PDA

View Full Version : STRATHAVEN AIRFIELD - fly-in still on despite hanagr fire

xrayalpha
17th Jun 2010, 13:43
Hi all,

Just to let you know, despite the hangar fire which looks to have destroyed all our aircraft, this weekend's fly-in is still going ahead.

The HangarFest hangar dance on Saturday nightis cancelled - due to the lack of a hangar! - but there will still be camping, beer and a BBQ for visiting pilots.

The Sunday Folk & BLues Family Fun Day Fly-In is still going on.

Free camping, free landing fees and lots of fun. Forecast is stunning!

We plan to close the runway from 2pm until 4pm for some radio-controlled jets, other models, hovercraft etc, but should people need away with weather etc there will be no problem.

Can arrange fuel runs too.

Info: Strathaven Airfield - Microlight Flying, and Home of the Scottish Flying Club (http://www.strathavenairfield.co.uk)

fisbangwollop
17th Jun 2010, 19:53
Sorry to hear about the fire.....I was advised at work last week and feel sorry for your resident ATC man that may have lost his wee toy :( he kept promising me a flight but never got around to it. Was hopeing to visit Saturday but now find I am day shift at Scottish Info......best of luck to you all for a great day and hope things can recover quickly after the fire.......best wishes to you all....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

xrayalpha
17th Jun 2010, 20:17
Hi,

Come after your shift!

Just discovered we have ordered double quantities of beer!

I have a barrel of Strathaven Ales' new summer ale and one of their Avondale, the ACT guys have some barrels from Harviestoun.

Just as well there's camping on the Saturday night!

xrayalpha
19th Jun 2010, 17:10
Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who poppoed in today - a Quik R and GT450 just landed - including folk from Northern ireland and Gyros from Cumbria.

Great to see a bit of life at the airfield - even with the hangar doors firmly closed.

Look forward to seeing more of you tomorrow for the Folk & Blues Family Fun day.

Thanks again for a great lift to the spirits and a show that Strathaven survives!

macsharon
23rd Jun 2010, 09:05
Thanks to everyone at Strathaven for a fantastic fly-in - the BBQ and live music were excellent.

Also particular thanks to Colin, Marta, Graham and Kenny who gave up loads of their time to help me with my broken plane! It was very much appreciated and I'm looking forward to welcoming you to Oban! :ok:

Sharon x

PH-UKU
24th Jun 2010, 19:05
Hi Colin. So sorry to hear about the fire :( What a $hite piece of news after all the hard work you've put in :( Fingers crossed it all gets sorted by the insurance. When I had my wee storm trouble I was beside myself ... but the insurers were great and got things sorted as quickly as possible.

H

Say again s l o w l y
24th Jun 2010, 22:34
Oh blimey, sorry to hear about that Colin, that's awful.

I hope you get it all sorted out as quickly as possible.

Ifor