PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia, indonesia VFR maps/charts

boeinglover
24th May 2010, 01:17
Hi Everyone,

Appreciate for any advice in pointing me to the source of the above.

Any downloadable Malaysian, Indonesian VFR lane / VFR charts to share with please.

Thanks and happy flying.

Cheers :)

Captain Stravaigin
24th May 2010, 02:10
Let me know if you find anything any good. Tying to buy a hard copy map is hard enough. The best I have found is an Australian Air Force map from the late 1990s, it doesn't even have KUL marked !!

IO540
24th May 2010, 06:16
Probably the best you will get will be the old U.S. ONC/TPC charts. These were last updated in the 1990s and are widely used outside Europe. They do not show CAS and you need to buy a current IFR/airway chart and mark up the CAS shapes from that onto the ONC chart.

They are sold online in both paper and electronic form - Aeroplanner is one outlet.

sycamore
24th May 2010, 20:54
Try phoning a couple of Malaysian flying clubs; I`ve got a couple of maps for E and W Malaysia from 1964,but there are large areas that say `Here be dragons,witchdoctors,headhunters` etc.......

Sultan Ismail
25th May 2010, 01:09
Maps are available from MY DCA for the Northern Sector and Borneo, however the Southern Sector is "owned" by Singapore DCA.

This link will take you to the maps which can be downloaded, if you have lots of time and a very broadband :)

EN - ROUTE CHARTS (http://aip.dca.gov.my/herc.html)

boeinglover
25th May 2010, 02:33
Thanks Sultan Ismail,

Great link and mostly from DCA. Appreciate it very much indeed. :ok:

STOLFLYER
5th Jun 2010, 08:07
Try to contact Indoavis in Halim Airport, Jakarta. They have the most comprehensive collection although a lot are not updated.
Anyway, the demand is little and people just copy and cipy so making the original very expensive. costing USD50 to 1USD100 each Map.
Point is, you order, they print from their big printer.