PDA

View Full Version : PPL Question and Answer Simplifier

WookieWings
19th Jun 2010, 19:53
Hi Guys and Gals
Please be gentle with me, this is my first post!
Does anyone know what has happened to the PPL Q & A Simplifier by Jeremy Pratt? It seems to be permanently unavailable from the publishers, anyone know why?
Anyone got a copy they would like to donate or sell to me?
WW

Kolossi
19th Jun 2010, 20:19
Don't know about that one specifically, but PPL Confuser has been the same for ages, but a new title has just come out to replace it.

I see you are in Kent, EGKH has just got the new one in, can't remember the title though. Not relevant to me just yet, as of Friday I've now officially got 1 (ONE) hour in my logbook!!! :ok:

Fitter2
19th Jun 2010, 21:57
The Jeremy Pratt PPL Q&A was out of print for a while because the CAA question papers changed, so the answers had to reflect the exams.

Now back in print, and I believe lots are in stock at AFE Manchester and Oxford (at least they were last week when I was there).

disco87
20th Jun 2010, 08:42
I'm about to start my PPL, I've managed to get my hands on a copies of the PPL confuser (5th and 9th editions), and also a 2007 edition of the Jeremy Pratt question and answer book from friends. With you saying that the questions have now changed, does this render them useless?

Thanks

WookieWings
20th Jun 2010, 10:19
Thanks Fitter2, I'll give them a try.

Kolossi
20th Jun 2010, 12:02
@disco87:

Beware PPL Confuser as the last version out apparently had LOTS of errors - ie highlighting the correct answer in bold on the question page, not just the answer page, but more worringly answers that were just plain wrong. I'm guessing very old editions would be irrelevant in topics such as Air Law, but the laws of physics haven't changed all that much recently, so those sections whould be ok :ok:

I'm sure others more experienced than me will highlight this too, and you probably know already, but it's best to only go to tools such as Confuser AFTER you've learnt the material and are pretty confident with it. If you use them to learn, you won't have the background to cope when (not if!) the exam paper you sit is a bit different.

Good luck with the PPL

Fitter2
20th Jun 2010, 19:35
With you saying that the questions have now changed, does this render them useless?
Not useless, unless you are just learning the questions and answers in the hope that will get you through the CAA papers. They are all useful for revision once you have tried to assimilate all the material in any of the ground school book or CD series (Oxford Media, Jeremy Pratt PPL series, Trevor Thom Air Pilot manual series etc.). But for exam prep I would suggest you are undoubtedly better off with the latest version.

Your instructor wil have an opinion, and that's the best person to go for advice.