PDA

View Full Version : Problem with McCauley spares ?

Hugh_Jarse
16th Jun 2010, 08:26
Is anyone having problems getting hold of spares for McCauley props in the UK? My prop has been away for overhaul for ages, and the overhaul company is telling me they're struggling to get spares out of McCauley in the USA.

Anyone having similar probs ?

S-Works
16th Jun 2010, 09:12
Is it CFS by chance......

A and C
16th Jun 2010, 10:07
I don't know to much about the VP prop side of Mc Caulley but the wheel & brake product has gone to Cleavland, they supply some parts but no longer make the wheel & brake asembleys, but they do supply wheel & brake kits for a number of ex McCaulley aircraft. The cost of these kits is very reasonable and it makes long term financal sense to fit a whole new wheel & brake kit rather than trying to get the last bit of life out of the old McCaulley brakes.

As for CFS, I have only used them once but have had no trouble with them and have no reason not to do business with them in the future.

Hugh_Jarse
16th Jun 2010, 10:47
Guys, this does not involve CFS

S-Works
16th Jun 2010, 13:49
As for CFS, I have only used them once but have had no trouble with them and have no reason not to do business with them in the future.

I don't think anyone was suggesting otherwise, but I do know that they are complaining of great difficulty in getting parts.

smarthawke
17th Jun 2010, 20:48
Just to even up the score - even if it wasn't meant to be headed the other way...

We've used CFS for countless fixed pitch and variable pitch props over the last few years and never had a problem. They also did a very nice overhaul of our Gipsy Major. Good people to deal with.

Back on thread, not heard of any particular problems with McCauley props but as has been said, why not ask McCauley direct?