
@loft:
i m not very much convinced by your explanation for quadrantal and semicircular levels

well if u see the options its clearly mentioned climb or descent by 500 feet
concentrate on 500 feet

so here basically they are saying that quad and semicircular level co exists

so if u r flying on track say 130 degrees then u will fly odd+500 for quad suppose 5500
now if u want to choose semicircular level then u have to descend to 5000 feet
that is descend by 500 feet since u need to go to an odd level

so from quad to semicircular u need to descend by 500 feet

well thats wat i think and have seen the same answer in a book too

and regarding the at routes i did confirmed and yes its class f for ats routes
also ats routes are classified as class e airspace also which are not in class f

now regarding the validity of flight plan its highly possible that the person mite have remembered uncontrolled aerodrome instead of uncontrolled flight so its better if we use 1 hour because it can be a typing error too

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 08:39
now i have my one more question
in india is class f considered as controlled or uncontrolled airspace
it will be better if the answer is accompanied by some reference

as far as i have studied its taken as uncontrolled airspace as per the bali book

and also there is classification of airspaces given given in aip enr 1.4
but then i just cant find 1.4 on the aai site
after 1.3 directly comes 1.5 in aip enr

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 10:31
@avalanche007 (http://www.pprune.org/members/324132-avalanche007)

1) Quote "well if u see the options its clearly mentioned climb or descent by 500 feet concentrate on 500 feet.
so here basically they are saying that quad and semicircular level co exists"

Well there are always 4 options in the dgca papers, i would be interested to know how you would analyse the question then, with 2 more options to choose from, what are they trying to say then.:=

Only the right answer will justify the question not the options, so by giving the other 3 options they dont mean that quad and semi coexist. Hope you get my point.

Also Flight level are used to maintain a minimum separation between two aircrafts, the ATC assigns the levels, we can only request them for the desired level as pilots. And When Quad is in use they wont assign a Semi Circular Level.

2) Quote "ats routes are classified as class e airspace also which are not in class f" --- incorrect

refer ENR 2.1.1
· Airspace within ATS route segment is classified as ‘F’.
· Airspace outside ATS route segment and controlled airspace is classified as ‘G’.
So its G and not E.

3) Quote "now regarding the validity of flight plan its highly possible that the person mite have remembered uncontrolled aerodrome instead of uncontrolled flight so its better if we use 1 hour because it can be a typing error too"

The people setting up the examination papers are not babus, contradictory to everyone's belief, they know there job well enough.
And the typing error may result in a spelling mistake and not changing the word itself.
You can very much have a controlled flight land at and take off from an uncontrolled aerodrome.

4) Quote "now i have my one more question
in india is class f considered as controlled or uncontrolled airspace it will be better if the answer is accompanied by some reference"

Refer Annex 11_13ed, section 2.6
Class F. IFR and VFR flights are permitted, all participating IFR flights receive an air traffic advisory service and all flights receive flight information service if requested.

So its an uncontrolled airspace, i.e flights are not subject to an ATC clearance. If IFR you need to have a two way communication, and IFR to IFR separation is provided as far as practicable. And if VFR no separation is provided, nor any communication with atc is necessary.

Also Read D4X-X2 and Refer Annex 11 Appendix 4... Hope i have cleared all your doubts.:ok:

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 11:40
well true enough
but still if we dont look at options and just the question
then from quad to semi circular we need to descend
for the explanation u can chek out my previous
i wud be waiting for u reviews on that
and even if in the options 500 feet is not given then too u wont climb 1500 feet
its always better to descend 500 feet
so if u 130 degrees and say at 5500 feet according to quad rule and u want to fly according to semi circular rule
wat will u do
u will have 2 options that is 5000 feet or 7000 feet
and dont bring atc in the middle on this question
well if thats the case then various things can also be considered
so lets just take it as theoretical question only instead of taking into practical terms
i hope u get my point

and still if u dont want to agree to this procedure then atleast i have a book which confirms this answer word by word
what about you??

regarding the ats routes i did read aip
but in bali book its written that some ats routes are assigned class f and their designators are also given

but then other than that they are classified as class e
this is what the book says and i don't think they might make such a blunder

and regarding the typing mistake i meant that the guy who posted these questions mite have made a mistake or else from the question bank wer he copied from

i m not blaming the dgca officials
but all the question banks available with classes are my memorized questions and options

so its highly possible

and lets take it as uncontrolled airport only..........why r u so interested in controlled flight. why cant an uncontrolled flight fly out there.
this can have sure shot lot of chances then a controlled flight flying in uncontrolled aerodrome.
i m not denying the fact but still answer can be also 1 hour instead of 30 mins

and regarding the class f airspace
thanks for solving my doubt

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 11:46
@loft

one more question which u answered incorrectly

and u commented that it shouldn'[t be nearest
well who says that

when the rules of air in aircraft rule 1937 clearly mentions that

If in visual meteorological conditions, the aircraft shall:
a) continue to fly in visual meteorological conditions; land at the
nearest suitable aerodrome; and report its arrival by the most
expeditious means to the appropriate air traffic control unit ;

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 11:54
one more question

Ans b. 2,000 feet - between FL290 upto FL460. RVSM rules apply out there.

your answer is correct
but
i am confused as rvsm rules apply from where to where
did you meant between 290 and 460 rvsm rules apply???

please clarify my this doubt

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 13:06
@avalanche007

1) Quote "and even if in the options 500 feet is not given then too u wont climb 1500 feet its always better to descend 500 feet"
well i would like to know how do you decide if its better to descend or climb. Is it not depending upon your route, and the phase of flight you are in?
The question simply asks for quad to semi and vice versa, and thats what i have answered for.

2) Quote "and dont bring atc in the middle on this question well if thats the case then various things can also be considered so lets just take it as theoretical question only instead of taking into practical terms i hope u get my point"

Do you think ATC does not assign flight levels, or it works differently in actual practice and different in theory. Well i am not creating an imaginary scenario out here, just stating a fact. And i have always related theory to make things work in practical life, that is why theory is in place to make the actual thing more understandable.

3) Quote "and still if u dont want to agree to this procedure then atleast i have a book which confirms this answer word by word"

i would be interested to know the name of the book and the page number that you are referring to.

4) Quote "regarding the ats routes i did read aip but in bali book its written that some ats routes are assigned class f and their designators are also given

but then other than that they are classified as class e this is what the book says and i don't think they might make such a blunder"

What do you trust more, your book or the AIP. Or where does the author of your book get his info from, i am sure he doesnt create his own rules.

5) Quote "and lets take it as uncontrolled airport only..........why r u so interested in controlled flight. why cant an uncontrolled flight fly out there. this can have sure shot lot of chances then a controlled flight flying in uncontrolled aerodrome."

Yes i am interested in controlled flights, coz thats what i intend to fly, The Airlines, and irrespective of my interest what matters is what is DGCA interested in. It is anybody's guess.

6) Quote "i m not denying the fact but still answer can be also 1 hour instead of 30 mins"

Well i would select 30mins.

7) Quote "and u commented that it shouldn'[t be nearest well who says that"

My Bad, already edited that part now. Thankyou for this.

8) Quote "i am confused as rvsm rules apply from where to where did you meant between 290 and 460 rvsm rules apply???"

Well that phrase seems to be causing some confusion, i have now edited that part as well, already explained it previously.

9) Quote "and regarding the class f airspace thanks for solving my doubt"

You are welcome, thanks for correcting me too. As they say, you learn everyday!:ok:

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 13:54
@itsbrokenagain (http://www.pprune.org/members/124167-itsbrokenagain)
i suggest you read your own post and see how much have u helped. Even after being a professional pilot, you are saying ATS routes are class D. Wow man, you got some great knowledge. i can only wonder about your flying skills.

quote "time for the ignore button!, see ya"

i think thats what you have been doing all this while. Ignoring Things:p

Sahil Verma
23rd Jun 2010, 14:02
I don't think that a question on quadrantal system is likely to come since it is no longer used in Indian airspace (after 2006 I believe)...But there is definitely a high probability for questions on Semicircular system to come....
correct me if I am wrong..
cheers

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 14:18
1) u still havent answered the situation which i gave u
that 130 degrees track and 5500 feet
answer that and check your answer than

2) Do you think ATC does not assign flight levels, or it works differently in actual practice and different in theory. Well i am not creating an imaginary scenario out here, just stating a fact. And i have always related theory to make things work in practical life, that is why theory is in place to make the actual thing more understandable.

yes you can take things into practical way but then what the answer is will remain. what ever happens or even if u whack your brains on it.

