PDA

View Full Version : indian class 1 medical nessasary for expats-DGCA

tmbpilot
18th Jun 2010, 18:35
DGCA has made it mandatory for expats working in india to have a current class 1 indian medical :} DGCA tightens rules for foreign pilots - Yahoo! India News (http://in.news.yahoo.com/20/20100618/1416/tnl-dgca-tightens-rules-for-foreign-pilo.html)

saw that coming.....comments

rspilot
18th Jun 2010, 18:58
Have done it, passed it, no problems. No different than my medical at home.

tmbpilot
18th Jun 2010, 19:24
thats the way to go man.....dont knw why people dread it....this should address one of the points expat bashers use here .....

IndAir967
19th Jun 2010, 04:00
Expats do the indian medical (renewal standards) .. not the initial standards..

AviatorVette
19th Jun 2010, 06:31
wait did you do a class 1 initial or was it renewal standard? Initial is very tough.

rspilot
19th Jun 2010, 06:38
The ONLY reason I don't like it is because I have to catch an early flight to Mumbai and then an afternoon flight back so it takes all day. If it is required for my job, than so be it. The medical itself is nothing to worry over.

NephewBob
19th Jun 2010, 09:49
So let's get this straight.

An Indian Class 1 is superior to every other class 1 exam in the world?

By this requirement, they (Indian AME's) will uncover all the medical problems that other Aviation Medical Examiners have somehow 'missed'?

What is the point? (Or have I missed it)

Airbus_a321
19th Jun 2010, 10:02
indian class 1 medical nessasary for expats-DGCA

welcome in the global and standardised world of aviation :yuk:
Shouldn't there be one Global Standard or is it just to make extra money.

maybe in near future we have to fly our Buses and Boeings according
Indian Standard, Sandpit Standard, German Standard,...etc, etc :confused: :ugh:

drive73
19th Jun 2010, 10:18
Maybe the Indian pilots should have spent more time lobbying for the international medical standard and not the Indian standard. LOL..

Like two kids in the play ground who get caught fighting and the Indian kid is mad because the other kid is only going to get two spankings, instead of four. I would have asked for the same punishment as the other kid. Maybe you should think about what the outcome of your battle will be. Instead of a less invasive medical like other countries, you have the same one.. Good job boys, way to stick it to the expats.

weido_salt
19th Jun 2010, 11:07
Aren't the DGCA a bit inconsistent??

They wont give an Indian licence to a non Indian national and now by this latest BS, they are not recognising any other ICAO issued licence.

We can all be sure though, if they go ahead then there will be no more accidents incidents in Indian registered aircraft.:ugh:

When does the medical have to be carried out BTW? I guess before another FATA is issued.

I think the fighter pilot medical is not tough enough. It should be up to astronaut standard at the very least. A medical so stringent, only a world class athlete would have any hope at getting through.

Old story, get rid of the expats, upgrade the inexperienced and then you will see more smoking holes. What a bunch of baffoons.

itsbrokenagain
19th Jun 2010, 11:40
Come on , can anyone read:

From the dgca website...

Amendment to CAR Section 7 Series 'G' Part I I - Validation Of Foreign Licences Of Flight Crew Comments required by 16th July 2010. Mail to: Shri Arvind Sardana, Director (T&L), Email: [email protected] / [email protected] Comments on revision highlighted in Para 3.5 and Para 9 may be provided.

Anyone that believes an Indian press release is a fool, how can it be law when its still in draft??

aditya104
21st Jun 2010, 04:32
this topic is already in discussion in another thread (3 days ago)
http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/418278-writ-plea-against-engaging-foreign-pilots-india-2.html#post5761164

jimmygill
26th Jun 2010, 15:30
Come on , can anyone read:

From the dgca website...

Amendment to CAR Section 7 Series 'G' Part I I - Validation Of Foreign Licences Of Flight Crew Comments required by 16th July 2010
@itsbrokenagain
Here is the amended regulation
http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7G-G2.pdf

Please note:
1. Date of Ammendment 8th June 2010
2. Date of publication of article referenced in post # 1 18th June 2010
3. Date of your post 19th June 2010

Not everything can be googled.

Aren't the DGCA a bit inconsistent??

They wont give an Indian licence to a non Indian national and now by this latest BS, they are not recognising any other ICAO issued licence.
You are mistaken, they will give you the Indian License based on your experience earned abroad, irrespective of your nationality, only thing you will have to do is clear all the written exams and physicals the same way as an Indian national does.

You will also need security clearance, which the Indian national also needs to fly.

You can get the Indian CPL without any company sponsoring you. Yes work permit is a different story.

