PDA

View Full Version : Any Medivac Pilots out there ?

fourgolds
2nd May 2010, 10:53
Greetings . A little tired of life in the Sandpit . Was wandering if any Medivac drivers would care to PM me , or post here what life is like. Any idea of lifestyle/wages , equipment you operate etc would be greatly appreciated. I know the grass is not always greener bla bla , but I am seriously interested . I see ORNGE have PC12,s on order. A few companies have Lears and King Airs. I will consider anything , but want to do my homework. Off course I am not expecting widebody expat wages. just want some lifestyle and something sustainable.

Although I know the Canadian industry is in poor shape . PLease do not respond with " Skyservice , Sunwing etc to retrench pilots etc etc" Sticking to the point would be appreciated.

chongololo
2nd May 2010, 20:31
I'm not in Canada but in the southwest US so I might not have much to add.
I'll tell you a little bit about my job. I fly King Airs for an air ambulance operator. We are on call for 12 hour shifts then off for 12 hours.
We work between 20-25 days a month.
The planes are great, the schedule not bad, the pay decent.
Being on call takes getting used to.
We fly between 200-300 hours a year so not a time building job.
I like it, a stable segment of aviation right now.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

fourgolds
2nd May 2010, 22:09
Many Thanks Chongololo ( centipede ?) Not from Africa origonally are you ?

Sounds interesting , I would leave the sandpit in a heartbeat.

chongololo
4th May 2010, 20:32
Yes, I am indeed an african centipede!
Cheers

pitotman
6th May 2010, 20:41
Welcome to London Air Services - Business Tools That Fly (http://www.londonair.ca/)

A mate of mine has been there since HMY went Tango Uniform and he is enjoying LAS. They have very nice equipment and I believe the pay is reasonable to start and good once in the left seat.

All the best,

Pitotman

You may also want to try helijet

HELIJET - HOME (http://www.helijet.com/n/)

I gave up my j/s to a young guy from Helijet the other day and he is enjoying the lifestyle of the job.

fourgolds
7th May 2010, 10:57
Tks Pitotman , much appreciated

pschweitz
27th May 2010, 23:57
Ahh.. I used to do Med rescue flying in Namibia on a KingAir 90.
Good days!
Was a good job, good pay. But we were expected to fly to unlit airstrips at night. with only headlights from cars lifting sick tourists out of lodges...
Was interesting but not a career. Thought it was unsafe. Which it indeed was. But great experience!