PDA

View Full Version : CEO of the Cockpit

Capt PPRuNe
3rd Jan 2002, 18:37
Just thought I'd post this link to an excellent piece by Capt Kevin Garrison that is published on the excellent <a href="http://www.avweb.com/" target="_blank">AvWeb site</a>.

<a href="http://www.avweb.com/articles/ceo/ceo0001.html" target="_blank">CEO Of The Cockpit: Feeling Secure</a>

It is an amusing and very well written piece that offers a small insight to part of the routine for us pilots when we arrive at the aircraft and is suitable reading for those posters on these forums who are not pilots but think they know everythjng that our jobs entail.

timmcat
3rd Jan 2002, 18:55
"Also, I personally think I am dangerous enough in an airplane without being armed and I'm sure that thousands of my passengers would agree with me."

..hmm, think as a pax I would have preferred not to know this.

Cracking article, thanks Danny.

[ 03 January 2002: Message edited by: timmcat ]</p>

flapsforty
3rd Jan 2002, 20:49
Lovely read Capt'n!

Tinstaafl
3rd Jan 2002, 23:52
God, I larfed...

innuendo
4th Jan 2002, 01:37
Great stuff. Reminds me of a WOC (wily old commander) I flew with. On first aquaintance he introduced himself by saying "Good morning, my name is Captain Doe, and I do not carry a pen"
Nothing like clarity.

OzExpat
4th Jan 2002, 08:39
There's been altogether far too much larfing goin' on 'ere! So, I just damn near fell out of me comfy chair... :)

Ignition Override
4th Jan 2002, 11:15
Commander Pprune: excellent article, and also your comments to those "AviationExperts", who have logged so many valuable instrument hours on either a computer or tv remote control.

That author appears not to take insignificant chicken s**t off of anybody-which reminds me: are real men afraid to say cockpit, i.e. on the plane's pa system, instead of the feminist ("without a real cause") aviation term, which is flightdeck?

Kaptin M
4th Jan 2002, 12:21
If only the pax knew that this is pretty much "Ops normal" in a well run cockpit - Capt Garrison obviously majors in CRM!

5 APU's captain
8th Jan 2002, 17:17
This is a reality at least...