PDA

View Full Version : Twin Hire in South West England

John Alcock
21st Jun 2010, 15:25
I'm moving to Cornwall soon and am looking for MEP hire in order to keep current and practice IF on. I don't really want to go outside Cornwall or Devon, as Exeter will already be a two hour drive!

I've searched PPRuNe and Google, and the only twin hire I can find is Airways Flight Training at Exeter, who offer a Beech Duchess.

Does anyone know of anywhere else with twin hire in the South West (Cornwall or Devon), or can offer opinions on AFT-Exeter?

I'm planning on getting in touch with the Cornwall Flying Club at Bodmin. Their C152 is for hire at only £105/hr, which seems very cheap. Does anyone have feedback on them, can that price really include fuel?

Thanks in advance.

Vulcan607
21st Jun 2010, 20:18
only about an hour up the M5 and you'll get Bristol Flying Centre/Bristol Aviation.

They offer the PA-34 seneca II, great outfit as are AFT at Exeter.

Can thoroughly recommend Bristol tho, quite good at negotiating twin hourly block rates.

All the best and happy flying

John Alcock
22nd Jun 2010, 08:48
Thanks for the reply Vulcan607.

Unfortunately I'll be living in the Newquay area so Bristol would be at least a six hour round-trip; a bit further than I'd like to travel.

If, as you say, they're just as good as AFT then Exeter looks like the better option, unless anyone else can add anything...?

Neptunus Rex
22nd Jun 2010, 09:09
How about getting a n instructor from Exeter to fly to Newquay International? You would have to pay for the positioning flights, but it would save a lot of hassle.

It's a shame the Shackleton gate guard isn't available. That is serious multi flying, and a taildragger to boot!