PDA

View Full Version : Class A in Germany??

Blue Albatross
9th Jun 2010, 14:13
I was reviewing a Eurocontrol document which was dated 2007 and it showed the various classes of airspace used across Europe, along with the typical FL's/Altitudes they are used at.

Here's the link.

http://www.eurocontrol.int/airspace/gallery/content/public/Classification%20mid%20april%202007.pdf

But I did not see any Class A listed as being used in Germany. Is that indeed the case?

S-Works
9th Jun 2010, 14:49
It is only really the UK that uses Class A outside at GA levels in any noticeable way. The rest of the world manages to get by with standard structure.

Blue Albatross
9th Jun 2010, 14:54
I know from experience that Netherlands is riddled with the stuff, but I was planning a flight to France via Germany and noticed that I didn't see Class A anywhere in Germany and wanted to verify if that was indeed the case.

Thanks for getting back to me though.

what next
9th Jun 2010, 16:51
But I did not see any Class A listed as being used in Germany. Is that indeed the case?

You are right. There is no class A airspace in Germany. And no class B either!

Shorrick Mk2
23rd Jun 2010, 11:50
Isn't most of Italy south of a Turin-Milan line all class A?

Sunday Bird
23rd Jun 2010, 12:51
@Shorrick Mk2

> Isn't most of Italy south of a Turin-Milan line all class A?

YES, unfortunately for the VFRs! If I remember well, you have to fly all the time bellow 1000ft AGL and maybe even lower in some sort of "terrain following mode".. :(

Better have a good GPS (with good batteries!) for navigation, because at low altitude, VOR emissions are weaker and the landmarks are ... racing by!

fuzzy6988
23rd Jun 2010, 13:40
YES, unfortunately for the VFRs! If I remember well, you have to fly all the time bellow 1000ft AGL and maybe even lower in some sort of "terrain following mode"..

What a disaster...

Talkdownman
23rd Jun 2010, 13:53
Shorrick Mk2, are you any relation to Shorrock Mk5...??

Shorrick Mk2
24th Jun 2010, 07:32
Ehh, no, I'm afraid I'm not :-)