PDA

View Full Version : Staff parking at LGW

Mowgli
3rd Jan 2002, 15:51
I used to be in "Z overflow" car park, near to BA maintenance, about 1.5 miles from Concorde house where my crewroom is. Recently, "Z overflow" was closed and now I'm in "X", 2.5 miles from Concorde house, near the 08 threshold.

This means allowing 30 mins from arriving at LGW to park, get in the bus (they come every 10 mins) and get to Concorde house.

Since the previous users from "Z overflow" are now all shoehorned into X, finding a parking place is not a simple matter. Sometimes, you end up parking near the fence, furthest away from the bus stop, so even more time needs to be allowed.

I recently spoke to a BAA emplyee, a fellow user of car park X, and she told me it was the bus company's decision to close "Z overflow" due to the loss of workers following sep 11.

I feel frustrated by using this car park every time I go to work.

Does anyone else share my frustration? What can be done to get "Z overflow" opened up again?

If enough people complain and make noises to the right people something could be done.

Reply here please - let's get it sorted.

No comment
3rd Jan 2002, 16:06
Get your boss or someone to give the parking people a call. I used to be in X and yes, I agree...it turned what was a 30 minute drive into a 1hr journey to work... Make your case and you may be lucky...

Monkey Tennis
3rd Jan 2002, 18:08
I am surprised that you did not mention the hazardous traffic calming measures, installed to cure a probalem that did not exist.

Move to R car park, my blood pressure and working day have both reduced since the move.