PDA

View Full Version : Java issue with AFPEX

140KIAS
14th May 2010, 17:20
Any one else getting a security warning message when running AFPEX.

Only difference to the example below is there's nothing in the area where it says "Name: mixedcode ..."
http://www.java.com/en/img/download/mixedcode-warning.jpg

More often than not it hangs up all together and I cant click yes, no or more information. Only solution seems to be to fire up task manager and end task the warning. This shuts down the AFPEX session too.

Becoming a real pain in the :mad:

IO540
14th May 2010, 18:22
Yes I got this too, yesterday I think.

roux1
14th May 2010, 22:18
O yes, Me to. The only solution after trying many remedials was to turn the java firewall off. Spoke to the guys at Swanwick who assured Me it was not a problem at their end of the system.

Deeday
14th May 2010, 23:47
I suspect that pop-up has to do with the latest update of the Java Runtime Environment (6.20) which came out not many weeks ago (assuming that you've let it automatically update itself, as it normally does). I say that because I've started getting the same pop-up on my internet banking website, which didn't happen before.
You can try to manually uninstall Java and install the previous version of the JRE instead (6 Update 19), which you can download from the Java archive (http://java.sun.com/products/archive/).

IO540
15th May 2010, 06:52
Excellent work by Deeday above :ok: :ok:

Works.

I disable updates on all laptops (in case of being on a paid-for data connection) but it caught me out on my two desktops (home and office).

Ryan5252
7th Jul 2010, 20:53
I'm having the same problem as 140KIAS and have to resort to task manager to kill the whole program! Can anyone advise how to uninstall Java per Deeday's recommendation?

Thanks!
Ryan

IO540
7th Jul 2010, 21:49
Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs ?

Ryan5252
7th Jul 2010, 22:23
Bit of hassle caused by Windows 7 and 'Administrator' settings. All resolved now though thanks! :ok:

IO540
8th Jul 2010, 06:56
The other thing you need to do with java is disable automatic updates, otherwise, one day, the thing stops working again all by itself :ugh:

I always disable all auto updates, on every machine used for something important (flight planning, accounting, etc).

Molesworth 1
8th Jul 2010, 10:30
I got the same.

Selected "No" and it went away and I had no further problems.