PDA

View Full Version : Air Nigeria (aka Virgin Nigeria) Pilot Assessment/interview

glideslopealive
21st Jun 2010, 18:03
Hello,

I am a B737CL rated pilot with a Nigerian CPL. I attended Air Nigeria (virgin nigeria) pilot assessment about a month ago. I am yet to hear anything from them. I am in contact with other pilots who attended the assessment as well and nobody has heard anything either. Pls does anyone have any info on this? And when they plan to have pilots on board. I'm aware that about 5 x B733 are expected before October. With this plan i had expected that the flight crews would start type and line training at about this time.

doudou1
22nd Jun 2010, 17:17
I takes a little over a month to hear from HR.
good luck. ;)

eagleflier
2nd Jul 2010, 13:34
GSA,
Have you heard from VK yet.
Friend of mine with a 73cl rating was called on wednesday to attend interview next week.

glideslopealive
2nd Jul 2010, 16:20
I have not yet had from them. I do not know what exactly is happening or what to do. Pls if u have any more info let me know

glideslopealive
3rd Jul 2010, 09:26
Eagleflier,

A top VK official told me that majority of the pilots who did the assesment failed it. They assesment was basically done with Microsoft flight simulator using a joystick and rudder pedal. I doubt the mass failure theory. Every pilot will agree with me that flying with a joystick on MS flight sim is much more difficult than flying on an actual airplane or FFS. Especially considering the fact that pilot applicants have varying experiences and fly or will be employed by other Nigerian airlines with high standards such as AJ, W3 and 9J. So why is VK being very subjective at time they are looking for pilots for incoming 5 x B733. I also saw an advert on the aviation job search websiteby likely by VK seeking for B733 Captains and one TRI. The daedline for the application had passed but it had to be extended to 07 july, apparently bcos they have not been able to get the number of flight crews that the require.

Klogic
3rd Jul 2010, 16:24
some people are resuming this week..Why not call them back...

eagleflier
3rd Jul 2010, 22:27
GSA,
I also did the assessment and although a joystick is used, there's no link to Microsoft FS. The joystick is only used to test hand eye coordination. Did you attend the assessment?
I also asked a lot of my friends who did the assessment and no one seemed to finish the Maths questions.
Know there's an interview next week though.

eagleflier
3rd Jul 2010, 22:29
Nigerian airlines with high standards such as AJ, W3 and 9J

Are you saying these other airlines have higher standards than VK

I also saw an advert on the aviation job search websiteby likely by VK seeking for B733 Captains and one TRI. The daedline for the application had passed but it had to be extended to 07 july, apparently bcos they have not been able to get the number of flight crews that the require.

Me thinks it MIGHT be cos of the salary problems expats at Nigeria's biggest airline are facing thereby warning their compatriots to steer clear of Nigeria.(Amongst other issues)

glideslopealive
8th Jul 2010, 15:30
Absolutely, I agree with you Eagleflier. It is becoming increasingly impossible to get foreign flight crews to come and work here in nigeria

snuble
8th Jul 2010, 17:43
I disagree.

If late salary was the biggest problem, most people would just be talking, not walking!

-Snuble

eagleflier
10th Jul 2010, 08:27
Late salaries is not the biggest problem. most expats come to Nig as a last resort and once there are openings anywhere else, they bounce.

Vortex Thing
22nd Jul 2010, 02:36
Agree with above late salaries are very important but everything else is so bad that I can genuinely speak form personal experience in saying if anyone anywhere in the world offers you a job you are going to take it on just about any Ts&Cs just to not work in Nigeria.

It is not so much an issue with the standard of accommodation, transport, incompetent and unwilling ops/ground staff, appalling management and poor treatment. It is also the fact that there does not seem to be an airline in Nigeria where you are treated equally fairly (be that badly or well) and it is not something that most Europeans and American's that I know are used to or will put up with for anytime longer than it takes to get another job.

I for one am getting very excited about leaving, so much so the party is already planned :):E

Ethiopia
28th Jul 2010, 14:54
Air Nigeria Set to Commence Flights to Congo Brazzaville (http://www.african-aviation.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=454:air-nigeria-set-to-commence-flights-to-congo-brazzaville&catid=16:africa)

glideslopealive
31st Jul 2010, 12:33
am told that VK yesterday held further pilot written assesment for about 16 pilots. Anyone with more info on this? and when are they expecting more B733s?

As rgds their new route to Brazzaville. Beautiful thinking by VK, considering the huge population of Nigerian businessmen over their. Also, don't forget the almost 3000 member of the Nigerian Armed forces serving in the United Nations backed Peace keeping mission in nearby DRC. I know that many of them visit their family back in Nigeria every 3months. they have had to take Kenya Airways or Ethiopian Airlines to Lagos via Nairobi and Addis respectively . Ofcourse, this was a much longer and expensive travel route.

Low-bypass
17th Aug 2010, 18:24
Hi there
I'm a newly 737-300 type-rated and was looking to apply to VK,i'd like to know the insight for the interview for type-rated pilots,what sort of stuffs should i expect?