PDA

View Full Version : PPL/FI

ClintonBaptiste
6th Jun 2010, 23:57
I have been waiting for the renewal of my CPL to arrive, yet after 3 weeks it has not reached Spain. If I still have my PPL, can I technically still teach - just without being paid? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I've been in a traffic jam for 3 hours and may not be thinking straight.

Thanks

Whopity
7th Jun 2010, 06:53
The question is do you have a valid licence? If your old licence has gone back for "Re-issue" and the old one has not expired you can still use it. You said "Renewal" which by definition means something has expired! Or was that a misuse of the terms? Assuming it s a JAA licence, JAR-FCL 1.065 states:(e) An applicant shall hold only one JAR–FCL licence (aeroplane) and only one medical certificate at any time. A lot of people do hold more than one licence which may include a PPL issued by another State, the question then is, does it contain a valid FI rating?

You must have a licence that is valid with a rating that is valid, signed by the holder to exercise the privileges.

S-Works
7th Jun 2010, 08:58
A lot of people do hold more than one licence which may include a PPL issued by another State, the question then is, does it contain a valid FI rating

Indeed, in fact the UK CAA are perfectly happy to allow people to have more than one JAA licence issued in different JAA states as long as the levels are different, UK JAA PPL and Irish JAA CPL/ATPL for instance. I know of a number of Ryanair Pilots who have kept UK JAA PPL licences and have Irish JAA CPL/ATPL licences so they can keep the IMCr. The UK CAA are perfectly happy with this as are the Irish. I know of a number of other instances with other JAA countries where this occurs.