3) i would be interested to know the name of the book and the page number that you are referring to.

refer air regulations book by wing commander bali chapter rules of air page 55.

4) What do you trust more, your book or the AIP. Or where does the author of your book get his info from, i am sure he doesnt create his own rules.

wel if you sure that he did not create rules on his own then why did he get this thing printed
to make it more simpler name out all the ats routes which are in class f airspace using your aip as reference

5) Yes i am interested in controlled flights, coz thats what i intend to fly, The Airlines, and irrespective of my interest what matters is what is DGCA interested in. It is anybody's guess.

and how do u know that dgca is also thinking the same thing
you intend to fly controlled flights, but then dgca doesnt intends you to do so.
so you see many situations can arise

6) Well i would select 30mins.

no comments on that, that will be your personal choice. but before going for such question i would love to look at the refernce and the exact question. ]
as you said dgca are not so dumb people that they will make rules for aerodromes and they will write flights in the paper

7) My Bad, already edited that part now. Thankyou for this.

you are welcome

8) Well that phrase seems to be causing some confusion, i have now edited that part as well, already explained it previously.

well thats fine. but still i think the rvsm is valid from fl290 to fl410 only however ifr flights are allowed to fly till fl460

this is what i have seen in the rules of the air and in a circular by dgca

would you like to comment??

9) You are welcome, thanks for correcting me too. As they say, you learn everyday

yes absolutely but still there are somethings left which we need to discuss upon

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 14:21
i second your thought sahil.:ok:

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 14:54
@avalanche007
1) Quote "refer air regulations book by wing commander bali chapter rules of air page 55."

Well i have the 2008 revised edition and it says chapter 6 SIGNALS, on pg 55. Also checked out the Rules of Air section, couldnt find it!

2) Quote "wel if you sure that he did not create rules on his own then why did he get this thing printed to make it more simpler name out all the ats routes which are in class f airspace using your aip as reference"

Well that is what i said, with all due respect, even the author refers the AIP to get his info. So if its mentioned in the AIP as class G, then it is class G. and not class E, coz having a typo is pretty common in the books. I hope you understand this.

3) Quote "and how do u know that dgca is also thinking the same thing you intend to fly controlled flights, but then dgca doesnt intends you to do so. so you see many situations can arise"

Well if you have a look at the AIP, and refer the sections, also if you refer the CAR, you will find your answer as to what is dgca interested in.

4) Quote "as you said dgca are not so dumb people that they will make rules for aerodromes and they will write flights in the paper"

Kindly elaborate your point.

5) Quote "but still i think the rvsm is valid from fl290 to fl410 only however ifr flights are allowed to fly till fl460 this is what i have seen in the rules of the air and in a circular by dgca
would you like to comment??"

Told you to check my previous post. Already Explained.

Good Luck:ok:

avalanche007
23rd Jun 2010, 15:42
1) Well i have the 2008 revised edition and it says chapter 6 SIGNALS, on pg 55. Also checked out the Rules of Air section, couldnt find it!

check out the 5th chapter what is its name. check the last page of the 5th chapter
you will find cruising levels chart and below that the the statement is made regarding transition between quad and semicircular rule

and you still havent answered my question which i asked you about that situation. that can explain everything, why dont you try it. u have ignored it in this post also and last post as well

2) Well that is what i said, with all due respect, even the author refers the AIP to get his info. So if its mentioned in the AIP as class G, then it is class G. and not class E, coz having a typo is pretty common in the books. I hope you understand this.

i dont really think, and if that would be the case then he would have rectified it. making the typo in all editions seems to be useless.

still u havent answered my question
which all ats routes are there in class f airspace name them, u missed my this question also

3) Well if you have a look at the AIP, and refer the sections, also if you refer the CAR, you will find your answer as to what is dgca interested in.

so in cars is it written that whener dgca asks such question in exam it means for controlled aircrafts only. wow. i never knew that. and if that would be the case and dgca would be favouring only controlled flights then they wont have come up with rules for uncontrolled flights or aerodromes at all

4)Kindly elaborate your point.

what i meant was in aircraft rules 1937 they mention validity of flight plans for controlled and uncontrolled aerodromes and in the question they are mentioning controlled and uncontrolled flights.

so as what you have said that dgca isnt dumb so they might not come up with such a typo at all. so there are high chances that the question might be different and it has been memorized in a different manner. and if you dont believe then you are contradicting yourself here

LOFT
23rd Jun 2010, 16:23
@avalanche

1) Quote "check out the 5th chapter what is its name. check the last page of the 5th chapter
you will find cruising levels chart and below that the the statement is made regarding transition between quad and semicircular rule"

It says table 5.3 Semi circular levels in Non RVSM airspaces.
Do you even have a Bali Book?

2) Quote "i dont really think, and if that would be the case then he would have rectified it. making the typo in all editions seems to be useless."

Wow man, how many editions you got. Remember that the book is for the reference and not for following blindly. AIP is where it derives its information from and thats how it will be, whether you accept it or not.:ok:

3) Quote "which all ats routes are there in class f airspace name them, u missed my this question also"

Well i didnt miss it, i didnt consider worth answering. Anyways you can Refer AIP ENR 2.1.1 and you will get a bunch of them in there.

4) Quote "so in cars is it written that whener dgca asks such question in exam it means for controlled aircrafts only. wow. i never knew that. and if that would be the case and dgca would be favouring only controlled flights then they wont have come up with rules for uncontrolled flights or aerodromes at all"

i have not mentioned that DGCA is interested in controlled flights. I have said that i am interested in controlled flights with respect to the question mentioned, and i said what dgca is interested in is any bodys guess, and that you could find it in the AIP and CAR.

4) Quote "what i meant was in aircraft rules 1937 they mention validity of flight plans for controlled and uncontrolled aerodromes and in the question they are mentioning controlled and uncontrolled flights.

so as what you have said that dgca isnt dumb so they might not come up with such a typo at all. so there are high chances that the question might be different and it has been memorized in a different manner. and if you dont believe then you are contradicting yourself here"

I really want to laugh out loud after reading this post. Hahaha:} ...Well if you think that its a typo, then all the best, you can continue to do so. But let me ask you something,Havent you come across controlled and uncontrolled flights, and controlled and uncontrolled aerodromes to consider it as a typo? hahaha. dude you really made my day with that post...

Cheers:ok:

avalanche007
24th Jun 2010, 02:27
well if u want to select controlled flights for the answer so i want to consider that the question could be a typo not on part of dgca but on the part of the student who might have memorized it or copied

did i ever laughed inspite others criticized, that you were the alone who was choosing controlled flights for the answer just because u want to fly controlled flights

i thought that we were discussing and not having fun
but you took it the other way around.

no words for your this behaviour.
lemme tell you one thing. if you dont want to discuss and just want to have fun then i m out of this thread.

and till now you havent answered my question, even in your 3rd post.
i guess you wont either because you have no other options left also. so in that case its time to change your answers for the first 2 questions on quad and semicircualr rule.
in this whole thread you are the alone who is saying that answer and without a valid explanation, seems like from nowhere.

so stop misguiding people, or else prove your answer for the quad and semicircular system

and also for your ready refernence
there were many new ats routes formed in 2009
and they have been classified as class e or class d airspace
what is your bet on this
and this info i got from aip supplements and its of 2009 so more recent and its official

check this out if you still dont believe
http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/22-2009.pdf
http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/26-2009.pdf
http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/31-2009.pdf

jimmygill
26th Jun 2010, 16:59
and sorry last one, ATS routes are class D in India... use google its your friend!

I suggest you use the EDIT button on your post!

@itsbrokenagain
Google, is that how you get information about regulations in your state.
How professional.

If you can't learn on your own, there is no harm learning from kids willing to help.

jimmygill
26th Jun 2010, 17:31
Dear friend itsbrokenagain,

Don't get frustrated, what you got is what you can show, even if it happens to be an one liner.

BTW omniscient google cannot search these websites
1. The websites who don't give google permission to search
2. The websites which do not exist

Learn while you can, and if you are older be aware you have little while left, so make good use and get rid of prejudices.

Or else it will keep breaking again and again.

