PDA

View Full Version : Wow! We got radar!

Pilot DAR
15th Jun 2010, 01:08
The quiet airport to which I commute several days a week for work (Muskoka, CYQA), has a new radar installation! Who'd a thought that the modest twenty or so movements a day would justify a radar installation - we don't even have air traffic control!

Oh, wait... It's all military grey....

It seems that the upcoming G8 meeting justifies radar at our airport. Those Cessnas and Pipers must pose quite a threat! Now they can see us coming, as we turn out of the tiedown. I suppose they need the early warning. When I flew the Cessna 206 up to the G8 site for a look a few weeks back, it was a 15 minute flight to get there... I would not want to surprise them with a stealth arrival!

Well... in a few weeks, it will all be over, and they will have taken their toys, and given our airport back. I suppose the 4 mile of perimeter fence is there to stay - what a gift..... I feel so much more secure! My multi billion tax dollars still at work keeping me safe, after the world leaders leave!

Pilot DAR
15th Jun 2010, 17:54
landing fees, damn they are cheap!

I suppose they are... I would not know, I've never been asked to pay!

Though landing fees are not too common around here, they are becoming more so. As the owner of an aerodrome, I have some understanding of this, and willingness to pay. Somebody has to cover the cost of the airport!

mad_jock
15th Jun 2010, 18:27
Is it a mobile radar jobbie?