PDA

View Full Version : Private Rental WW or Wycombe?

Prophead
28th Apr 2010, 10:06
Hi

Does anyone know of any aircraft that are either cheap shares or rentable privately? I would like the option to take it away for a day or two if needed so club aircraft don't really work out. Also they can be expensive for what they are.

I possible I would like something that would be a 'step up' from an warrior etc.

My nearest airfield is WW then Wycombe so these would be preferable.

vfr-uk
28th Apr 2010, 10:56
There are definitely shares available in various a/c types at WW.

If it's your local airfield, have you looked at the noticeboards? There are usually quite a few pinned up.

There are definitely Piper shares, but also more complex ones than that since you're looking for a step up. Obviously, the more you step up, the less the term 'cheap' becomes applicable!

Not sure about direct renting, but I'm sure OPS there can point you in the right direction.

Blackbushe Flyer
28th Apr 2010, 14:09
Is a C182/PA28 group at Blackbushe of any use to you?

A and C
28th Apr 2010, 20:45
Try clicking on the Big red kite advert in the top right corner of this page

Genghis the Engineer
28th Apr 2010, 21:39
There's a for sale book in the AAA reception at Wycombe, usually a reasonable selection in there.

I don't think that there's much, if any, private hire at Wycombe - but a few decent syndicates and there are usually shares available. There is this (http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=12587&imid=0), but certainly others not necessarily advertised online.

If you want to be able to regularly take an aeroplane away for a few days, you probably will need to buy a share, which will mean an investment of around £2-£4k.

G

letpmar
28th Apr 2010, 23:02
we have one share available in a Sportcruiser hangared at Firs Farm just down the M4 from Waltham. It is perhaps not a step up but it is at the cheaper end and a very well equipped and capable aircraft.
Give me a call if interested 07976 262833

Pete

Brooklands
29th Apr 2010, 12:54
Prophead,

I think that there may be a turbo arrow available for private hire at Wycombe, have a look here (http://web.onetel.com/~simonrennie/g-shug%20frontpage.htm).

As the others said have a look at the notice boards at WW and WAP. There's always a few shares going at WW, and some at WAP from time to time.

Brooklands