Have fun.

jimmygill
27th Jun 2010, 04:02
your still an idiot jimmy, especially as you dont know how to make google search thru the documents on these sites!!

ps I am having fun, or cant you tell... and thanks, I still have 35 year until retirement!

I have been an Idiot for a few decades. Did you expect any change Sir? In 1 hr and 3 minutes. Just interacting with you is not going to make me any better.

But before I got my first Indian license, I knew ATS route are classified as F airspace here, and I know my ATS manual says that too.

So why should I google and find incorrect information, and trust that source and be fool enough to go around preaching misinformation, that too in a highly arrogant manner. And not apologise even after realising that I am wrong.

If you are left with 35, I recommend make good use of what you are left and learn something before you return to civilization.

Have a Happy Retirement

PS; Please don't remind me of how idiotic I am, because next few hours or days aren't going to change me remarkably. But thats me, its not true for you, you can change a lot, learning humility is a matter of seconds.

aditya104
27th Jun 2010, 05:15
Inference: Google is hoi polloi's best friend. Not yet Jimmy's http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0203.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=happy/happy0203.gif)

itsbrokenagain
27th Jun 2010, 08:05
i removed my posts from here, its seems you boys are taking it all to heart and as its inciting you to write things that could harm your future, so for you I am removing them.

thanks for playing, but please be careful about writing threats and remarks about others on a forum, it may haunt your future.

matthewgamm
27th Jun 2010, 14:20
Guys,

Could some of you who have recently given the Air Regulation Exam post a few Qs that you can remember, that the standard questionnaires didn't cover?
Was there any topic, in particular, from where most Qs were asked?
Are all the Qs multiple choice-type?

Any pointers to be better prepared for the exam would be appreciated. :ok:

EDIT: Last few Qs, whose answers I am not too sure about. I would appreciate if you could also tell me what chapter and page number to look these up. I have the book written by RK Bali:

1. Prisoners can be carried on board a/c, with written permission of
a. DGCA
b. DGCA, DDGCA, DR & I
I always thought it was only the DGCA, but with this particular option, the correct answer is b.
Kindly confirm.

2. Aerodrome broadcasting service is provided by:
a. AAI
b. Controller of aerodromes

3. A pilot can fly an a/c which is not entered in the a/c rating of his license for endorsement on his license
a. Within 5 nm of an aerodrome
b. Within LFA (Local Flying Area) of the aerodrome
I thought the correct answer is b.

4. If an a/c force lands at an uncontrolled aerodrome, it can take off again
a. After the permission of DGCA
b. If it is in a position to reach the destination.

5. A pilot can fly in 30 consecutive days
a. 80 hours PIC & 70 hours as co-pilot
b. 80 hours PIC & 50 hours as co-pilot
c. 70 hours PIC & 80 hours as co-pilot
I didn't quite understand this question. Are they asking the maximum number of hours a pilot can fly in 30 days? If so, none of the options add up to 125.

6. When flying in the transition layer, the altitude is reported as
a. On QFE
b. On QNH
c. As flight level
d. As height above ground level

7. What is the vertical separation between a/c on reciprocal tracks and on the same track above FL290?
This one always confuses me!

8. You are about to board your a/c as PIC. Your license can be checked by
a. The District Magistrate
b. A Customs Officer
c. A police officer
d. None of the above
Apparently, the correct answer is d.
I thought that our license can be checked by, a police officer, a customs officer or the District Magistrate.

9. Flying in Danger Area is
a. Prohibited
b. Permitted above a certain flight level
c. Allowed if permitted by ATC
d. Allowed if permitted by DGCA
Is c the correct answer?

10. All records associated with defects and their rectification are required to be preserved for a period of
a. 1 year
b. Till the a/c is phased out of service
Is a the correct answer?

11. All defects observed during flight are to be reported
a. Soon after the flight
b. After the last flight of the day in case of training a/c making a series of flights in a single day, unless a serious defect occurs
c. Both are correct
Is c the correct answer?

12. In India, ATS Routes are classified as
a. Class C
b. Class D
c. Class F
I thought the answer is c.
But some of you say it is Class D.
Kindly confirm.

13. Above what height the flight levels are to be used in India
a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet

14. For FDTL, the flying time of training flights is
a. Counted
b. Counted only if combined with a scheduled flight

15. In a controlled airspace, the VFR flights will be terminated if the cloud ceiling falls below
a. 1,500 feet
b. 1,000 feet
c. 1,500 meters

16. The Tokyo Convention Act 1975 applies to
a. All aircraft
b. The whole of India
c. Any where in the world

17. A red flag on top of ATC building indicates to a pilot that
a. Flying in progress
b. Nothing

18. The light a/c departing behind a medium a/c, the minimum time difference is
a. 2 minutes
b. 3 minutes

19. The number of search and rescue areas in India are
a. Four
b. Five

20. From the beginning of the runway to the displaced threshold, the runway edge lights are
a. Red
b. White

21. The maximum duty time limit per day extension is
a. 4 hours
b. 2 hours
c. 6 hours
d. 8 hours

22. The amendments to aircraft rules is done through
a. NOTAM
b. AIC
c. AIRAC
d. CAR

23. The FDTL may be extended by
a. DGCA
b. Operator

24. The length of R/W center line markings and the length between the markings is
a. 30 meters and 20 meters
b. 30 meters and 30 meters
c. 20 meters and 20 meters
d. 20 meters and 30 meters

25. On a runway, there are 3 pairs of threshold markings. The length of the runway is
a. 1200 to 1500 meters
b. 1200 to 2100 meters
c. More than 2100 meters

Thanks

aditya104
28th Jun 2010, 16:10
to be frank. dont know the answer to most of these questions. Will try and find the answers................

24B. Carriage of prisoners in aircraft- No prisoner shall be taken aboard or carried on an aircraft except under and in accordance with a permit in writing issued by the Director-General, a Deputy Director-General, the Director of Regulations and Information or any other officer of the Civil Aviation Department authorized by the Central Government in this behalf and subject to such conditions, if any, as he may specify in the permit.

Ans.1 Confirming correct answer b.

Ans.7 my guess. reciprocal track 1000ft. same track 2000ft. Need to confirm with another user.

Ans.10 (a) - CAR Section 2 Series C Part I

Ans.11 c is the correct answer- CAR Section 2 Series C Part III

Ans16: Tokyo Act was 1963. 1975 was Montreal. Anyways it applies to Civil Aircraft, which are registered in a contracting state(India) even if they are outside the territory of India
yippee Slovakia scored finally:D
Ans.22 (C) Airac changes rules

Enough for the day http://images.zaazu.com/img/tired-tired-weary-exhausted-smiley-emoticon-000749-large.gif

will b back tomorrow :ok:

avalanche007
28th Jun 2010, 17:06
1. Prisoners can be carried on board a/c, with written permission of
a. DGCA
b. DGCA, DDGCA, DR & I
ans: b

2. Aerodrome broadcasting service is provided by:
a. AAI
b. Controller of aerodromes
ans: a

3. A pilot can fly an a/c which is not entered in the a/c rating of his license for endorsement on his license
a. Within 5 nm of an aerodrome
b. Within LFA (Local Flying Area) of the aerodrome
ans:b

4. If an a/c force lands at an uncontrolled aerodrome, it can take off again
a. After the permission of DGCA
b. If it is in a position to reach the destination.

