PDA

View Full Version : Sandtoft Fly In Saturday 7th August 2010

7of9
8th Jun 2010, 23:56
I have been asked to help organise the Sandtoft Fly In on Saturday August 7th 2010.

I am asking around for any aircraft from Breighton, vintage or GA welcome, also invited Lincs & Yorkshire Air Ambulances to fly their Helicopters in. I have made several request around the aviation population for interesting types to join us. If you can help or would like to fly in please PM me or Contact Nikky at the address below, everyone welcome.

Landing fee's are free of course.

I am organising for enthusiast to be able to take photo's of visiting aircraft on the flight line supervised by Myself & Lewis Steeper if he's free for the day, NO one will be permitted to climb or touch aircraft unless invited by the pilot of the aircraft if he so wishes to give "Tours"

Nearer the time i will publish a thread inviting anyone who wishes to take photo's of the Flight line to put their name down so we can organise times & numbers. It will be Free to Photograph.

There will be food & drinks for you to purchase on the day from the club house & not sure yet but think they might break the BBQ out again.

Also i have asked if any of the Display aircraft are transiting to or from any Display's in the area & are willing to do a fly past or two on the day.

The weather is being prayed for & hoping for lots of aircraft.

Please come & support us.

If any of you reading this can help please PM me with details, also if you want to visit by flying in please get in touch with me by PM or Nikky at Sandtoft;

Airfield Manager
Sandtoft Airfield
Belton
Doncaster
Tele: 01427 873676
mail: [email protected]

Many thanks for your help.

Trevor Marshall

flybymike
9th Jun 2010, 11:36
also if you want to visit by flying in please get in touch with me by PM or Nikky at Sandtoft;

Are you effectively saying that this will be a PPR fly in only? If so, I think it will radically reduce attendance.

7of9
9th Jun 2010, 13:12
No not a PPR fly in, We just wanted to know what numbers to expect that's all.

Everyone flying in is welcome & can just turn up on the day without PPR.

I was looking to find out if any Vintage or other types unusual might want to come & also let us know.

As i said i was running enthusiast photo opportunities on the day as we don't want members of the public wandering around a live airfield unsupervised, Dayglo vest will be supplied & worn by supervised photographer & anyone will be welcome.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks Trev

7of9
14th Jun 2010, 11:31
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/kirksandall/SBposter.jpg

trev

7of9
9th Jul 2010, 09:36
Just a quick bump to remind anyone who is interested it's now a month away.
Thanks
Trev

JTobias
9th Jul 2010, 19:58
Hi

Are helicopters welcome ?

Joel :ok:

7of9
9th Jul 2010, 23:41
Hi

Are helicopters welcome ?

Joel

Of course, the more the merrier, Microlights too.

Thanks Trev:ok::ok::ok:

JOE-FBS
12th Jul 2010, 15:15
Can the public visit on the ground? My eight year old nephew-by-choice [well what can an avowed atheist call his godson? :) ], is a regular watcher at Sandtoft and I recently gave him his first ever flight there so I would like to suggest to his mum that they drop-in to look at the visitors (keeping land-side, obviously).

Sadly, cannot fly-in myself, I'm already booked on another fly-in the next day and neither the wallet nor the family would stand me flying all weekend!

ChampChump
12th Jul 2010, 22:39
Could I just mention that the dreaded high-vis vests, as mentioned above for photographer/enthusiasts, can be confusing for incoming aircraft when one is conditioned (vaguely) to expect any marshallers to be wearing same? As one lands, there is often a crowd of photographers and ones concerns are to taxy as required, get to the parking and not bump into anyone, not necessarily in that order. Trying to sort out marshallers from others is much easier if only those who need them are wearing them.

Not knowing the arrangements yet to be made for parking, I may well be out of order, but I know this has been an issue at some popular places where the number of people wearing the day-glo 'authority' all but equalled the number of aircraft. Arriving aeroplane drivers need to know that the person in the yuk-coloured vest waving his arms in helpful fashion is the marshaller, not an enthusiast waving to his mate. Should be obvious, you say, but when there's a sea of spotters, it isn't necessarily so. Personally, I'd like to see a different badge for those designated safe enthusiasts.

7of9
13th Jul 2010, 00:01
Can the public visit on the ground? My eight year old nephew-by-choice [well what can an avowed atheist call his godson? ], is a regular watcher at Sandtoft and I recently gave him his first ever flight there so I would like to suggest to his mum that they drop-in to look at the visitors (keeping land-side, obviously).

Sadly, cannot fly-in myself, I'm already booked on another fly-in the next day and neither the wallet nor the family would stand me flying all weekend!

Of course any one is welcome whether flying in or coming in by car. Please do visit.

Could I just mention that the dreaded high-vis vests, as mentioned above for photographer/enthusiasts, can be confusing for incoming aircraft when one is conditioned (vaguely) to expect any marshallers to be wearing same? As one lands, there is often a crowd of photographers and ones concerns are to taxy as required, get to the parking and not bump into anyone, not necessarily in that order. Trying to sort out marshallers from others is much easier if only those who need them are wearing them.

Not knowing the arrangements yet to be made for parking, I may well be out of order, but I know this has been an issue at some popular places where the number of people wearing the day-glo 'authority' all but equalled the number of aircraft. Arriving aeroplane drivers need to know that the person in the yuk-coloured vest waving his arms in helpful fashion is the marshaller, not an enthusiast waving to his mate. Should be obvious, you say, but when there's a sea of spotters, it isn't necessarily so. Personally, I'd like to see a different badge for those designated safe enthusiasts.

Point taken, however as you land Nikky on the radio will give instructions on where to park, we have no marshallers on the airfield, the rule of the club is that anyone airside is supposed to wear Dayglo/Highviz vest.
I will be in charge of any photographers & they will be wearing vests, i will also be making sure that they are aware of taxiing aircraft & will keep them out of harms way.

Thanks for raising the points though.

Cheers Trev

7of9
1st Aug 2010, 08:15
Just Bumping this up again as it's next Saturday if anyone is interested.

Thanks Trev

7of9
6th Aug 2010, 08:45
Weather looks reasonable for our fly in TOMORROW if anyone is interested;

Met Office: Scunthorpe: forecast weather (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/scunthorpe_forecast_weather.html)

Hope to see a few of you there,

Cheers Trev:ok::ok: