PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Despatch requirement A320

ggofpac
9th Jun 2010, 03:06
A bit confused. Here we go,

After push back and engines started but BEFORE commencement of taxi , if an ecam message appear ( status or level 1 caution etc. ) and after consulted the MEL/DDG , is it a REQUIREMENT for the aircraft to be signed off by an engineer if there are NO Maintenance procedures required ( MEL/DDG) ? In which case that would involve shutting down the engines and pull back to stand.

It just seems silly to shut down and pull back to stand where the MEL/DDG allows u to go without any maintenance procedures. But i'm not sure if it is required to signed off/despatch by an engineer since u haven't move under your own power.

Thanks.:)

Pro Spin
9th Jun 2010, 08:31
Hi ggofpac

If the MEL states that there are no maintenance actions required then there is no requirement to go back on stand. You will have to ensure that you satisfy the requirements of the MEL for the particular issue you have and complete any Operational Procedures that are associated with it.

The captain will annotate the tech log by writing the issue in the defects column, and in the Action Taken column, something along the lines of "Dispatched IAW (in accordance with) MEL REF. 1.2.3.4 with their signature.

(I suppose there may be the chance that the Operational Procedure could include actions that require engines to be shut down but without an MEL in front of me I can't check if there are any that are like this)

Hope that helps

Pro Spin

ggofpac
10th Jun 2010, 01:20
Thank you. :)