5. A pilot can fly in 30 consecutive days
a. 80 hours PIC & 70 hours as co-pilot
b. 80 hours PIC & 50 hours as co-pilot
c. 70 hours PIC & 80 hours as co-pilot
ans: b (take 80% of co pilot hrs )

6. When flying in the transition layer, the altitude is reported as
a. On QFE
b. On QNH
c. As flight level
d. As height above ground level
ans: c

7. What is the vertical separation between a/c on reciprocal tracks and on the same track above FL290?
ans: 2000 feet without rvsm rules

8. You are about to board your a/c as PIC. Your license can be checked by
a. The District Magistrate
b. A Customs Officer
c. A police officer
d. None of the above
ans: a b c (all of the abv)

9. Flying in Danger Area is
a. Prohibited
b. Permitted above a certain flight level
c. Allowed if permitted by ATC
d. Allowed if permitted by DGCA

10. All records associated with defects and their rectification are required to be preserved for a period of
a. 1 year
b. Till the a/c is phased out of service

11. All defects observed during flight are to be reported
a. Soon after the flight
b. After the last flight of the day in case of training a/c making a series of flights in a single day, unless a serious defect occurs
c. Both are correct

12. In India, ATS Routes are classified as
a. Class C
b. Class D
c. Class F

13. Above what height the flight levels are to be used in India
a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet

14. For FDTL, the flying time of training flights is
a. Counted
b. Counted only if combined with a scheduled flight

15. In a controlled airspace, the VFR flights will be terminated if the cloud ceiling falls below
a. 1,500 feet
b. 1,000 feet
c. 1,500 meters

16. The Tokyo Convention Act 1975 applies to
a. All aircraft
b. The whole of India
c. Any where in the world
ans: c ( it doesnnt applies to military aircraft and even some more so option a cannot be considered)

17. A red flag on top of ATC building indicates to a pilot that
a. Flying in progress
b. Nothing
ans:a

18. The light a/c departing behind a medium a/c, the minimum time difference is
a. 2 minutes
b. 3 minutes

19. The number of search and rescue areas in India are
a. Four
b. Five

20. From the beginning of the runway to the displaced threshold, the runway edge lights are
a. Red
b. White

21. The maximum duty time limit per day extension is
a. 4 hours
b. 2 hours
c. 6 hours
d. 8 hours

22. The amendments to aircraft rules is done through
a. NOTAM
b. AIC
c. AIRAC
d. CAR

23. The FDTL may be extended by
a. DGCA
b. Operator

24. The length of R/W center line markings and the length between the markings is
a. 30 meters and 20 meters
b. 30 meters and 30 meters
c. 20 meters and 20 meters
d. 20 meters and 30 meters

25. On a runway, there are 3 pairs of threshold markings. The length of the runway is
a. 1200 to 1500 meters
b. 1200 to 2100 meters
c. More than 2100 meters

matthewgamm
28th Jun 2010, 19:37
@aditya104, avalanche007, thanks!

Just a few more that I have doubts about.

1. While maintaining a FL of 100 (at 1013.25 hPa), and flying from low pressure to high pressure area, your a/c altimeter will indicate:
a. Lower than FL100
b. Higher than FL100
c. FL100 only

2. IFR is compulsory at night, subject to a few exceptions.
True OR False

3. Is night time considered to be 30 minutes or 20 minutes after sunset to 30 or 20 minutes before sunrise?

4. If the District Magistrate, a police officer or a customs officer don't have the authority to check our license, prior to boarding the a/c, who does?

5. Aircraft intending to fly in formation
a. DGCA permission is to be obtained
b. appropriate ATS Unit is to be contacted for prior permission

6. I thought there are 5 search and rescue areas in India - Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai and Guwahati. Kindly confirm.

aditya104
29th Jun 2010, 01:54
Disambiguities :confused:

@avalanche My ans for qs22 is c) AIRAC
Yours AIC

@matthew. i think there r 5 FIRs in India, but Guwahati and Kolkata have same SAR. not sure though........

Ans 1 a) Lower than FL100

Ans 4 any magistrate, any police officer above the rank of constable, any customs officer, any commissioned officer of the Naval, Military or Air Force of the Union, any gazetted officer of the Civil Aviation Department, or any other person authorised by the Central Government by special or general order in writing in this behalf
Source:The Aircraft Rules 1937 PartII 17

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 04:27
1. While maintaining a FL of 100 (at 1013.25 hPa), and flying from low pressure to high pressure area, your a/c altimeter will indicate:
a. Lower than FL100
b. Higher than FL100
c. FL100 only

2. IFR is compulsory at night, subject to a few exceptions.
True

3. Is night time considered to be 30 minutes or 20 minutes after sunset to 30 or 20 minutes before sunrise?
ans: 20 mins

4. If the District Magistrate, a police officer or a customs officer don't have the authority to check our license, prior to boarding the a/c, who does?
ans: yes they can check, as mentioned by aditya

6. I thought there are 5 search and rescue areas in India - Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai and Guwahati. Kindly confirm.
there are 5 fic however there are 4 rcc only
refer aip gen 3.6
http://www.aai.aero/public_notices/GEN_3.6_-_Search_and_Rescue_Service.pdf

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 04:33
@aditya:
sir yes our answers dont match on that
and frankly speaking i am not 100% sure too
its just that i have seen many aic on dgca site stating amendment to aircraft rules 1937. even you can have a look. so thought aic could be the answer

still i am not sure and would love to have a correct answer with a source

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 12:44
Thanks a bunch for confirming most of the answers!

I thought that, "To an aircraft, a red flag on top of ATC building means nothing, and if this question was asked like 'A red flag on top of ATC building means flying in progress'.
Is the answer 'flying in progress' if this question is asked as 'To a pilot, a red flag means..'?

Somebody kindly confirm the correct answer to Q. No. 22

1. An a/c registered in India need not carry any radio or com. equipment on board
a. provided its AUW is < 1,500 kg and is in VFR contact flying
b. Carriage of radio equipment is mandatory for all flights.

2. An a/c is issued with a C of A permitting smoking. Passengers start boarding the a/c when refueling is going on. Few of the passengers start smoking. Do you think any rule is being infringed
a. Yes, because smoking is not permitted within 30 meters of a/c or refueling equipment.
b. Yes, because an attendant in an a/c is to ensure that no smoking takes placeor other sources of ignition is allowed to occur when fueling is going on.

3. When flying over congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons, a VFR flight shall maintain the following heights, except when necessary for take off or landing or when so permitted by ATC:
a. 1,000 ft above the highest obstacle within 5 nm
b. 1,000 ft above the highest obstacle within 10 nm
c. 1,000 ft above the highest obstacle within a radius of 600 meters from a/c.

4. Requirements within the preceding 6 months of intended flight for a valid night rating are:
a. 5 takeoffs and 5 landings as PIC and sole manipulator of controls
b. 5 takeoffs and 5 landings as PIC
c. 5 takeoffs and 5 landing patterns as PIC and sole manipulator of controls

5. Total flight time of an a/c means interval:
a. from airborne time given by ATC to landing time
b. Block to Block time
c. Taxi to Landing
I know that flight time is defined as 'total time from the moment the a/c first moves under its own power for the purpose of taking off until the moment it comes to rest at the end of the flight.' But this is not one of the choices.
They also ask this question with the above definition along with the following choices:
a. Block to Block time
b. Chocks to Chocks time
c. Above definition
d. All the above

6. Private a/c means:
a. all a/c other than govt. a/c
b. all a/c other than public tpt a/c
c. all a/c other than IA/AI
d. all a/c other than aerial work a/c or public tpt a/c

7. "Take off" is applicable to:
a. all a/c
b. all aeroplanes
c. all aerostat
d. all aerodyne

8. Aerial work a/c means:
a. an a/c used for industrial or commercial purpose or any other non-remunerative purpose
b. a/c other than public transport a/c
c. an a/c whose business does not include the carriage by air of passengers or cargo for hire or reward
d. an a/c used for an industrial or commercial purpose or any other remunerative purpose, not including public tpt a/c.

9. Co-pilot means:
a. a pilot serving in any piloting capacity other than PIC
b. a licensed pilot other than PIC, including a pilot who is on board for the sole purpose of receiving flight instruction
c. a licensed pilot serving in any piloting capacity other than PIC, excluding a pilot who is on board the a/c for the sole purpose of receiving flight instruction

10. Category A is a type of a/c registered:
a. wholly owned by citizens of India
b. by a company or corporation registered anywhere and carrying on business in India
c. by a company or corporation registered in India and having its principal place of business within India.
Isn't the correct answer a and c?

11. Category B is a type of a/c:
a. where the a/c is wholly owned by citizens of India
b. by persons resident in or carrying on business in India, who are not citizens of India
c. by a company or corporation registered elsewhere than in India and carrying on business in India
d. b and c above

12. Indian Airlines effects carriage of marooned Indians for national cause without any hire or remuneration. Will this carriage come under:
a. Public Transport
b. Private Transport
c. State Transport
d. Aerial work a/c

13. IA/AI a/c are on lean by IAF. A service officer has been detailed to ferry the a/c for the use of airforce service. Aircraft falls under:
a. Military a/c
b. Public a/c
c. State a/c
d. a and c both

14. Flight plan is to be submitted prior to commencement of flight at least
a. 30 minutes before the flight
b. 60 minutes before the flight

15. The term "Vicinity of Aerodrome" where no ATZ is provided for an IFR flight and where flight plan can be given on telephone shall cover:
a. 5 nm radius centre the facility
b. 10 nm radius with facility as centre
c. Instrument approach and Holding procedure area
d. Up to transition level

16. The term "Vicinity of aerodrome" where no ATZ exists or in local flying area exists, in respect of VFR flights where flight plan can be given on R/T Telephone shall, mean:
a. 5 nm radius ARP and vertical limits up to 3,000' AGL
b. 10 nm radius ARP and vertical limits up to 10,000' AGL
c. 3 nm radius centre of aerodrome

17. Night rating is applicable for:
a. Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Gliders and Microlight
b. Aeroplanes and Helicopters only
c. Aeroplanes, Helicopters and Balloons
d. Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Balloons and Microlight

18. Some flights are exempted from the levy of landing charges. They are:
a. Training flights
b. flights solely for the purpose of ascertaining serviceability in air of a/c and its equipment.

