PDA

View Full Version : Goose Bay

DLT1939
31st May 2010, 15:48
Planning to overnight in Goose Bay in late June. Any tips on best hotel to choose/avold?

wrecker
31st May 2010, 17:21
The only one I have tried is the Aurora Motel, but I wouldn't recommend it!

Duchess_Driver
31st May 2010, 20:56
Hotel North, Loring Drive $119 Canadian a night plus HST

Hotel North (http://www.atyp.com/hotelnorth/)

Not a lot of choice, I am led to belive, but this one was clean, tidy and welcoming after a long flight. Close to 'facilities'.

Just a tip, make sure that you're with a mobile provider that is tied with Bell Telecom. I am led to believe they are the only provider in the area and my UK mobile was about as much use as a chocolate firegurard.

Great place - have fun. :ok:

DD

julian_storey
31st May 2010, 21:32
I'll second 'Hotel North'.

Basic, but clean and Irving Aviation will come pick you up from there if you ask them nicely.

Lurcherman
1st Jun 2010, 08:33
Hotel North 1 is favourite with Mariners rest next door and bar next to that if you are so inclined. There is Hotel North 2 further down with Jungle Jims rest there but mate had to lay over in BIRK having eaten there. Not saying it had anything to do with the food!
Trappers rest if you want to cook your own caribou steak. Did find gem of a cafe next door to souvenir shop last time through. Cafe Inconnu Inc, 5 Loring Drive just across road ,from Hotel North 2. Looks nothing from outside but new owners making a real effort. Comfy chairs, broadband and they were talking about setting up cheap phone facilities. They would open early for you for breakfast and make you a "packing up" for the trip.

nouseforaname
1st Jun 2010, 15:23
you'll find it amazing that there are no windows (or hardly any) in the buildings....it's seriously odd

DLT1939
1st Jun 2010, 20:42
Thanks guys.

Notice nobody mentioned Labrador Inn.

Cowboy-76
1st Jun 2010, 22:06
Goose Bay is great.

1. Woodward Aviation for Handling.
2. Hotel North 1 or 2
3. Trappers Cabin for a good steak.

Stayed in the Labrador Inn a couple of times, good if you like an Eskimo Fight of a night. (Both times I stayed there) Stick to the Hotel North.

I havent found any UK based mobile phone that works there.