Old story, get rid of the expats, upgrade the inexperienced and then you will see more smoking holes. What a bunch of baffoons.
Buffoons. PPRUNE has spell check facility. It helps you learn more.

Expats will be needed but only as TRE/TRI not as line captains, so if you fit the bill get here, for a short stint.

weido_salt
26th Jun 2010, 15:52
Jolly good.

Now tell me of one expat who holds a full Indian ATPL? There are none. You know why? Because the DGCA wont let them have one.

I know people who came in with a 5 year work-permit. As they were being obstructed in the FATA application process they enquired as to the possibility of getting an Indian licence. They were given the "1 fingered salute".

So get your facts straight and admit India does not play a fair game.

As far as incorrect spelling is concerned, you are correct. As i dont feel the need to use the word baboon often i slipped up. However in the above situation words began to fail me, as it appears spelling did too.

jimmygill
26th Jun 2010, 16:46
Jolly good.

Now tell me of one expat who holds a full Indian ATPL? There are none. You know why? Because the DGCA wont let them have one.

Why would a single expat like to get the full Indian ATPL if he can get the FATA, based on just a single computerised written exam conducted every month and an interview.

Getting a full Indian ATPL will entail
1. Getting the Indian Class 1 Initial Medical, waitlist runs in months.
2. He will have to get the Indian RTR(A), not easy to pass..
3. He will have to clear at least 4 ATPL level DGCA exams conducted only every quarter.
4. Getting a morse code proficiency certificate
5. Security clearance
and many more things...

Since this is going to be a personal affair, he will not be assisted by his company staff in getting this done... Ask any expat if he would like to go through this, especially when an Indian ATPL doesn't guarantee work rights in India. The Indian ATPL to an expat has no commercial value attached to it.

I know people who came in with a 5 year work-permit. As they were being obstructed in the FATA application process they enquired as to the possibility of getting an Indian licence. They were given the "1 fingered salute".

If they were obstructed in FATA, they will be obstructed in regular ATPL too, but mind you the Indian applicants also face these obstructions.

The fact is that any individual of any nationality can get Indian flying licenses as long as he/she can get a security clearance, which for your information is not handled by DGCA.

Remember facts are not folklores.

So get your facts straight and admit India does not play a fair game.

My facts are correct, but I cannot ask you to get your bull**** correct, because there ain't no thing as correct bull****.

weido_salt
26th Jun 2010, 18:55
Jimmy

We are all very well aware of the Indian ability to complicate issues. Your post is further proof. Ever heard of K.I.S?

I didn't enquire what the whole curriculum of the long drawn out Indian licence process was. (What relevance Morse has in this day and age defies logic). Yes I am able to read Morse at 20 WPM, BTW. I stated the expat is not allowed to hold an Indian license, period. You have given me no proof to the contrary.

Over kill in the class room and the books will do very little to reduce the accident rates. Experience will. Experience that cant be learnt in the classroom. Experience that comes from actually doing the job, year in and year out and learning from our mistakes and that of others.

itsbrokenagain
27th Jun 2010, 03:27
Hey jimmy doesnt this just show you the level of incompetence of ones own 'worldclass' aviation authority when they have a draft with comments by July prior to implementation posted on their site, but then 1 month before the comment period closes the new rule is implemented!!

Now thats a fine organization we have here isnt it !.

Someone better run around and ground all the expats flying !!

jimmygill
27th Jun 2010, 03:59
We are all very well aware of the Indian ability to complicate issues. Your post is further proof. Ever heard of K.I.S?

I didn't enquire what the whole curriculum of the long drawn out Indian licence process was. (What relevance Morse has in this day and age defies logic). Yes I am able to read Morse at 20 WPM, BTW. I stated the expat is not allowed to hold an Indian license, period. You have given me no proof to the contrary.

You stated
1. Expats are not allowed to have Indian Licenses ( I disagreed)
2. Now tell me of one expat who holds a full [sic]* Indian ATPL? There are none.

That there does not exist even a single expat with Indian ATPL is not a proof that they are not allowed to have an Indian ATPL.

Or to make it a bit easier for you. The fact that there is not a single Martian staying in city of New York, doesn't imply that City of New York has any policy against Martians residing in New York.

One way to provide a proof that NY doesn't have any policy against Martians residing in NY, is actually listing all the NY City codes and policies and point towards the absence of any such policy.

Another way is to actually find a Martian legally residing in Manhattan.
Legal presence of a Martian in Manhattan may prove that NY doesn't have any Martians-not-allowed policy.