19. Some flights are exempted from payment of landing charges to the extent of 50% of standard rate. These are:
a. Test flights
b. flights solely for training flight crew members.

Thanks

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 15:52
1. An a/c registered in India need not carry any radio or com. equipment on board

2. An a/c is issued with a C of A permitting smoking. Passengers start boarding the a/c when refueling is going on. Few of the passengers start smoking. Do you think any rule is being infringed
a. Yes, because smoking is not permitted within 30 meters of a/c or refueling equipment.
b. Yes, because an attendant in an a/c is to ensure that no smoking takes placeor other sources of ignition is allowed to occur when fueling is going on.
ans: a (not sure)

3. When flying over congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons, a VFR flight shall maintain the following heights, except when necessary for take off or landing or when so permitted by ATC:

4. Requirements within the preceding 6 months of intended flight for a valid night rating are:

5. Total flight time of an a/c means interval:
a. from airborne time given by ATC to landing time
b. Block to Block time
c. Taxi to Landing

They also ask this question with the above definition along with the following choices:
a. Block to Block time
b. Chocks to Chocks time
c. Above definition
d. All the above
ans: d

6. Private a/c means:
a. all a/c other than govt. a/c
b. all a/c other than public tpt a/c
c. all a/c other than IA/AI
d. all a/c other than aerial work a/c or public tpt a/c

7. "Take off" is applicable to:
a. all a/c
b. all aeroplanes
c. all aerostat
d. all aerodyne

8. Aerial work a/c means:
a. an a/c used for industrial or commercial purpose or any other non-remunerative purpose
b. a/c other than public transport a/c
c. an a/c whose business does not include the carriage by air of passengers or cargo for hire or reward
d. an a/c used for an industrial or commercial purpose or any other remunerative purpose, not including public tpt a/c.

9. Co-pilot means:
a. a pilot serving in any piloting capacity other than PIC
b. a licensed pilot other than PIC, including a pilot who is on board for the sole purpose of receiving flight instruction
c. a licensed pilot serving in any piloting capacity other than PIC, excluding a pilot who is on board the a/c for the sole purpose of receiving flight instruction

10. Category A is a type of a/c registered:
a. wholly owned by citizens of India
b. by a company or corporation registered anywhere and carrying on business in India
c. by a company or corporation registered in India and having its principal place of business within India.
ans: both a and c

11. Category B is a type of a/c:
a. where the a/c is wholly owned by citizens of India
b. by persons resident in or carrying on business in India, who are not citizens of India
c. by a company or corporation registered elsewhere than in India and carrying on business in India
d. b and c above

12. Indian Airlines effects carriage of marooned Indians for national cause without any hire or remuneration. Will this carriage come under:
a. Public Transport
b. Private Transport
c. State Transport
d. Aerial work a/c

13. IA/AI a/c are on lean by IAF. A service officer has been detailed to ferry the a/c for the use of airforce service. Aircraft falls under:
a. Military a/c
b. Public a/c
c. State a/c
d. a and c both

14. Flight plan is to be submitted prior to commencement of flight at least

15. The term "Vicinity of Aerodrome" where no ATZ is provided for an IFR flight and where flight plan can be given on telephone shall cover:
a. 5 nm radius centre the facility
b. 10 nm radius with facility as centre
c. Instrument approach and Holding procedure area
d. Up to transition level

16. The term "Vicinity of aerodrome" where no ATZ exists or in local flying area exists, in respect of VFR flights where flight plan can be given on R/T Telephone shall, mean:
a. 5 nm radius ARP and vertical limits up to 3,000' AGL
b. 10 nm radius ARP and vertical limits up to 10,000' AGL
c. 3 nm radius centre of aerodrome

17. Night rating is applicable for:
a. Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Gliders and Microlight
b. Aeroplanes and Helicopters only
c. Aeroplanes, Helicopters and Balloons
d. Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Balloons and Microlight

18. Some flights are exempted from the levy of landing charges. They are:
a. Training flights
b. flights solely for the purpose of ascertaining serviceability in air of a/c and its equipment.

19. Some flights are exempted from payment of landing charges to the extent of 50% of standard rate. These are:
a. Test flights

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 16:03
@matthewgamm
and for the red flag answer
yes that can happen. if in question, pilot is mentioned than we can write it means flying in progress because it means nothing to AIRCRAFT

i guess so
:):)

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 16:20
An a/c registered in India need not carry any radio or com. equipment on board
ans: aI answered b.

An a/c is issued with a C of A permitting smoking. Passengers start boarding the a/c when refueling is going on. Few of the passengers start smoking. Do you think any rule is being infringed
ans: a (not sure)Could somebody confirm the correct answer?

When flying over congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons, a VFR flight shall maintain the following heights, except when necessary for take off or landing or when so permitted by ATC:
ans: bI answered c.

Requirements within the preceding 6 months of intended flight for a valid night rating are:
ans: bI answered a.

Flight plan is to be submitted prior to commencement of flight at least
ans: bI thought it was a.

Some flights are exempted from the levy of landing charges. They are:
a. Training flights

I answered a.

Some flights are exempted from payment of landing charges to the extent of 50% of standard rate. These are:
a. Test flights

I answered a.

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 16:38
i m so sorry buddy
for the first one the answer is indeed B that is it required for all aircraft
mistakenly typed it
will edit it

for our all other conflicts i have some reference material
i will post it in few minutes
will have to search for it

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 16:42
@avalanche007, thanks!

I'm standing by, for your reference info. BTW, I have the blue book by RK Bali. You can tell me where to look up the Qs where our answers differ.

One more thing - the vertical clearance between reciprocal traffic and traffic on the same track is 2,000 feet. Correct?

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 16:47
Quote:
When flying over congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons, a VFR flight shall maintain the following heights, except when necessary for take off or landing or when so permitted by ATC:
ans: c (my bad)
http://dgca.nic.in/cars/d4e-e1.pdf

Quote:
Requirements within the preceding 6 months of intended flight for a valid night rating are:
http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-e.pdf

Quote:
Flight plan is to be submitted prior to commencement of flight at least
http://dgca.nic.in/cars/d4e-e1.pdf

Quote:
Some flights are exempted from the levy of landing charges. They are:
a. Training flights
SECTION B— Tariff of landing, housing and parking charge at Government Aerodromes (http://www.dgca.nic.in/schedules/sec-b.htm)

Quote:
Some flights are exempted from payment of landing charges to the extent of 50% of standard rate. These are:
a. Test flights
SECTION B— Tariff of landing, housing and parking charge at Government Aerodromes (http://www.dgca.nic.in/schedules/sec-b.htm)

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 16:49
One more thing - the vertical clearance between reciprocal traffic and traffic on the same track is 2,000 feet. Correct?

thats for above fl290

aditya104
29th Jun 2010, 16:50
Penalty shootout Par vs JPN:}

Aeronautical Information Circular (AIC): A notice containing information
that does not qualify for the origination of a NOTAM, or for inclusion in the AlP,
but which relates to flight safety, air navigation, technical, administrative or
legislative matters.

So, AIRAC defn is closer, according to me. What do u say avalanche?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ans 8 d

@matthew. less questions at a time :E

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 16:55
@aditya:
yes sir you are correct

but then i found this on dgca site

aic 07/2005 G.S.R. 400 (E): Amendment in the Aircraft Rules, 1937, in Schedule II, Section J, pertaining to Commercial Pilots Licence (Aeroplane)

aic 10/2005 G.S.R. 330 (E): Amendment in the Aircraft Rule, 1937, Insertion of Rule 29C after Rule 29B in Part III, pertaining to Adoption of the Convention and Annexes

aic 06/1997 G.S.R. 404(E): (Certificate of Registration) Amendment in Rule 30 of Aircraft Rules 1937.

many more you can find
so seeing these exapmples which give straight forward annswers i came to the conclusion

but still i m not sure

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 17:03
@avalanche007, thanks for the links!

