PDA

View Full Version : M Reg and rules under which it is operated

Crabbing
12th May 2010, 15:33
Hi, a quick question, if I may -

When flying a M, using an FAA/JAA validated licence, under which rules do you fly with regards to weather minima, tech limitations etc.?
Is it IOM rules or your country of licence issue rules?
How close are the IOM rules to those of the JAR/EASA?

Cheers.

G-SPOTs Lost
12th May 2010, 21:34
You fly iaw the IOM ANO

ANO Click Me (http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/pdf/uksi_20071115_en.pdf)

NuName
13th May 2010, 03:50
On a validation you have to adopt the most restrictive of the regulations between the two licencing states.

lear60fellow
13th May 2010, 08:07
Your common sense will apply, if you get to minimums in the chart you shoot Mapp, if the runway is short you donīt T/O or land... personally I think that pushing the limits is too much and cementeries are full of idiots that pushed those limits. Stick to your JAA or FAA rules and all will work fine.

FloaterNorthWest
13th May 2010, 09:05
This issue will be resolved in November when the IOMAR adopts the ICAO requirement that all aircraft are operated in accordance with an operations manual.

ab33t
14th May 2010, 11:18
On my enquiries into this it will be the country in which you operate as all aircraft on the IOM are private .

NuName
14th May 2010, 11:33
Quite right, it is always the country you are operating in, a licence from another state does not absolve you from any regulation in anothers airspace. But, having a validation requires you to adhere to the rules of the issuing state i.e the original and the validating state. Therefore it will be the most restrictive of all three as opposed to my original reply.

Crabbing
31st May 2010, 12:26
Thanks guys, much appreciated.