But Martian's absence cannot be considered a proof of existence of alleged policy.

You say Unicorns exist.
You want me to prove that they don't.
Why don't you just show me a Unicorn and I will believe you?

Show me an Indian policy which states that only Indian nationals are allowed to hold DGCA issued pilot licenses and I will believe you, and I will put an apology in the forum. And trust me, I will start working towards removing that policy.

Over kill in the class room and the books will do very little to reduce the accident rates. Experience will. Experience that cant be learnt in the classroom. Experience that comes from actually doing the job, year in and year out and learning from our mistakes and that of others.

Well thats profound and a bit irrelevant to case in hand, isn't it? But I guess for you a classroom session in logic and reasoning will be of great help. After all a skilled level of reasoning is what distinguishes a buffoon from a baboon.

Remember the Wright Brothers had no planes to get experience before the first fight.

jimmygill
27th Jun 2010, 04:07
Hey jimmy doesnt this just show you the level of incompetence of ones own 'worldclass' aviation authority when they have a draft with comments by July prior to implementation posted on their site, but then 1 month before the comment period closes the new rule is implemented!!

Now thats a fine organization we have here isnt it !.

Someone better run around and ground all the expats flying !!

Yes it does show their level of incompetence. But any one who had would have searched for para 3.5 and para 9 would have come across the error as the said draft didn't have any Para 3.5 or Para 3.5. The webmaster did correct the error, but just like you didn't apologise for it or made a notice of the error.

aditya104
27th Jun 2010, 05:04
@jimmygill
R u talking abt the following paragraph? Rev 8th June.
2.4 viii c

c) Valid Class-I medical :-
a. From Contracting state for keeping the Foreign License Current; and
b. Issued by DGCA India to ensure the medical fitness in accordance to
the Aircraft Rules 1937 equivalent to class-I renewal medical
standards as per Rule 39B of the Aircraft Rules 1937 and the period of
validity of medical fitness Assessment shall be as per Rule 39C of the
Aircraft Rules 1937.

screwballburling
4th Aug 2011, 03:43
Hello all

Anyone know the audio gram pass criteria for the IAF/DGCA medical.

I have applied for a position, based in India. Before I do anything else I would like to know if I will get through the medical.

Any input will be welcome

itsbrokenagain
4th Aug 2011, 09:09
There is no written criteria, its pretty simply the audiogram. The best bet for you is to get a hold of the JAA/Easa test criteria for this part and go get a test in the USA and ask the doctor/technician if you can pass the criteria.

My hearing isnt all that great and I had no problems. Eye sight and the blood work normally is a bigger issue.

screwballburling
4th Aug 2011, 17:12
itsbrokenagain

Say again, over!

Thanks for that. I shall proceed with caution.

Bet your hearing ain't as bad as mine!

itsbrokenagain
5th Aug 2011, 01:18
according to my wife I am deaf...

concorde77
31st Aug 2011, 11:46
Hi there guys

I am from india. Have a doubt regarding pilot medical in general. I have done my DGCA ( directorate general of civil aviation ) class 2 and class 1 medical exam. DGCA is the licensing body in india. In my class 2 i was declared to have 6/6 vision. In my DGCA class1 i was not told i have a power of (-0.5) in my left eye alone in my right eye i have 6/6 vision. I have also done my LASIK eye surgery about 3 years back. I was frank with this to my DGCA doctor . Both class 2 and class1 . After 3 months the DGCA class 1 medicals certificate was posted to my house and i was declared fit. Behind the certificate it was written ""that while flying i should wear my glasses".

The DGCA class one doctor told that is i would have come for a normal eye check he wouldnt have suggested glasses for me and told that i do not need glasses while driving normally on the road . i also test my eye with 5 best eye hospitals in my city they all told that i have 6/6 vision.

My question to you guys is -

Since i have done LASIK surgery and still am wearing glasses( -0.5 in one eye ),, even though i am declared fit by my DGCA class 1 would i be looked at differently when i go for a interview with an airline.

Eventhough i do good in an interview would a person not so good as me given a preference since he has not undergone LASIK surgery.

I am asking these question with regards to civil aviation only( passenger airline ) not military aviation.

Thanks a million for your time .Cheers :ok::ok::ok:

DesiPilot
31st Aug 2011, 17:20
concord,

No one cares whether you wear glasses or not. Next time you are at the airport just look around and see how many pilots wear glasses. The airlines do not give preference on the basis whether you've had LASIK done or not.

Study hard, work hard and good luck.

concorde77
1st Sep 2011, 13:35
Thanks alot Desi pilot.Very glad to hear that .