PDA

View Full Version : DA42NG differences training

Trim Stab
14th Jun 2010, 12:55
Hello,

I am an FI, hold MEP, and have done the Diamond factory DA42NG differences courses. Can I give differences instruction on DA42NG to current DA42 MEP holders?

S-Works
14th Jun 2010, 13:03
Yes................. if you hold a CRI ME or FI with ME Instructional privileges.

Trim Stab
14th Jun 2010, 14:03
Yes................. if you hold a CRI ME or FI with ME Instructional privileges.

No I don't - I just hold FI, MEP and Diamond NG differences training certificate.

Diamond told me that I could give differences instruction to those who are already trained on the original DA42 - but I think that may only apply to Austrian FI holders (in Austria, you just need to hold MEP to be FI(MEP) and IR to be FI(IR) etc - so this is consistent with the Austrian way of thinking.

However, as I am only teaching differences to students already qualified on DA42, do I absolutely need to hold FI with ME instructional privileges?

S-Works
14th Jun 2010, 14:11
If you are being paid for your services and/or are logging time in an Instructional capacity then you are required to hold an Instructor rating for the type/class of aircraft.

BillieBob
14th Jun 2010, 14:36
Doesn't matter whether you are being paid or not, differences training is an integral part of training for the relevant class or type rating and the privileges of your FI rating do not extend to such instruction. To do so, you would have to comply with the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.380a (i.e. complete the CRI(SPA) course and pass the associated FI skill test).

S-Works
14th Jun 2010, 14:43
and/or

the evidence is in the wording......