PDA

View Full Version : MFD to Get? GMX200 or EX600

leondelfierro
15th Jun 2010, 06:49
Hi there!.. my company is getting a C90B on behalf of a customer, thing is the bird comes with the KMD850... we want to change that MFD for a newer one, we can't make a choice, because we will like to collect a bit of experience on the displays...anyway things are coming to the Avidyne side due to the map-radar overlay feature, but still want to hear about the Garmin... i understand both have VP radar display capability... looks that they are very simillar in what they offer... does anyone have a hint about any of the displays?
would be great to hear any input about it...

Thank you very much!:ok:

Big Pistons Forever
15th Jun 2010, 16:04
An airplane I fly has the GMX 200 which displays the picture from a Bendix VP radar. The unit is very impressive as a moving map as well as a radar display. I have no hesitation in recommending it, however I have never used the EX600 so I cannot comment on the comparison. I have been told that the EX600 has a much wider selection of radar interfaces than the GMX 200 so you may not have a choice depending on what radar you have installed

nouseforaname
15th Jun 2010, 16:27
i use the gmx200. it's easy to use and obviously has all the other stuff like traffic stormscope vfr and ifr maps along with the radar. We replaced the older MX20 with ths gmx200 and its a way better machine. you can get jep chart view for it too.....