PDA

View Full Version : restricted areas

liam548
7th May 2010, 16:13
Not all the restricted areas are explained on the CAA charts. If I wanted to find out more about one how would I go about it, if it was not on the actual chart?

Springfield restricted area R312 near Blackpool for example.

Talkdownman
7th May 2010, 16:42
UK AIP ENR 5-1-2-5 (http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/current/enr/EG_ENR_5_1_en.pdf)

liam548
7th May 2010, 16:55
thank you. Is there any place that actually explains what they are though and hence give us a better understanding on why we should be avoiding them?

fisbangwollop
7th May 2010, 17:15
Why would you need to know what they are??....if they are Restricted it means keep out.....most though are Nuclear Power Stations or some form of Nuclear activity just like Springfields, not a power station but they dabble in nuclear things!! :cool:

AEST
7th May 2010, 20:29
Actually "Restricted" does not mean "keep out", "Prohibited" does

1800ed
7th May 2010, 20:33
They're usually prisons, power stations, special forces training bases and the likes.

BillieBob
7th May 2010, 21:12
They're usually prisons, power stations, special forces training bases and the likes.....and the odd upper class twit of the year's country estate.

niknak
8th May 2010, 11:56
Quote:
They're usually prisons, power stations, special forces training bases and the likes.

....and the odd upper class twit of the year's country estate.

Oddly enough, the Queen doesn't have one around Sandrigham at any time, even at Christmas when the entire clan gather for their annual tupperware party.

Most restricted areas around prisons only apply to helicopters, although Full Sutton High Security Prison has a GA airfield next door - most convenient!

rans6andrew
9th May 2010, 07:48
er.... if a restricted area does not appear on the chart, how are you expected to know it is there?

Rans6... who flies inside a restricted area every time he leaves his base airfield.

gpn01
9th May 2010, 08:25
If the ground glows at night.....you're in a Restricted area!

rans6andrew
9th May 2010, 09:01
my licence does not allow me to fly at night!

liam548
9th May 2010, 11:53
er.... if a restricted area does not appear on the chart, how are you expected to know it is there?

Rans6... who flies inside a restricted area every time he leaves his base airfield.

I meant the actual details at the bottom of the chart arnt always there. I think all restricted areas are displayed on the CAA charts.