PDA

View Full Version : Passenger flights restart between London and Baghdad

manrow
26th Apr 2010, 10:22
After a break of 20 years!

Operate schedules twice per week from Baghdad through Malmo to London, but direct on return. Operated by Tor Air.

oliversarmy
26th Apr 2010, 10:50
Viking Airlines have been doing this for a year !

crewmeal
26th Apr 2010, 14:02
Infact Viking fly from Brum to Baghdad, and have been for sometime, but via Sweden

SetStandard
26th Apr 2010, 15:12
We (Viking) also fly Gatwick to Bagdad via Stockholm, every Thursday if my memory serves me right.

sam1993
26th Apr 2010, 15:58
manrow,
The flights you mention are operated by Iraqi Airways using a 737-400 leased from Tor Air :ok:

globetrotter79
27th Apr 2010, 12:53
Please correct me if wrong...but I think this is the first flight to operate as a through service with the same flight number LGW-Baghdad with MMX as a glorified tech stop (also happens to be where Tor Air are based, so can easily exchange crew etc).

I was under the impression that all Viking flights had change of flight number and full commercial stops in Sweden (presumably they have to do this as traffic permits for a non-UK/non-Iraqi carrier as a through route might also be something of an issue...regardless of whatever the DfT makes of it!)

plumponpies
27th Apr 2010, 19:57
The Viking flights do have a different flight number for the BGW leg, however it is not a "full" comercial stop at ARN/MMX, just an hour turnaround for certain procedures to take place. I'm sure the same procedures are required for the Tor Air operation, i will not divulge them. :oh: