PDA

View Full Version : church fenton and monarch engineering

md 600 driver
31st May 2010, 10:14
i heard a rumour that monarch engineering has bought a hanger at church fenton as a engineering base anyone know if its true
steve

x933
31st May 2010, 20:58
Unlikely. There's only three hangars at CF. One for 3SQN 1EFTS, One for YUAS/9AEF and the middle hangar is the gymnasium/fire section. Even if you could persuade 3SQN to bunk up with YUAS (Some studes may require less persuasion than others :E) I doubt that there's sufficient infrastructure in it to make it a viable proposition.

Interesting rumour though...

davski
1st Jun 2010, 14:46
The based units use the same pool of Grob Tutors, all of which are housed in hangar 1. Hangar 2 is the fire section as already mentioned, and hangar 3 currently houses a privately owned T-6 and a pair of JPs. Interestingly I heard that Monarch had bought part of the old tech site so, despite the fact that both rumours could well be wildly incorrect, there's rarely smoke without fire therefore I look forward to discovering the whole truth in due course!

md 600 driver
1st Jun 2010, 15:23
many thanks steve

Fake Sealion
2nd Jun 2010, 11:35
I recall seeing details of an auction for a large part of the "tech site " at CF..maybe 1 year ago but can't recall if it included any hangars.

Perhaps the new owners intend to build a new hangar?

It'll ruffle feathers at Sherburn. . . . .heavies operating a few yards up the road :}

Hamish 123
3rd Jun 2010, 08:27
Out of interest, does Church Fenton accept visiting GA aircraft?

Fake Sealion
3rd Jun 2010, 08:44
Hamish 123

I very much doubt if CF will entertain the idea of GA visitors as Sherburn lies only 3 miles south and is one of the largest GA airfields in Northern England !