I feel confident about the answers now. However, for the night rating question, from the link, I'd still say the correct answer is a.
What do you think?

What is the time duration for the Air Regulation Exam? Are all questions multiple-choice?

aditya104
29th Jun 2010, 17:23
I just rated this thread excellent, since it now carries SOURCE FOR the answers.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif

avalanche ur answer was (b), in Rules of The Air, found the following

3.1.8 Formation flights
No civil aircraft shall be flown in formation.

Next qs

An a/c registered in India need not carry any radio or com. equipment on board

avalanche answered a
matthew (b) and I go with b as well

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 17:27
@aditya:
well regarding the radio apparatus i guess i have already corrected my answer
it was a type
mistakenly i typed the wrong answer
:):):):)

regarding formation flying i have read the answer somewhere
will now have to search for the source

will be right back for it

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 17:31

avalanche ur answer was (b), in Rules of The Air, found the following

3.1.8 Formation flights
No civil aircraft shall be flown in formation.

well whatever u found is absolutely correct for civil aircraft but the question only mentions aircraft and not its type

and refer this source

SECTION 3 (http://www.dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-3.htm)

cheers

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 17:41
An a/c is issued with a C of A permitting smoking. Passengers start boarding the a/c when refueling is going on. Few of the passengers start smoking. Do you think any rule is being infringed

i guess i found the source for this answer
looking at the 2 options there is an exact rule which states the first option

how second option is little modified
actual rule is
The
attendant shall ensure that no smoking takes place or other source of
ignition is allowed to occur and shall assist in the removal of passengers
in the event of fire

and in the option it mentions when fueling is going on

ref: 25A (http://dgca.nic.in/airrule/rule25a.htm)

so i guess this question is also solved

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 17:46
What about the night rating question?

And again, what is the time duration for the regulation exam?

avalanche007
29th Jun 2010, 18:01
What about the night rating question?

i guess i have already answered it with the reference

what is the time duration for the regulation exam?

i guess its 1.5 hours. gave it long back, so cant recollect exact time.
but then it consisted of 50 questions 2 marks each

matthewgamm
29th Jun 2010, 18:12
i guess i have already answered it with the referenceYou have, but the reason I ask is because the link states 'sole manipulator of controls'.

Above what height the flight levels are to be used in India
a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet
I have read 5,000 feet. I have also read 5,500 feet. But then, isn't 4,000 the lowest transition altitude in India?
What is the correct answer?

avalanche007
30th Jun 2010, 05:44
Above what height the flight levels are to be used in India
a. 4,000 feet
b. 5,500 feet
I have read 5,000 feet. I have also read 5,500 feet. But then, isn't 4,000 the lowest transition altitude in India?
What is the correct answer?

well lowest transition altitude is 4000 feet and as per definition of transition altitude it is said that any altitude below trans alt should be reported in terms of ground level as refernce and altitudes above trns altitude should be reported as flight levels above mean sea level

i hope even you might have read this definition.
so i guess the answer is 4000 feet
and i have read somewhere that lowest flight level can be 5000 feet

so 5500 feet is surely not the answer anyway

avalanche007
30th Jun 2010, 06:00
Requirements within the preceding 6 months of intended flight for a valid night rating are

well first of all the the options are incorrect as they mention 5 take offs and landings and this rule is applicable to PPL holders

for CPL holders it is 10 take offs and landings in last 6 months

and regarding sole manipulator thing

well if you see my all the refernces which i have given at the end of this post (one of ppl and 2 of cpl), in all of them u can find that to have the night rating valid you just need to do certain take offs and landings thats it in previous 6 months

the sole manipulator thing comes into play when you are applying for a fresh application of night rating, at that time you need to have 5 take offs and landings as sole manipulator in last 6 months (check ppl reference)

PPL (http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-e.pdf)

CPL (http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-l.pdf)

CPL (http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-j.pdf)

aditya104
30th Jun 2010, 07:50
@avalanche
SECTION 3 (http://www.dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-3.htm)
The rules in that link-current or outdated?
Refer to question of Formation Flights

Regarding the night rating question:
Don't read the PPL requirements for a CPL theory test. So go with the CPL requirements of 10 take offs and landings as sole manipulator of controls(SOLO). This question and its options are outdated. I would advise all to not trust the outdated question banks, verify the answers..........even the blue books of rules and Bali, are getting outdated vry fast. Every month new rules, which is good.

Even the transition altitude thing is outdated. I mean the system is outdated not the question. What is it in other countries where u trained?

aditya104
30th Jun 2010, 08:04
* SECTION B— Tariff of landing, housing and parking charge at Government Aerodromes (http://www.dgca.nic.in/schedules/sec-b.htm) *the tariffs for landings are only for Government aerodromes. By govt aerodromes, I guess AAI aerodromes....
Also, the rule says airports not owned by AAI, can charge their own fees, know any such airports?

Also, in case of emergency landing, no exemption? Need to amend the rules to include that?

avalanche007
30th Jun 2010, 08:24
Regarding the night rating question:
Don't read the PPL requirements for a CPL theory test. So go with the CPL requirements of 10 take offs and landings as sole manipulator of controls(SOLO). This question and its options are outdated. I would advise all to not trust the outdated question banks, verify the answers..........even the blue books of rules and Bali, are getting outdated vry fast. Every month new rules, which is good.

well yes you are correct
but again one mistake
its still not sole manipulator
thats for when u apply for initial night rating

however question asks for keeping night rating valid

so i wouldnt consider sole manipulator if that there in the option

avalanche007
30th Jun 2010, 08:30
The rules in that link-current or outdated?
Refer to question of Formation Flights

well how can you say this rule is outdated
and in question they only mentioned aircrafts and not the type of aircrafts
and the rule which you are stating is for only civil aircrafts

and in flight plan filling form still the provision is given for formation flight entry

so we can still have formation flight in india

if there would be no provisions then there would have been a rule for that stating not only civil but all aircrafts are not authorised for formation flight

but such a rule doesnt exists

aditya104
30th Jun 2010, 13:04
avalanche, I have borrowed a book from my friend
Aircraft Manual 2007 Volume-I
On page157, bottom of page

3.1.8 Formation Flights
No civil aircraft shall be flown in formation

On the next page, 3.2.1.2 is missing, maybe deleted.
But that 3.2.1.2 is still on the website as the section 3 link given by you.

3.2.1.2. Aircraft shall not be flown in formation except by pre-arrangement with the appropriate Air Traffic Service Unit.

Did u get that by searching DGCA website?

avalanche007
30th Jun 2010, 13:50
@aditya:
i must say sir excellent observation
:D:D:D:D:D:D

and yes whatever u have said is correct

yes i did find the rule by searching on dgca site

so basically it looks like this whole section is modified

but then one thing which is bothering me is that still military aircrafts can fly in formation.

so formation flying can still be done over india

but then i guess dgca forgot to update this rule

a very big confusion indeed
:ugh::confused::rolleyes::eek:

aditya104
1st Jul 2010, 04:10
Ok Avalanche, hold your breathe.................
I will clear the air of all confusion.................
DGCA stands for Directorate General oF CIVIL Aviation
We are civil aviation pilots. We need to know only the civil aviation rules. My Regulations Ground theory teacher used to say, military can do anything. these rules don't apply to them. Military can kill, we can not :}

Moving on, maybe the Landing Tariff page is expired. maybe. because its only coming up on searches can't get there otherwise. Also, what are your thoughts on Emergency landings. They are not exempt from paying landing charges according to that page. They should be exempt.

avalanche007
1st Jul 2010, 06:44
well your teacher might be true
but then i never took any classes and studied on my own through all the cars and aircrfat rules and the bali book for air regs
so these are bible for me

well yes dgca deals with only civil aviation, but then what about other aviation
who deals with them

i dont think there is any other organistaion to deal with abviation

however i really cant comment more on this because as deep you go in, you will find yourself more in darkness.

well still what i would consider for myself is that if in question word civil is written then i will write no formation is allowed or else i would go for the other option

this is purely my opinion which may subject to change *
*conditions apply
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

well apart from air regs can anyone post questions related to meteorology as i would love to have an active discussion on that.

do you have any questions of met with you sir

matthewgamm
1st Jul 2010, 12:51
Where in the CARs or elsewhere (any other DGCA-related document), can I find information about:

1. When an operator can permit a person to fly as PIC (like for example, only if in the last 90 or 30 days, he has flown.....) and when they can permit him to fly as PIC on a particular route.
2. Minimum distance one should stay away from jet blast or something like that
3. Hypoxia, Fatigue and other human factors related information
4. Takeoff alternate aerodrome
5. ETOPS

What information/data can one find in the Route Guide and Operations Manual, and what data can one find in the AIP and AIC?
I guess, what I want to know is/are the differences between them.
For instance, instrument approach charts are part of what?
And, if we want to know the watch hours of a station, we should look at what.

