PDA

View Full Version : Hour Building in the US.

Craigeedee
25th Apr 2010, 21:24
I have a quick question regarding doing some flying in the US this summer.

I have a feeling this question may seem pretty stupid considering lots of people go to the US to do hour building. But anyway...

I plan to go to the US this summer to do some hour building, not for too long maybe 2 or 3 weeks. I am about to send some forms to the FAA to start the process of gaining a FAA PPL based on my JAA PPL I already have.

My question is When flying in the US I will be flying on the FAA PPL, and not my JAA PPL, so will the hours I log count towards my JAA Licence.

So in the future if I want to do a CPL will these hours count towards the required hours for the CPL.

Thanks alot

A and C
25th Apr 2010, 22:54
Why would you want to pay more money just to go to the USA and fly in an enviroment that won't help you with the JAR ATPL?

Before you ask I do have a vested interest but the question is still valid.

fernytickles
26th Apr 2010, 00:10
If you do choose to come to the US, I hope you come near the end of July, and use your hour building to come to Oshkosh/AirVenture. You won't regret it. An ATC system of the type you will never experience anywhere else in the world, busy airspace such that you will never experience anywhere else in the world, and lots of just plain aeroplane fun. Plenty of flight schools in the area too.
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh - The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration (http://www.airventure.org)

See you there ..

Pilot DAR
26th Apr 2010, 01:04
Don't overlook the opportunity to come to Canada for flying. Come and do your float rating! PM me if I can help with more details....