PDA

View Full Version : Jazz Pilots Vote Overwhelmingly For Strike Action

Raymond767
27th May 2010, 17:49
ALPA Canada has just released a bulletin to their members publishing the results of the Jazz Strike Vote.

Percentage of Pilots Voting: 91%.

Those Voting in Favour of Strike Mandate: 99%.

Bargaining is to recommence on June 2nd, with Jazz Management, in YYZ.

The memo also states: "Jazz management and the Jazz Board now need to begin to seriously address our bargaining agenda. Failure to do so will result in the shutdown of the airline."

PaperTiger
28th May 2010, 19:49
Failure to do so will result in the shutdown of the airline.And inconveniencing (or worse) thousands of passengers. :mad:

hibypassratio
30th May 2010, 18:51
Jazz seems to doing quite well despite the recent ecenomic woes. The pilot group at Jazz has held the fort with a tight belt for long enough. It's time management recognized those doing the work and share some of the cheddar. I, for one, am behind ALPA and the Jazz pilot group.:D

troff
30th May 2010, 18:54
Just how much do Jazz pilots make? Anyone care to divulge any T&C's of their present contract?

Chuck Ellsworth
30th May 2010, 20:21
From reading the Canadian forum there seems to be a wide gap between the pilots and Jazz management.

With a strike vote of almost 100% it will be interesting to watch this unfold.

If they do go on strike it will really affect air travel in Canada and it will be interesting to see if Air Canada has the political backing to force them back to work.

click
30th May 2010, 20:23
Does it make any difference in what they make?

Mostly Harmless
31st May 2010, 03:52
Here you go.... http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/canadian/air_canada_jazz.html

Strickontheice
31st May 2010, 13:41
OK, let me get this right, parent company Air Canada post over a 300 million loss lat year and a 126 million loss the first quarter of 2010. has never been healthy since exiting bankruptcy and doesn't look good for the next few years. Sounds like a great time to strike or ask for more benefits, there's lots to go around

767-300ER
31st May 2010, 14:14
great point but Air Canada no longer owns Jazz. They are two separate companies that have a commercial agreement called a Capacity Purchase Agreement. Other than that, there is no relationship.

leo1950
31st May 2010, 15:18
Funny, I thought everyone knew Jazz was no longer owned by Air Canada. Jazz can definately afford to share the wealth it has and is accumulating, with its front line employees. The execs are certainly benefitting from it big time!!!

Chuck Ellsworth
1st Jun 2010, 00:18
Everyone who is aware of the situation at Jazz and the upcoming showdown between the pilots and the management at Jazz will be very interested in how this struggle turns out.

Reading a lot of the rhetoric and in some cases outright disdain for management by some of the posters on the Canadian forum is really perplexing because like it or not the description " management " denotes a position of power within the company.

The description " pilot " denotes employee.

P.S. :

I hope the pilots get a better deal than they now have. :ok: