PDA

View Full Version : Tipsy Nipper syndicate - Norfolk/Suffolk border

microlightgary
3rd Jun 2010, 20:53
I'd like to form a small syndicate to buy and operate a Jabiru engined Tipsy Nipper - 2/3 members (ideally).
If anyone's interested I have access to FREE secure hangarage with power, lighting and heating on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Located in Class G airspace with 2.7KM of pristine blacktop there are no resident aircraft other than a small number of microlight/GA types which operate infrequently.
I'm also an aircraft engineer with experience on Nippers and Jabiru engines so maintenance and operation should be very affordable...

Please PM me if interested. :ok:

PS - if anyone already has something aerobatic and affordable, perhaps we could come to some arrangement regarding flying/partnership/maintenance (Permit aircraft only).

Rod1
3rd Jun 2010, 22:58
Wish I lived closer, I would be very interested!

Rod1
(former Nipper owner)

microlightgary
6th Jun 2010, 09:55
Hmm, not much feedback so far (although its only been a few days). Anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to advertise this to stimulate interest? :uhoh:
I've placed an Ad on AFORS and the post on here so far.
There can't be a much cheaper way to get into aero's - I just need to find 1 or 2 like-minded people...

Rod1 - can't you move closer :}

microlightgary
9th Jun 2010, 16:21
Blatant post to put this at the top of the forum (however briefly!) :E
Surely someone in Norfolk/Suffolk must want to do aerobatics for minimum outlay...

Rod1
9th Jun 2010, 16:55
My experience of forming groups, including around a Nipper, is you have to buy the aircraft then offer shares. This always gets people interested, as it is more real. It also opens up the possibility of making some money on the shares.

Rod1

microlightgary
10th Jun 2010, 06:00
Hi Rod,
thanks for that. I'm seriously thinking about it!

Unusual Attitude
10th Jun 2010, 18:50
You know it makes sense Gary!! ;)

raw1003
23rd Jun 2010, 07:30
I'm interested - although perhaps not for a few months yet. I'll PM...
Rob

MFC_Fly
23rd Jun 2010, 19:04
This "secure hangarage" you have access to wouldn't happen to be VERY secure with big thick concrete walls and really heavy doors surrounded by trees at a location starting with 'H' and ending with 'n' would it?

If so, offer the airfield warden a trip if you put an aircraft there. He is a top bloke that looked after a few of us very well on a recent overnight visit there :ok:

Zulu Alpha
23rd Jun 2010, 20:09
If so, offer the airfield warden a trip if you put an aircraft there
Might not work as the Tipsy is a single seater.

microlightgary, I have asked around but no takers.

Why not make a lower offer for it rather than wait for a group.. or even ask the current owner to keep a 1/3rd share which he could sell on in the future... I don't think Tipsy Nippers are selling well at the moment.

ZA now DGJ

Lister Noble
23rd Jun 2010, 20:23
Is that your new reg,and will you be at OB on Sunday?
:)

raw1003
23rd Jun 2010, 21:39
From the 'Banter' here it seems like I'm in the right place (living in Bardwell and flying from a very local strip). Lister - I'll try to be at OB or Rougham this weekend if I can. Hope to catch up with you chaps soon,
Rob G-CRAB (Skyranger).

P.S. Just about to commit to a share in a Beagle Pup at Shipdham so that I can learn aeros and 'upgrade' my licence - then I can start thinking about a nipper...!

Zulu Alpha
23rd Jun 2010, 21:58
Lister,

Here is the new toy.

Prob not at Old B as I'm at a competition on Fri and Sat and will probably need a lie down on Sun!!!!

Hope all is well
DGJ

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4627219960_0e0042af8a.jpg

MFC_Fly
26th Jun 2010, 17:35
If so, offer the airfield warden a trip if you put an aircraft there Might not work as the Tipsy is a single seater.
He could sit on the wing :O