PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Work or Public Transport?

Pull what
8th May 2010, 10:44
There seems to be an interesting development from the Hinton on the Hedges accident thread. which deserves its own thread.

Can you carry a passenger(s) on an aerial work flight?

If you do carry a passenger is the flight now, 'public transport'?

Banner towing is not "classed as" aerial work. Whether or not a flight is aerial work or private depends, by Art 259, on the giving or promise of valuable consideration for the flight or purpose of the flight. The absence of valuable consideration means that the flight is not aerial work.Is in fact banner towing aerial work-I always thought it was?! (I think you are not understanding-VALUABLE CONSIDERATION

Is the issue here that the passenger in this case was probably part of the organisation that was paying the bill for the banner towing.If the passenger had been someone with no connection with the towing or the flying operation and had just been offfered a seat would it still be seen as public transport?

bookworm
8th May 2010, 14:24
You've quoted my reply from the other thread. All your questions are answered there. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm making no statement about whether the flight in question was or was not aerial work. That would depend on who was paid by whom for doing what.

Saab Dastard
8th May 2010, 15:52
This topic is being discussed on the original thread. Opening another would simply have the same discussion on two threads.

Thread closed.

SD