In what specific document on the DGCA site does DGCA update the air regulations?

Thanks

aditya104
2nd Jul 2010, 03:30
@avalanche, plz don't call me "Sir" :)
I suggest start a new thread for Met questions, where others can also contribute, leave this one for Regulations.
http://ypcblog.beefusa.org/image.axd?picture=2009%2F11%2FJoel_Joe_Caleb_hats_off_8-03_72dpi.jpg
hats off to u for studying it by urself

@matthew
1.See privileges of CPL(A)
Subject to the validity of endorsements and ratings in the licence
To act as PIC of an aircraft AUW<5700Kg
when passengers are to be carried at night, he shall have carried out within a period of six months immediately preceding the date of the intended flight not less than ten take-offs and ten landings by night as Pilot-in-Command

Nothing given about carrying passengers during the day, assume can do that for renumeration while the licence is valid without restrictions.

another more restriction is there if he wants to fly as a co-pilot, a transport aircraft, AUW>5700KGs, he must have done a proficiency check on that acft within last 6 months.

2 minimum distance to stay away from Jet Blast is in the bible:}. We will now call those books BIBLE hereon. No disrespect to Bhagvadgita.:D
I don't have the BIBLE with me, so ................... :suspect:

3Human Factors related information shouldn't be in the CARs..........think so. only use of psychoactive substances and alcohol.

4.Things like alternate aerodrome minima are found in AIP in Australia. Can't find DGCA AIP on the website. Anybody know if its up there?

5ETOPS
Extended Range Operations with Twin Engined Airplanes
Requirements for ETOPS operations are given in CAR Section 2, Series ‘O’ Part VIII

AIP has information which is of lasting character, doesn't change that often. Like the procedures. AIC is circulars. If DGCA wants to tell everyone about some issue, it could b about safety.

Dunno what is Route Guide. Can anyone shed some light on that plz?

ibcd
28th Jul 2010, 21:21
a. Lower than FL100
b. Higher than FL100
c. FL100 only

My ANS: C

My understanding to this is that when you are using a constant barometric pressure setting (1013.25 hPa) in the altimeter window, the a/c altimeter will always show the same altitude. The actual a/c altitude may be different depending on whether you are flying from low to high or high to low. In this scenario, you are flying a FL, which means that you have a constant pressure setting in your altimeter, as you pass from one pressure area to another (No changing the altimeter pressure setting).

Hence the term "High to low, look out below" and "Low to high, clear the sky". If you are flying altitudes, you should reset the altimeter setting as you pass to a different pressure area, so that your altimeter will show correct altitude. But if you are flying FL, the altimeter will always show the same FL.

What do you guys think?

niksmathew24
29th Jul 2010, 04:03
@ ibcd
Your answer and explanation on FL is correct and "I" think a better and easier way to remember it is:

From HIGH TO LOW READ HIGH and FROM LOW TO HIGH READ LOW
H-L-H L-H-L

AviatorVette
30th Jul 2010, 18:54
all this stuff is pointless, gave the regs exam today. Barely anything from Regs was asked.. not a single question on semi circular system, rules nothing.... Most of it was ADM, JAA, FAA and stuff about myopia, exploded ear drums, etc

Pulkdahulk
31st Jul 2010, 16:44
Absolutely BS! Exam for July attempt air regs. I have studied countless quality time on this. Reviewed Bali like 3 times line By line. Studied and revised more than 800 questions on surinder, duggal Seth. This exam is designed to fail.

Example: what is environmental capture?
Where in the hell is that topic from.

You have to really apply your mind to pass. What do we use logic or dgca logic. All the four seems right. Those is coming from me whose studied too much.

A company operates s cargo charter, what is it categorized under
a. Private transport
b. Public transport
c. Aerial work
d. None of the above

I have heard this dgca loves D as an option so please don't give me tht look.

Whatever, I am miffed at so called dgca pass/fail ratio. They don't want pilots.

jimmygill
31st Jul 2010, 16:58
I have heard this dgca loves D as an option so please don't give me tht look.

Thats one reason you find it to be designed to fail.

mgrandhi
2nd Feb 2011, 07:23
I need answers for this questions. thnx in advance

1. Responsibility of bringing aeronautical charts into the a/c
a) PIC
b) Operator
c) Flight Navigator

2. Responsibility of getting into current weather charts etc
A) PIC
B) Dispatcher
C) Flight navigator
D) Operator

3. A passenger informs that there is a unloaded weapon in his bag.
A) Bag can be accessible to the passenger
B) Bag should be placed where passenger cannot access it and key should
remain with the cabin crew
C) Bag should be placed where passenger cannot access it and key should remain with the passenger

4. You are flying in a single engine a/c and a multi engine a/c approaches from left.
a) both should turn right
b) multi should give way to single
c) single should give way to multi

5. ADF not operative

6. Turbojet with one engine failure
a) can fly vfr
b) can fly vfr by day
c) can fly ifr

7. Number of first aid kits in an a/c with seating capacity of 19 passengers
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) none

8. emergency lights must be on during ?

9. Turbojet engine failure
a) land at nearest safe aerodrome
b) land at nearest aerodrome
c) land at nearest aerodrome, military aerodrome where SAR is available

10. IFR Flight, 2 way radio failure, start approach
a) as soon as possible
b) as soon as possible once u get establish
c) as soon as you are on the fix
d) nearest to ETA

11. GPWS & glide path warning compulsion in
a) 12500 lbs or >
b) 19 seats or more

12. ELT battery should be recharged after usage of cumulative
A) 30 mins
B) 45 mins
C) 60 mins

13) anti collison lights are nedded
a) all times of operation of a/c
b) all times engine running

14. CVR operation during what times?

15. CVR & FDR used for
a) finding out fault when an accident happens
b) investigating accidents & inncedents

16. experimental a/c
a) PAX and baggage’s for hire not allowed

17. Demolition of obstruction after RW
a) clearway

18. Turbojet calculating length of the RW from T/O includes
a) takeoff distance
b) accelerate stop distance
c) accelerate go distance

19. Minimum MDA or DA, What is required to land
a) RW lights must be distinctly visble

20. Minimum met minima for VFR to land in CTA is
a) 1500 feet ceiling 3sm

21. Far drum damage can lead to
a) osic baratauma
b) hearing loss

22. while coming to land, what happens to texture , angle and horizon

23. when in breath in, ur lungs
A. chest goes outward/ inward, diaphragm goes downward/ upward , pressure in chest rise/fall

24. stress reliving drug is called as?

25. Authoritative Person qulaties
a) bad team leader
b) good team leader
c) good at commanding but bad sub-ordinate
d) good at commanding & good sub-ordinate

26. Cabin doors and emergency doors
a) must be locked all time during the flight
b) must be locked at all times except when PIC declares emergency
c) must be locked all the times engine is running

27. Each cabin crew should have
a) key of the door
b) flash light

28. rest period of the pilot
a) more thabn 100 hrs in 30 days
b) should not be given to aerial work

cyrilroy21
2nd Feb 2011, 12:07
@mgrandhi

Where did you get these questions ? These are the exact same questions that came for last time's attempt

mgrandhi
3rd Feb 2011, 05:19
i made a list of the qustions soon after i came out from the xam

do u have the answers for them??

sam8808
3rd Feb 2011, 15:27
Couple more questions from previous attempt:

1. An aircraft is to ferry an engine:
a) Conditions must be VMC throughout the flight
b) Conditions must be VMC for take off and landing
c) Can't remember

2. Something about whether a 4 engined aircraft with 1 engine INOP can continue flight to its destination.

I can't remember the exact wording of the questions. Does anyone know where I can find info on these topics?

AviatorVette
4th Feb 2011, 06:40
bump, will read this thread later.

AviatorVette
8th Feb 2011, 10:49
can anyone give answers to the previous attempt questions please?

Anom
9th Feb 2011, 11:46
Wat's up wid DGCA...somtimes questions make u feel dat its a medical exam & sometimes it's cabin crews...question 13 answer is a, 15 is b, 1 is a, 3 is c, 4 sud be b,answer for 8 is always if it was in options given. 21 is b, 25 is b,26 c.
12 is c & 7 is a.

RkoSim
16th Feb 2011, 07:49
i think flight level 55 is the answer coz the minimum transition level in india is 5500ft. i have read it somewhere in some book and am pretty sure with it.

ifly25
2nd Mar 2011, 03:50
do they ask question related to CRM in the REGS exam???

THE_WING
2nd Mar 2011, 16:05
Dear fellow-ppruners,
Kindly cross check the answers. Please do correct if i've gone wrong anywhere. And if i've wrong somewhere, please don't criticize - we all learn from mistakes.
Thank you.

1. Responsibility of bringing aeronautical charts into the a/c
a) PIC
b) Operator
c) Flight Navigator
Ans: A

2. Responsibility of getting into current weather charts etc.
A) PIC
B) Dispatcher
C) Flight navigator
D) Operator

3. A passenger informs that there is a unloaded weapon in his bag.
A) Bag can be accessible to the passenger
B) Bag should be placed where passenger cannot access it and key should
remain with the cabin crew
C) Bag should be placed where passenger cannot access it and key should remain with the passenger
Ans: C

4. You are flying in a single engine a/c and a multi-engine a/c approaches from left.
a) both should turn right
b) multi should give way to single
c) single should give way to multi
Ans: B

5. ADF not operative

6. Turbojet with one engine failure
a) can fly VFR
b) can fly VFR by day
c) can fly IFR

7. Number of first aid kits in an a/c with seating capacity of 19 passengers
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) none

8. emergency lights must be on during?
Not sure of the answer

9. Turbojet engine failure
a) land at nearest safe aerodrome
b) land at nearest aerodrome
c) land at nearest aerodrome, military aerodrome where SAR is available

10. IFR Flight, 2 way radio failure, start approach
a) as soon as possible
b) as soon as possible once u get establish
c) as soon as you are on the fix
d) nearest to ETA
Ans: D

11. GPWS & glide path warning compulsion in
a) 12500 lbs. or >
b) 19 seats or more

12. ELT battery should be recharged after usage of cumulative
A) 30 mins.
B) 45 mins.
C) 60 mins.

13) anti-collision lights are needed
a) all times of operation of a/c
b) all times engine running

14. CVR operation during what times? Last 30mins of operation

15. CVR & FDR used for
a) finding out fault when an accident happens
b) investigating accidents & incidents

16. experimental a/c
a) PAX and baggage’s for hire not allowed

17. Demolition of obstruction after RW
a) clearway

18. Turbojet calculating length of the RW from T/O includes
a) take off distance
b) accelerate stop distance
c) accelerate go distance

19. Minimum MDA or DA, What is required to land
a) RW lights must be distinctly visible

20. Minimum met minima for VFR to land in CTA is
a) 1500 feet ceiling 3sm

21. Ear drum damage can lead to
a) Otitic barotrauma
b) hearing loss

22. while coming to land, what happens to texture , angle and horizon
Not sure what the ans is

23. when in breath in, your lungs
A. chest goes outward/ inward, diaphragm goes downward/ upward , pressure in chest rise/fall

24. stress reliving drug is called as?
Antidepressants???

25. Authoritative Person qualities
a) bad team leader
b) good team leader
c) good at commanding but bad sub-ordinate
d) good at commanding & good sub-ordinate
Ans: D

26. Cabin doors and emergency doors
a) must be locked all time during the flight
b) must be locked at all times except when PIC declares emergency
c) must be locked all the times engine is running

27. Each cabin crew should have
a) key of the door
b) flash light

28. Rest period of the pilot
a) more than 100 hrs. in 30 days
b) should not be given to aerial work

29. An aircraft is to ferry an engine:
a) Conditions must be VMC throughout the flight
b) Conditions must be VMC for take-off and landing

aditya104
27th Mar 2012, 11:50
What are the regulations pertaining to low flying by an aircraft? Where are they in regulations?

gAMbl3
27th Mar 2012, 15:49
CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 9 – AIR SPACE AND
AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
SERIES 'C' PART I

4.6 Except when necessary for take-off or landing, or except by permission from the Director General, a VFR flight shall not be flown:
a) over the congested areas of cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons at a height less than 300 m (1000 ft) above the highest obstacle within a radius of 600 m from the aircraft;
b) elsewhere than as specified in 4.6 a), at a height less than 150 m (500 ft) above the ground or water.

Except when necessary for take-off or landing, or except when specifically authorized by the Director General, an IFR flight shall be flown at a level which is not below the minimum flight altitude established by the State whose territory is overflown, or, where no such minimum flight altitude has been established:
a) over high terrain or in mountainous areas, at a level which is at least 600 m (2000 ft) above the highest obstacle located within 8 km of the estimated position of the aircraft;
b) elsewhere than as specified in a), at a level which is at least 300m (1000 ft) above the highest obstacle located within 8 km of the estimated position of the aircraft.

:ok:

pilotbaba
27th Mar 2012, 18:41
Excellent Thread..... Pls Keep contributing to this thread & Keep it going guys, this is a priceless thread......

aditya104
29th Mar 2012, 17:46
Thanks gAMbl3. Hopefully will have more for you soon. :D

aditya104
7th Apr 2012, 18:05
There is a rule which states that -no aircraft shall be towed by an aircraft. Does it mean that in India you can't launch a glider by towing it with a powered aircraft?

CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 9 – AIR SPACE AND
AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
SERIES 'C' PART I
Rules of the Air

3.1.5 Towing

No aircraft shall be towed by an aircraft. Objects other than an aircraft shall
be towed by an aircraft, in accordance with requirements prescribed by the
Director General and as indicated by relevant information, advise and/or
clearance from the appropriate Air traffic services units.

Then it contradicts the above restriction:
3.2.2.3 Converging. When two aircraft are conver ging at approximately the
same level, the aircraft that has t he other on its right shall give way,
except as follows:
d) power-driven aircraft shall give way to aircraft which are seen to
be towing other aircraft or objects.

aditya104
9th Apr 2012, 05:09
This rule is in addition to VFR and IFR altitudes quoted by gAMbl3 (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/418877-dgca-air-regulation-qs-5.html#post7103416). Does it mean that it is illegal to fly over a congested area at 1500ft AGL if one can't glide to a safe landing area away from people/property?

Rules of the air

3.1.2 Minimum safe heights

Except when necessary for take-off or landing, or except by permission from
the Director General, aircraft shall not be flown over the congested areas of
cities, towns or settlements or over an open-air assembly of persons, unless
at such a height as will permit, in the event of an emergency arising, a landing
to be made without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

adgsunke
13th Jun 2012, 06:18
Pl chk out this

IVAO India - Pilots (http://www.ivaoindia.com/pilot/uncontrolled)

It states

"India does not have any uncontrolled airspace.

However, if no ATC services are available, pilots are advised to monitor continuously the emergency frequency 121.5, and 122.8."

Can someone through some light on the above

adgsunke
17th Jun 2012, 06:50
In India we have airspaces from D to G.
Of these E & F form the ATS routes if classified.

Read somewhere that In India there are no uncontrolled airspace. However if there are no ATC services available then pilots should monitor 121.5 & 122.8. During RTR also remember covering routes and mentioning uncontrolled airspace.

Both these are contradictory. Can any one explain. I think as per ICAO any airspace after D is uncontrolled.

aditya104
17th Jun 2012, 11:32
"There is no uncontrolled airspace in India". But many pilots have flown in uncontrolled environment in India. I am as bemused by this as you are.

Also, see another contradicting rule-Towing of Aircraft (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/418877-dgca-air-regulation-qs-5.html#post7122915) posted above on this page.

matthewgamm
31st Aug 2012, 17:30
Anybody that gave the last air regulation paper - where were the Qs picked up from? Was Bali's book any good?

Any link to the DGCA site that talks about the regulations?

ibcd
30th Sep 2012, 16:25
anyone here know this answer?